GreaseSpot Cafe

Who remembers Waydale?

GrouchoMarxJr

Were you a part of Waydale?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering...

• I was a poster at Waydale and Greasespot
    • I was never a poster at Waydale, I joined Greasespot after Waydale shut down

I saw it once when I was a teenager. Only thread I saw was about Rosie and Donna being you-know-whats.

Leadership ordered me via mi padre not to look ever again. And I have never looked on Waydale since. :biglaugh:

How did they know you'd been poking around there?

When they forbid everyone to look online I had to go see what they were hiding. It started a trend for me where I slowly educated myself on TWI's nasty underbelly. Ya, getting brought up on RICO charges and narrowly escaping full disclosure by settling out of court for God (and the Allens :eusa_clap: ) only knows how much money was worth trying to hide, eh Rosie?

BTW - read the court cases folks. She lies like a rug. In 2000 Rosalie told the way corps at a corps meeting from an advanced class special that she did not know of LCM's afairs. She then blamed the way corps for not speaking up. dang, if you spoke up to lord craig you got booted out of the place at best. This is an excerpt from a statement they filed with the courts. Source: http://www.uia.net/~messiah7/sut_suitsexrev.htm

TWI Motion Admits Repeated Wrongdoings

TWI filed a motion on about October 19, 2000, in response to the Allen suit in which TWI admitted that Martindale had a sexual relationship with another follower. The Sidney Daily News, October 20, 2000, reported:

"In June 1998, the Board of Trustees learned Martindale had a sexual relationship with another follower of The Way. Board members 'chastised' Martindale and took steps to guard against another incident. The board learned of the encounters with Allen in March 1999, but the motion explained that since those encounters predated June 1998 and the measures the board took then, board members decided no additional action was necessary."

The motion also admitted that Martindale had sexual relations with Allen at least four times.

This troubling admission by TWI makes clear that the Board of Trustees (BOT) knew it was fact (not just rumor or allegation) that Martindale had committed immoral actions and had sexually harassed at least two employees. Yet the BOT treated it very casually, not requiring Martindale's immediate resignation or making restitution to the victims. This suggests a serious lack of accountability of top leadership (especially the trustees). This is compounded by the fact that only the three trustees know and command all aspects of TWI, which made it easier for Martindale (who held one-third of the BOT votes) to gain a BOT decision which was very favorable to him.

These lawsuits and TWI admissions make clear the pattern and conspiracy of sexual harassment established by TWI leadership.

Uhh, Rosie was installed on the then board of trustees in 96.

Well while I'm on a role:

from - http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/tdy_underrosie.htm

RIVENBARK'S TESTIMONY AT AN EVIDENTIARY HEARING

President Rivenbark gave testimony at the March 2003 evidentiary hearing in the Peeler Lawsuit which update TWI policy on several topics. She said that followers should not be in debt, but that they are not required to be debt free. However, she said that Way Corps and leaders are required to be debt-free (pp. 19-20). She denied that TWI teaches that harm will come to followers who are in debt, although the plaintiffs are likely to make a firm case that TWI has in fact taught that.

Rivenbark also admitted, "we teach them that the tithe is the minimum amount to give" (p. 22). She claimed that 60% of TWI's budget goes to employees, 18% to maintain facilities and 14% for training and publications (totaling 92%).

Rivenbark described some of the efforts to hide two of Martindale's sexual affairs. Instead of removing him, they only asked that he follow a more supervised schedule so they could better monitor him. They asked Martindale to step down as chief teacher and president (but to remain on the research staff) only when the Allens made the wrongs public by filing a lawsuit. She admits that neither the April press release nor the April 2000 statement to the household via telephone hookups with TWI fellowships mentioned his adultery which caused the changes (pp. 33-35).

Rivenbark's testimony is troubling for two main reasons. First, Martindale's adulteries were serious sins, ethical failures, and even illegal because they involved employees. They should have removed him promptly for both spiritual and organizational reasons. Instead, they hid his adultery and the only consequence was minor schedule changes. The fact they wanted to keep an eye on him (via a tighter schedule and more supervision) says that they didn't trust him to avoid such wrongdoing in the future. In the meantime, they served as "enablers," allowing him to continue virtually unchecked. Even when they convinced him to resign the presidency, they allowed him to keep a responsible teaching position as head of the research department..

