GreaseSpot Cafe

Out of Date Information

Oakspear

ame='krys' date='13 January 2010 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1263437597' post='486095']

LOL I was actually thinking the same and agreeing with you... sorry I wasn't trying to be snotty.. They re packaged PFAL perhaps we need to address the repackaged program so to speak! Because I believe it is still the same product just with a new name and a new package and new shiny pictures so to speak.

agreed - - after the sex-harassment suit those antics were toned down....but are they still happening and we don't know about it because we're now on the outside???? dunno

After the lawsuit about the abs (was that the P@@k$r suit?) it seems they're not pressing this...at least as far as we can determine.

But I do believe that the leopard can't or won't change it's spots. They have plenty of fat to live lavishly until a whole generation of "believers" washes under the bridge and then start again. There mush be some things we can genuinely press upon to keep people aware and keep them out of that cesspool.

It might do us a world of good to increase the scope of our thinking and bring it up to the present, or near present group that doesn't seem to be drugged, or sexually deviant or any of the other past ills which most of us found so ugly. Perhaps we can find some totally honest up to date materials that we can wrap around their necks (or pick another personaol private pace of your own choosing )that we can use to choke them to death

Here's the thing...these lowlifes are living off of the abs from the 70's and 80's...

The assets of twi that they accumulated during those years are invested and returning enough for these scoundrals to retire in comfort...their present "ministry" doesn't have to grow or expand much because they are content to live off of yesteryears fat days. All they have to do is meet the IRS requirments to maintain their tax exempt organization...

Out of date?...nope...these flim flam artists are still reguritating the same old crap...at least Wierwille put on a dog and pony show...all these fakers do is keep the trains running on time.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

Here's the thing...these lowlifes are living off of the abs from the 70's and 80's...

The assets of twi that they accumulated during those years are invested and returning enough for these scoundrals to retire in comfort...their present "ministry" doesn't have to grow or expand much because they are content to live off of yesteryears fat days. All they have to do is meet the IRS requirments to maintain their tax exempt organization...

Out of date?...nope...these flim flam artists are still reguritating the same old crap...at least Wierwille put on a dog and pony show...all these fakers do is keep the trains running on time.

I know you're right about the money Groucho. Is there any way that we can take them down?

Absolutely! And they don't have that down home, mid-west, ah shucks personality to front them anymore. It looks like they really don't care about growth or numbers.

From their "About Us" page they basically come right out and say it. . . Riff Raff need not apply or don't bother unless you are serious about giving us your soul.

The Way Ministry is designed for serious Biblical students who want to discipline themselves to the Word—disciples. Not all people want that, so we are a unique group with unique offerings of service.

Wow, don't come knocking unless you are serious about selling out and BTW we are a unique little group who are the only ones that know how to teach you. It is a FACT the bible is not understood when read by others!

Lack of spiritual strength caused by neglect of the Word of God may today be attributed to the fact that the Bible is not understood when read. People have not been taught how to understand things like figures of speech, Eastern customs, what revelation truly is, and the accuracy of the Word. Our ministry provides this service and direction. For God's plan in His Word to be made known requires someone teaching it to willing students—those who want to know.

But, we just don't need that many people. . . . a few well to do lifers will keep us solvent.

Right here they are preying on people new to the bible. . . who are probably a bit lost when approaching the scriptures. Appealing to ego, you want to know don't you? You are a serious bible student right? And my favorite. . . . promising secret heretofore hidden knowledge. . . . because no one else understands it.

You want to be a disciple of the "word" don't you? Jesus? Jesus who?

Same old subtle manipulative garbage.

Edited by geisha779

The Way Ministry is designed for serious Biblical students who want to discipline themselves to the Word—disciples. Not all people want that, so we are a unique group with unique offerings of service.

Wow, don't come knocking unless you are serious about selling out and BTW we are a unique little group who are the only ones that know how to teach you. It is a FACT the bible is not understood when read by others!

Lack of spiritual strength caused by neglect of the Word of God may today be attributed to the fact that the Bible is not understood when read. People have not been taught how to understand things like figures of speech, Eastern customs, what revelation truly is, and the accuracy of the Word. Our ministry provides this service and direction. For God's plan in His Word to be made known requires someone teaching it to willing students—those who want to know.

But, we just don't need that many people. . . . a few well to do lifers will keep us solvent.

Exclusive and Elitist.......from the get-go

Tower of Babel comes to mind.

