GreaseSpot Cafe

PICTURES IN THE WAY

copenhagen

Not wanting to derail the " the good times " thread, I will make a comment here and quote Bramble,

"In the nineties people quit taking pictures of events etc--you just had to purge them later when people got M&A etc."

This is such a true statement. Now with cheap video cameras and digital camaras you would think

way meetings there would be tons of photos taken. Not so, people go but do not take pictures.

There was a new lady at fellowship a few months ago who was into scrapbooking( I think that is what she called it).

She signed up for the class and took it. She brought her camara, a high teck digital one and tried to take

pictures of everything. This was discouraged. She went with the flow, even though this was her passion.

After the class she had a scrapbooking party and invited all the ladies from fellowship to come.

A bunch showed up but had no one had pictures to make a scrapbook. They just tried to witness to others

at the scrapbook party.

I even knew a guy who did not ask his best friend (who was a believer) to be his best man at his wedding.

He chose a local way corp fellowship cord who he hardley knew. The reason was because he felt his friend

was not as commited as he was and did not want his best friend in the pictures if he copped out..

This doctrine was never spoken as far as I know, it just seems to me that people know the herd will

be thinned and the faithful did not want to have pictures of evil copouts.

This is my take of what I see in the way. Your friends are not your friends out of love but standing.

This is just another example of the way international and their mind set...

If it looks, acts and smells like a cult, it must be a cult.

copenhagen

Some of the tribes in Africa will not allow picture taking as their spiritual beliefs indicate taking their picture may capture their soul.

Here, in modern TWI, we note similar behavior in picture taking.

TWI members in like behavior shun picture taking for fear that a picture may capture their soul in association with someone less committed to TWI than they are. Or that their soul may be captured at a moment where they are associated with someone who later "cops out" thus preserving their association in time for others to recognize.

Another public service entry for the journals of superstition in social anthropology. We should do stick drawings to help illustrate.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I even knew a guy who did not ask his best friend (who was a believer) to be his best man at his wedding.

He chose a local way corp fellowship cord who he hardley knew. The reason was because he felt his friend

was not as commited as he was and did not want his best friend in the pictures if he copped out..

copenhagen

Copenhagen,

I find what you said sad and disturbing. What is sad and troubling is that I think what you are saying is true. What you said also speaks very loudly on how little value on friendships.

How sad that people are in this place where they can not just enjoy their life and those around them.. I am amazed TWI has any followers at all when it is conducted in such a closed community setting.

I would hope that eventually it would all dissolve and go away freeing those trapped by the evilness of it.

How sad that people are in this place where they can not just enjoy their life and those around them.. I am amazed TWI has any followers at all when it is conducted in such a closed community setting.

I would hope that eventually it would all dissolve and go away freeing those trapped by the evilness of it.

Even The Flat Earth Society has "hangers-on".

I know a small number of wayfers on facebook and they have plenty of pictures of events with friends etc.

Although, I also know of people who have been recently told to not have pics up of people who have left the way not long ago... leaders that local people still like and converse with.

Even The Flat Earth Society has "hangers-on"

Waysider that was too funny.

Cope-A few months ago. Are you still in?

My wife used to cut out all the pics of cop outs when we were in.

Now we cut out the ones that are still in.

On the upside we have a lot of pics with just the two of us now.

I remember that big ol' panoramic shot of everyone who went WOW when I did.

I was duty bound to cut out all the "cop outs" pictures as they copped out.

In 1995 I had to cut my picture out.

I recently heard that my ex wife from that time is still in and quite committed (strange, but true).

Now I have a big picture of my ex wife surrounded by all these decapitated bodies.

Actually, I threw the damn thing out years ago...but it gave me something to type on a saturday morning...and some still committed wayfers who might be reading this will most likely believe it...they'll believe most anything.

Wish I had taken more pix when I was in rez. I go through phases,n at times taking quite a lot of photos and other times never touching my camera. But when in rez, there were the twin problems of (1) finding the money to buy film, then develop and print photos, out of the $30/month allowance; and (2) getting out and about to somewhere that could D&P (there was very little free time, for anything).

