GreaseSpot Cafe

Relics

RumRunner

Trying to figure out why wierwille was so anti-relic, esp against the Catholic church. I heard a rumor today that the drunken rapist's glass eye was for sale on ebay. I never go there so I don't know about this link. Special deal for Texans since their state song is "The Eyes of Texas are Upon You" but with proof of previous way corps graduation you can get this eye in Texas with a free forehead harness so you can have three eyes and be all seeing, having the mystical abilities to see it in the original, and with three eyes, one of them wierwille's, you too can become the eyes and ears of the church.....just like he was.

Edited by RumRunner

Trying to figure out why wierwille was so anti-relic, esp against the Catholic church. I heard a rumor today that the drunken rapist's glass eye was for sale on ebay. I never go there so I don't know about this link. Special deal for Texans since their state song is "The Eyes of Texas are Upon You" but with proof of previous way corps graduation you can get this eye in Texas with a free forehead harness so you can have three eyes and be all seeing, having the mystical abilities to see it in the original, and with three eyes, one of them wierwille's, you too can become the eyes and ears of the church.....just like he was.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I guess that 1949 Indian Chief wasn't really a relic. It was just another old motorcycle. <_<

wanna hear something creepy? When I was in-residence the old fart passed his glass eye around in the Chapel. Yup - I actually touched it.. ."I'll keep an eye out for ya" has some real meaning for me - ain't no figure of speech if ya know what I'm saying! <_<

they ought to incorporate it on their Mountain High Checkbooks [do they even still make those goofy things?] - similar to the floating eye on back of the dollar bill.. . yeah the all-seeing eye of vp still has his eye on your money.

a17pyramid.gif

eye.gif

yes - YES, Waysider!!!!! That's exactly what it looked like! And when I made some remark about the horns and barbed tail, vp passed them off as part of the anchoring system for the glass eye.. . who knew?!

.... He passed his glass eye around ?! He passed his friggin GLASS EYE around ???!!!!!

I think I'm going to be sick. Did he pop it out of his head in front of you ? What possible reason could there by for this ?

wouldn't suprise me. "here's da cost of da verd, keeds..."

Did he put it back in, after passing it around?

And the big question: where is it now? On rosie's mantle?

questions, questions..

biglaugh.gif

my memory is very fuzzy on the before & after of vp passing around the ol' porcelain peeper. had to ask Tonto. she doesn't remember him popping it out in front of everybody but does recall that he sometimes wore a patch over that "eye" - so he may have already had it out.. . funny how Tonto put it though - "don't you remember he sometimes wore a pirate patch" biglaugh.gif .. . now the pirating plagiarist image fits like a glass eye in a socket - eeewww gross

Ham, I can't answer your question on where is it now. Maybe Rosie wears it like a lucky charm.. . butchaknow, if she's smart she'd stick it on her forehead - that would give her some real clout!

Edited by T-Bone

I wasn't at that meeting, but I was friends with someone who was. I remember him telling of the incident, and being all "Wow, this is so like 'Doctor' to do this". I THINK the point was to show how detailed the maker of that eye was in his work, and how we should be like that "working the WURD", yeah,yeah, sure, sure.

Still, pretty farking creepy. Would he do the same for a girlfriend who had breast implants? Come to think of it, he probably did."Looky how nice THESE babies came out, huh?"...

It's my understanding that Rosie wears the eye around her neck on a chain...sorta like Dr Strange had his magic amulet (also with an eye in it)...

There were rumors at the time that when Rosie went to Vic's funeral she had an ice cream scooper in her purse. There was some speculation that when nobody was lookin', she scooped that sucker right out of Vic's head...

I wasn't at that meeting, but I was friends with someone who was. I remember him telling of the incident, and being all "Wow, this is so like 'Doctor' to do this". I THINK the point was to show how detailed the maker of that eye was in his work, and how we should be like that "working the WURD", yeah,yeah, sure, sure.

Still, pretty farking creepy. Would he do the same for a girlfriend who had breast implants? Come to think of it, he probably did."Looky how nice THESE babies came out, huh?"...

yeah it's pretty creepy to me now - I musta been in a coma back then - don't think much phased me.. . come to think of it, I was in a coma for 12 years. Oh another detail - it wasn't a regular ol' glass eye - a whole round thing - it was just part of the eye, like what's showing when eyelid is open - guess he plugged it into some kind of cavity of what was left.

Anyway, Tonto and I were joking about "the eye sharing incident" today - she said it would have been funny if someone drew something on it with a permanent marker as we were all passing it around.Would he have noticed? I figure go for broke - replace it with a Certs breath mint - at least he couldn't give us the stink eye then.

Edited by T-Bone

Isn't that, in essence, what he did in CF&S when he showed photos of breast shapes and then added comments like, "Aren't they just beauuuuuuuutiful?" ?

Maybe this qualifies as a relic, maybe not:

In 1976, either for the Way's anniversary on Oct. 3 or for VP's b/day Dec. 31, we of the 2nd Corps (back in for another year of indoctrination) pooled our pennies and bought VP a special gift to memorialize the snow job – oh I mean the moment when God told him He would teach him the Word like it hadn't been known since the first century -- I can't believe we did this but we bought the window, frame and glass and everything, off the building in Payne, Ohio - the famous window he looked out of and "...it was snowing so hard I couldn't see those gas pumps right there." - The Way Living in Love, Elena Whiteside, pg. 181.

As far as I know it was put in the WOW Auditorium years later. Maybe it is still there...

Good grief!

Edited by penworks

For sure those bronze statues of der vatter dans der Verd.....with the Bible open.....those really are relics, but, since all the monies went through twi coffers, that was ok. Also, it was VP who was being honored. The idea of wearing a cross was ripped out of your brain just as Jesus was ripped out of twi! Such a stupid response.....they gave. When I used to look at my cross, I used to think of the one who saved me from sin.....not how he was killed. sigh.......

I remember him selling some of his pocket knife collection to do his part to raise money for the Auditorium. Those of us who bought them likely considered them religious relics. I think I did anyway. The one I have was duller than a butter knife. So much for the idea of "right cutting" with it.

I remember him selling some of his pocket knife collection to do his part to raise money for the Auditorium. Those of us who bought them likely considered them religious relics. I think I did anyway. The one I have was duller than a butter knife. So much for the idea of "right cutting" with it.

More than likely, those knives were purchased with ministry money. So, what was he actually donating? You bought a knife that was already yours. (figuratively speaking)

In 1976, either for the Way's anniversary on Oct. 3 or for VP's b/day Dec. 31, we of the 2nd Corps (back in for another year of indoctrination) pooled our pennies and bought VP a special gift to memorialize the snow job – oh I mean the moment when God told him He would teach him the Word like it hadn't been known since the first century -- I can't believe we did this but we bought the window, frame and glass and everything, off the building in Payne, Ohio - the famous window he looked out of and "...it was snowing so hard I couldn't see those gas pumps right there." - The Way Living in Love, Elena Whiteside, pg. 181.

penworks,

this reminds me of a gift in a similar capacity i was involved with. looking back the fanboy surrealistic enthusiasm i carried then towards a project of this nature now makes me want to vomit!!!!

• 2 years later...