Second, Rivenbark's testimony reveals the fact that they were hiding this critical error from followers and leaders alike. They made guarded attempts to acknowledge the error only after Allen made it public first. Even then the release and tape hid much of the truth. They didn't say something because it was right to do, but because TWI followers were hearing the truth from other sources and were getting angry.

ahh...what the hell, I'll finish my point.

THE JUDGEMENT

After reviewing the evidence, Judge John D. Schmitt rendered the "Decision and Order Entry Granting Partial Summary Judgement" on Oct. 30, 2000. He states:

"There is evidence that Rosalie Rivenbark knew about Craig Martindale's extra marital sexual relationships, as early as 1995. Deposition of L. Craig Martindale, page 123.... There is evidence to indicate that both Rosalie Rivenbark and Ramona Biden played a role in the events leading up to the sexual encounter between Craig Martindale and (Mrs.) Allen. A jury must decide whether the encounter was consensual, or if an assault occurred. If the jury finds that an assault occurred, the same jury might reasonably conclude that defendants engaged in a pattern of corrupt activity, which led to the assault."

In other words, the judge found that Martindale did have sex with women who weren't his wife, partly on the basis of Martindale's own admissions, which TWI itself would not refute. He also concluded that there was a conspiracy, because at least Rivenbark and Martindale (two of the three trustees) were aware of his previous sexual relationships. He also concluded that there was a pattern of corrupt activity which led to the assault. In effect, the Judge stated that his opinion was that the Allens' allegations of conspiracy and a pattern of corrupt activity were true. It is no wonder that TWI chose to settle with the Allens in order to avoid losing a jury trial as well as putting a lot of testimony against the trustees on public record.

In effect, Judge Schmitt confirmed the substance of the Allens' allegations and interrogatories.

Dr. John Juedes, 2001

I got my first computer (unwanted by me and used) in 2003 (June). It took me until December of that year to discover the internet.

When I was offered that computer, I remember saying (quote)"What the Heck am I gonna do with THIS thing!!"(end quote)

How times change, eh??? redface.gifbiglaugh.gifbeer.gifspy.gifdoh.gif

I wanted to look at Waydale soooo bad! But I was on Staff when it was up. The only internet time I got was at the Saint Mary or New Bremen libraries. There was always so many other HQ people there, I didn't dare get caught.

I did get caught on an internet dating site by a Corps guy once. He came up, looking over my shoulder, and asked "Whacha doing?" I was obviously surprised and acted like I was. Good thing he ended up being a cool guy. I heard later he make quite a stir at a Way CU meeting.

Has anyone talked to P*aul All*n recently? I had email correspondence with him when I first left TWI. I was there at HQ when he and F*rn were there. I think he was finally able to move on with his life.

I wonder if there will be a day when the details of what happened will be able to be made public?

Chas....You weren't supposed to use Waydale as a dating site....

You know better... :)

Chas....You weren't supposed to use Waydale as a dating site....

You know better... :)

I didn't.... but when I told Mathman I was really a girl, he responded with something like he was really a female cross-dresser with a scheduled appearance on the Jerry Springer show modeling fur g-strings and I was hooked. :blush:

Oh my goodness ! We had SO much fun at waydale.

Hours......hours! in chat every day. Never missed a day and friendships were forged there.

When my oldest would go MIA again and again, folks in chat would comfort me, we'd laugh and tell stories about our families until she came home again. No one ever left me alone during the rough days of finding my feet as a single/only parent.

When the first lawsuit was announced, I was in chat and Radar O'Reilly came in to announce and I was there...........wow!

Rascal's went into labor while we all sat in rapt anticipation and hung in there til the child showed up. Someone boiled water, we all hollard "PULL!" and such mature thing.

I think grand-daughter went into labor during a GSC chat. HA!