Supposed I could have asked visiting spiritual partners or other people who came in; but those poor willing souls (God bless 'em) could often find themselves quite put upon by the needy in rez corps.

Some of my Corps however did manage to take some photos - well, they did on LEAD but I myself might have managed an exception for that - but most of the time, we didn't.

I did find the class pic taken at conclusion of my first PFAL. ...Who were all these people?

And I have copies of a few other class pix of later PFALs - who were all those people?

In part, the 'no photos' thing (especially as it relates to alleged cop-outs) is "forgetting those things you've left behind". But that doesn't exactly square with HQ taking their own photos of classes, events, productions, etc.

I don't remember any specicfic doctrine or teaching on this.

Oh wait, yes I do. I remember some sort of slide show where LCM was showing us some slides of some party in the Big Top. There was a pic of someone who had recently "copped out" and LCM couldn't get past that quick enough and made some remark in less than complimentary tones. A little later in the same slide show, there was a slide of me dancing with someone and he flicked past that pretty quick too. Always thought my days were numbered, after that. However, I did manage to hang on to graduate and then for a while after that, too.

What I do remember from the mid to late 80s is that the music of alleged cop-out musicians was HEAVILY frowned-upon and banned. You would get divil spirits from listening to such material.

Like Twinky stated, money and time were always a major consideration.

It seems like it's only been in the last decade or so that picture taking has become so affordable and easy.

That might not mean a hill of beans to many people but we really had to use our time and resources judiciously back then.

I like looking at the pictures people post on here so I can see who I recognize or knew.. we, hubby and I had some but when we left we were hitch hiking so all that stuff got left behind. Sad... I don't care about TWI but I knew some really nice people... and since it was earlier in TWI time they really were nice.. Not yet worrying about devil spirits or bossing everyone around.

I like looking at the pictures people post on here so I can see who I recognize or knew.. we, hubby and I had some but when we left we were hitch hiking so all that stuff got left behind. Sad... I don't care about TWI but I knew some really nice people... and since it was earlier in TWI time they really were nice.. Not yet worrying about devil spirits or bossing everyone around.

I was hitch hiking too(me and another "dsyfunctional wow vet")we lost alot of stuff including my guitar!

Once again, it reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode. People would disappear and all memory of them would vanish, too.

"Ed? Ed who? I don't know any Ed. He must be a figment of your imagination or something..."

No pictures...This stuff reminds me of the book 1984...the thought police and the ministry of truth.

They never existed, we shall no longer speak their names...we shall purge any pictures of them from the eyes of the people.

They live in a fabricated fantasy land. Twi's history is made up of the very people they now hide from. Pathetic? You know it.

No pictures...This stuff reminds me of the book 1984...the thought police and the ministry of truth.

They never existed, we shall no longer speak their names...we shall purge any pictures of them from the eyes of the people.

They live in a fabricated fantasy land. Twi's history is made up of the very people they now hide from. Pathetic? You know it.

And all of those actions justified by the Ministry of Love...dammm that sounds familiar. Because of LCM's LOVE for the body people were M&A'd by the ministry of LOVE and removed from history by the ministry of TRUTH

Groucho - How many fingers am I holding up? <Hint to others: Go read the book>

I wouldn't be surprised if there are folks who are making the choice to not take pictures. In a sad, sick, perverted way wouldn't that be the logical conclusion to der victoid's quote, "I have no friends when it comes to the Word."

Why take and keep pictures of someone who may not be your friend next week?

I have a friend who said, "What vp knew about friendship you could carve on the edge of a penny."

Wait!!! Wait!!! I found a picture! This is LCM after CG reproved him with the burning WOG (oh sorry firecracker) in his fundament. Of course...it never happened.

post-1686-1245471103_thumb.jpg

Edited by RumRunner
  • Upvote 1