GreaseSpot Cafe

God will give you double for your previous trouble

finallyunderstand

I was listening to Joyce Meyer on TV this morning. She said a lot of things that got me thinking, because sometimes I don't move forward and take opportunities and I don't always know why.

Then she said "God will give you double for your previous trouble." I know she was referring to Job, but the way she said it made me think. I had a difficult childhood and then bad experiences with twi. Life is certainly not perfect for me now, I still have problems I'm sorting out. But I can see where God has given me back double for my previous trouble.

I have a very loving and fun marriage and terrific children. My family is the best thing in my life. Our home is a refuge. I even have the most loving, supportive and fun in laws you could imagine.

I have a wonderful job that 45 other people applied for, but I got it just because they liked me. I didn't have much experience but they thought it would be worth the investment to train me. I have learned so many things and gained skills I didn't have before. They have teated me very well, I enjoy my coworkers, I like going there every day, and this job has greatly improved our family's life style.

I have made some really nice friends and I feel like our family has love, respect and friendship in our community.

My life now is so much better than what I had growing up and then being with twi. For as bad as those experiences could be at times, I see how God has always still been there for me.

So, where has God given you double for your previous trouble? I thought it would be interesting to hear what you all have to say.

If some of mine would come in right now in the form of a great job, I'm open to that. :D

And, I'm very happy for your good fortune in that same area, Finallyunderstand!

Thank you Waterbuffalo. That was nice of you to say. I had a lot of years of awful jobs because I had no skills. What kind of a job would you like to have?

(You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Not trying to intrude just maybe I can think of something.)

:)

I have ABSOLUTELY seen this happen. Sometimes I'm the one who caused the trouble too! I can almost see why some people think that God caused something bad to happen because the situation turned around so much in due time that you think if it hadn't of been for the bad thing happening the good thing would never have happened.

There is a verse I share with my prison pen pal friend, that she writes back and throws right back at me. We all need to hear it. It's from Romans 8:28

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose"

No matter WHAT happened, even if it's my own dang fault, God can use it to make some good come out of it. I truely believe that! :love3:

BTW, I saw the double for your trouble from Joyce too!

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I have two wonderful grandchildren (almost 2 anyway) and a great daughter-in-law I would never have had if I hadn't left TWI, because they told me to "get rid of" the Sprout.

What happened to Waysider's picture?

I think there is a verse about God giving back the years that the locusts have eaten. No time to look it up, though, right now.

WG

You're already a win-nah Polar Bear! :biglaugh:

Hi F.Un. I like your logic. Job certainly had a good shake coming to him, and it's a good read.

My income's certainly increased, quite a bit since the last year I was "in" the Way. But there's certain changes I made that contributed to that outcome. Still, there's been a very constant increase. It's more than double, fortunately. Still, I can always find good use for more so if anyone's double downed and hit the jackpot, I can be reached at SoquesWillFindGoodUseForYourXtraDough@sweetdeail.com. Besides my own effort though I give full credit to the Creator and Father of All Good Stuff, who's seen fit to slide some sugar my way.

Likewise family and other stuff - I can't say that I was all that robbed and ripped though so there's no rags-to-riches story to tell really. Well, I definitely have more "good" socks in the drawer now, and some nice pants. Nothing extravagant, but decent quality. I've gotten some very nice guitars too, going from one to many. So, that's nice. I have a nice computer and some other recording stuff. I never had that before. It's taken awhile but stuff seems to have come around where once there was none. More than double that, i I guess.

Mostly my kids - man, I have great kids. My wife's great too. She's the same one I've always had but it's significant she's still onboard for the trip. Thre's some serious spiritual joo joo going on there. God's got my back. Wife, kids, can't say enough about them. 'Sall good. Plus, my kids are old enough now to know what it takes to meet their own bills so I've got serious street cred' in that department. Respect! It's a beautiful thing.

My Wife enjoys Joyce Myers too, now and then. A little bit goes a long way. Joyce isn't my thing, I'm sure she means well and is nice and all but I don't get much out of her sermons and preaching. But this sounds like one of those affirmations my Wife likes, that sets a positive expectation and can be easily remembered. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. Why not double? Triple, you deserve it. Everyone does.

fullyunderstand I hope the naysayers here didn't scare you away. Pay no attention to them I strongly believe in this principal to be true.

In fact, I was kicking myself this morning because I was reading in the local paper where there was an event yesterday, just a couple of miles away that I would have LOVED to bring my dog too, and I missed it. I was doing NOTHING yesterday and I just wanted to kick myself this morning.

But now, I already asked God to make it up to me (and Nico) and I just KNOW He will. It may sound corny but I really believe I will have something to look forward to now that will be twice as cool as the event I missed.

BTW, I like your icon, is that your dog? Looks like a baby pit bull!

fullyunderstand I hope the naysayers here didn't scare you away. Pay no attention to them I strongly believe in this principal to be true.

In fact, I was kicking myself this morning because I was reading in the local paper where there was an event yesterday, just a couple of miles away that I would have LOVED to bring my dog too, and I missed it. I was doing NOTHING yesterday and I just wanted to kick myself this morning.

But now, I already asked God to make it up to me (and Nico) and I just KNOW He will. It may sound corny but I really believe I will have something to look forward to now that will be twice as cool as the event I missed.

BTW, I like your icon, is that your dog? Looks like a baby pit bull!

Hi Rottie,

Thanks for the post. You reminded me of something. For many years I wanted a dog. But we were usually renting places that no pets were allowed. (The debt free issue) A few years ago we were finally able to get a dog. He brings us so much joy. He makes us laugh every day, he is so funny. I think God made dogs to make sure someone would always be around to give us unconditional love. It's nice to meet a fellow dog lover. I bet it is going to be made up to you. It matters to you so it matters to God. Let me know what it ends up being, I'd love to hear. :)

You're already a win-nah Polar Bear! :biglaugh:

Hi F.Un. I like your logic. Job certainly had a good shake coming to him, and it's a good read.

My income's certainly increased, quite a bit since the last year I was "in" the Way. But there's certain changes I made that contributed to that outcome. Still, there's been a very constant increase. It's more than double, fortunately. Still, I can always find good use for more so if anyone's double downed and hit the jackpot, I can be reached at SoquesWillFindGoodUseForYourXtraDough@sweetdeail.com. Besides my own effort though I give full credit to the Creator and Father of All Good Stuff, who's seen fit to slide some sugar my way.

Likewise family and other stuff - I can't say that I was all that robbed and ripped though so there's no rags-to-riches story to tell really. Well, I definitely have more "good" socks in the drawer now, and some nice pants. Nothing extravagant, but decent quality. I've gotten some very nice guitars too, going from one to many. So, that's nice. I have a nice computer and some other recording stuff. I never had that before. It's taken awhile but stuff seems to have come around where once there was none. More than double that, i I guess.

Mostly my kids - man, I have great kids. My wife's great too. She's the same one I've always had but it's significant she's still onboard for the trip. Thre's some serious spiritual joo joo going on there. God's got my back. Wife, kids, can't say enough about them. 'Sall good. Plus, my kids are old enough now to know what it takes to meet their own bills so I've got serious street cred' in that department. Respect! It's a beautiful thing.

My Wife enjoys Joyce Myers too, now and then. A little bit goes a long way. Joyce isn't my thing, I'm sure she means well and is nice and all but I don't get much out of her sermons and preaching. But this sounds like one of those affirmations my Wife likes, that sets a positive expectation and can be easily remembered. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. Why not double? Triple, you deserve it. Everyone does.

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)