Couples hooked up via waydale, we mourned deaths, celebrated new jobs, grieved shi++y days together, muddled through healing from a cult, we comforted through divorces.

Life happened there.

Edited by Shellon

Hours......hours! in chat every day. Never missed a day and friendships were forged there.

When my oldest would go MIA again and again, folks in chat would comfort me, we'd laugh and tell stories about our families until she came home again. No one ever left me alone during the rough days of finding my feet as a single/only parent.

When the first lawsuit was announced, I was in chat and Radar O'Reilly came in to announce and I was there...........wow!

Rascal's went into labor while we all sat in rapt anticipation and hung in there til the child showed up. Someone boiled water, we all hollard "PULL!" and such mature thing.

I think grand-daughter went into labor during a GSC chat. HA!

Couples hooked up via waydale, we mourned deaths, celebrated new jobs, grieved shi++y days together, muddled through healing from a cult, we comforted through divorces.

Life happened there.

Right-e-o Shellon! I think that's why we all long for a kind of chat at each new "birthing" of GreaseSpot. Friends made there in chat are friends for life I think! But that was a one time thing. That was the only chat board that stayed open when you left it so we would leave messages there. All day long we'd do "fly by's"....you could do absentee chats.....leave a message for Shell and she would pick it up next time she logged in.

I'm grateful the All%6ns for getting the ball rolling - - but where would we be without Pawtuckett. If he hadn't picked up the ball and runn with it twi would have almost gotten off scott free. Now we're always here chasing their tails and being a thorn in their flesh. That's one of my favorite things to do....almost as good as sex, don't you think?

Hi Mr. Linder. :wave:Hurry up with your coffee now, it's almost time to go spy on the masses, and you have a 10:30 fellowship to get ready for......hurry hurry Mr. Linder.

Hi Mr. Linder. :wave:Hurry up with your coffee now, it's almost time to go spy on the masses, and you have a 10:30 fellowship to get ready for......hurry hurry Mr. Linder.

No idea why you are so polite to Linder. He was always a fat and stupid f**k with an arrogant attitude. His wife was always kind of nice in rez - never understood why a nice young thing like here would kiss up to a fat, pasty, slimey, major wuss kinda guy. I heard he and Craig got it on a lot in later years.

Hey Linder - you must have figured out who I am by now. Wanna stop by for a visit? I got some nice utensils that can perform liposuction on ya pea brain.

Edited by GT
complaints of sidestepping swear word bans was done way to well ;)

No idea why you are so polite to Linder. He was always a fat and stupid f**k with an arrogant attitude. His wife was always kind of nice in rez - never understood why a nice young thing like here would kiss up to a fat, pasty, slimey, major wuss kinda guy. I heard he and Craig got it on a lot in later years.

Hey Linder - you must have figured out who I am by now. Wanna stop by for a visit? I got some nice utensils that can perform liposuction on ya pea brain.

Hey there - - would you use some of those tools on me????I've got a few spots that could use some liposuction=type attention.....but the rest of it you can keep.

Yeah..........Waydale was awesome.

With all due respect to GS......Waydale was "striking while the iron was hot." So many posters with inside information on trustee dirty laundry, extreme legalism, and mark/avoid shenanigans. Martindale was caught in the headlights of adultery, spittle-teachings, out-of-control arrogance, character assassinations on corps meetings, all-corps-payroll-revelation, don's retirement, howard's "ousting," rosalie's knowledge of lcm-predation, wierwille's plagairism and predation and real motives, etc. etc.

At the time, I was posting as FreshAir.....and must have started some 200 threads.

When martindale made his April 2000 confession, the EXODUS (#2) was on......and 6 or 7 REGION COUPLES resigned from twi. Whole regions were affected over night....and twi was in major damage control mode.

The Waydale threads were electric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_clap:

Yeah... WayDale was where all us 'innies' went for the REAL info when it became so obvious our leadership was lying their fannnies off to us.

There was so much happening so fast back then the threads were hot, hot, HOT!!! I would check the threads several times a day because I didn't want to miss anything.

(of course, I got outed and booted for posting on WayDale, so...)