GreaseSpot Cafe

You May Be a TWI Tool If...

JeffSjo

You may be a TWI tool if.....

You let them destroy other marriages before they got to yours. (For me, splinter group experience, but painful to consider nevertheless)

You may be a TWI tool if...

You falsly accuse others of slander and do not even say that you are sorry..... (No code breaking necessary I trust)

You are o.k. with someone being falsely accused of practically criminal actions as long as no one dares calls you "braniac."

• Upvote 2

While correcting ettiquette errors at the dinner table you habitually yell and have food spewing out of your mouth.

• Upvote 1

You may be a twi tool if you schedule your day in 15 minute increments and keep to that schedule just in case somebody comes over to check on you. You must be a tool if in that schedule you detail your "private time" with your spouse.......Or - - if you must ask permission to start or add to your family!

You may be a twi tool if, when you give someone your opinion on something...it sounds word for word like the latest twi teaching tape.

And, word for word, it's the same answer everyone ELSE in twi gives to the same question....

especially if the answer doesn't actually ANSWER THE QUESTIOM, but EVADES it.

You might be a TWI tool if you save all year, quit your job to drive three days in the summer heat to spend two weeks in sweltering humidity in a tent with a few hundred other people in "scenic" Northern Ohio where the water tastes like.... All this so you can have the "blessing" of "volunteering" to do a menial job and to have the privilege to sit all day in another tent listening to men of God wannabees spouting their pseudo wisdom.

You also might be a TWI tool if when you return home from said event, you talk about what a blessing it was to attend when your non-twi neighbor comes over to show you pictures of their trip to Disney World, or Cancun.

You are definitely a tool of TWI if when you look at these pictures of folks having fun while swimming in crystal blue water by lovely waterfalls you think, "What a waste of time! I spent my vacation serving God!!"

Edited by erkjohn
  • Upvote 2

You are still comforted and encouraged when "the man" puts down people who are not trying to do anything but bring up relevant issues. For instance; He/she will just fade away, or I have already forgotten more scripture than _________ will ever know, or he/she is unqualified, or he/she isn't ready, or you'll be a Greasespot by midnight.

• Upvote 1

... you spent money on a class but not your brakes which are worn out and need replaced.

... you have ever tried to "Mark and Avoid" the internet.

... you ever raved about WOW burgers.

... you only socialize with people at functions who had ministry name tags. (Not newbies)

... you miss once-in-a-lifetime events with your kids to attend a class you've taken more times than you can count.

JT

• Upvote 1

You may be a TWI tool if----

You still refer to a certain someone as "Doctor".

unless they are Tom Baker, Peter Davidson, Colin Baker, Slyvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Ecclestron, David Tennant, or Mathew Lucas(or William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee) :biglaugh:

... you spent money on a class but not your brakes which are worn out and need replaced.

... you have ever tried to "Mark and Avoid" the internet.

... you ever raved about WOW burgers.

... you only socialize with people at functions who had ministry name tags. (Not newbies)

... you miss once-in-a-lifetime events with your kids to attend a class you've taken more times than you can count.

JT

OMG! WOW burger! That is great!!!

You insist on thinking that there is good in TWI to hold onto even after you realize that the ones who promoted that view are the same ones who have manipulated and abused many people for several decades.

You ARE a TWI tool if...

You bought one of the VPW statues for about $200. (Did I get that price right?) The one that had an erection? OMG, what a tool I was!

JT

There was a VP statue???? must have been long after we left... and how appropriate that it had an erection!

There was a VP statue???? must have been long after we left... and how appropriate that it had an erection!

Sad but true. It was about 8 inches high and bronze. He was holding a Bible in one hand and his glasses in the other. Of course, VP was on a pedestal. ;) Can't remember what the pedestal said. Maybe someone here remembers? They were pushing these things forever. I think they had a lot made and they didn't sell. After all, if you don't have money to eat, $200 for a statue was a stretch. I never saw many in other people's houses. Actually, I'm not sure I EVER saw another one.

Any other tools have one of those?

JT