The main problem with this is what they mean by "The Word". What they mean is that which is defined by the BOD. For example, on the topic of "debt" w/r to the BOD's policies. Many people have submitted research on this topic to help them get to what the Word says about it. However, the BOD's response to the Word shared and researched is not to discipline themselves to it, but to say "we're not looking at that topic right now", and then to bring retribution against those who dared to present the Word to them.

This, of course, is the same pattern taken currently as has been taken in the past with the "adultery" topic and research. This is not out of date.

So in reality, that phrase if you're talking about the truth of the matter, should read something like the following:

"The Way Ministry is designed by a few power-mongering politicians for people who highly value absolute compliance to authority. Any resemblence of "the Word" that you come across in TWI will certainly not be from their Biblical Research department, which is non-existent, nor from the work of anyone educated in Biblical research. It will be largely plagiarized from the founder's contemporaries and dumbed down to a middle school reading level. Not all people want that so we are a 'unique' group with 'unique service offerings', with the understanding that the word 'unique' means 'dwindling'."

Edited by chockfull

I did hear from an innie(might have been a year or year and a half ago) that things were so 'sweet'. I didn't ask what that meant, but I assumed it meant there was less reproof and people weren't being kicked out or put on Leaves of absence, etc, which was they way things were when we left.

BUT the two leaders who caused us so much grief are still in, and still leaders. I wouldn't trust them as counselors or advisers, nor would I want them influencing my children.

I suspect that leaders are still to be obeyed.

BUT the two leaders who caused us so much grief are still in, and still leaders. I wouldn't trust them as counselors or advisers, nor would I want them influencing my children.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am that my kids were born after we left. In retrospect I wouldn't wish that organization on any child.

I suspect that leaders are still to be obeyed.

I suspect you are correct. Religious organizations, especially the more radical off-shoot types (not just TWI offshoots), tend toward a strict control structure.

My opinion about leaders in TWi--it was a perfect position for bullies. They knew deep inside that their behavior wouldn't fly in the real world--people would call them on it in the workplace etc. But in TWI the peasants had no voice, unless they were lucky to be related or good friends of a big wig ministry person. So if a leader made it their business to drive some poor believer out of TWI, there was no one who would question them. And the lock box kept everything nice and tidy.

I did get lucky(ha!) with the kids. Donna Martindale made a tape about child rearing and mentioned kid's bedtimes. That tape was taken like the absolute infexible Word o God in my area, so my kids quit going to fellowship since they had to be in bed early! So we only took they to the occasional fellowship or branch meeting our last couple of years IN.

"The Way Ministry is designed by a few power-mongering politicians for people who highly value absolute compliance to authority. Any resemblence of "the Word" that you come across in TWI will certainly not be from their Biblical Research department, which is non-existent, nor from the work of anyone educated in Biblical research. It will be largely plagiarized from the founder's contemporaries and dumbed down to a middle school reading level. Not all people want that so we are a 'unique' group with 'unique service offerings', with the understanding that the word 'unique' means 'dwindling'."

Yeah.....twi is laying a snare of DEPENDENCY. When the "serious bible student" heads along the twi-path riddled with bread crumbs.....would a serious bible student leave the "zion of biblical research" and set out on his own? The lords of wierwille-cultism will be sure to provide a gauntlet of hardship, intimidation, and threats of excommunication and possession to those wanting OUT.

A spiritual "Hotel California".....the song's message is never out of date.

That would imply some competence..

maybe they know enough to keep the trains wrecking on time..

:biglaugh:

Yeah.....twi is laying a snare of DEPENDENCY. When the "serious bible student" heads along the twi-path riddled with bread crumbs.....would a serious bible student leave the "zion of biblical research" and set out on his own? The lords of wierwille-cultism will be sure to provide a gauntlet of hardship, intimidation, and threats of excommunication and possession to those wanting OUT.

A spiritual "Hotel California".....the song's message is never out of date.

Dependency and GRATITUDE. . . . so far I have seen on their site. . . . they set themselves up as the unique and only place to learn how to read the bible, because it is a fact it is not understood today by anyone else. . . . . they tell people it is only for the serious. . . . and to be accepted as serious. . . . you have to be a disciple of the word.

People then become thankful to the ministry, because they were accepted as serious enough(I bet that line in the sand keeps moving). . . . and they were taught the bible like no one else anywhere. That site is loaded with really persuasive and manipulative language. Maybe they just smile now when they manipulate.

You still hear it here sometimes. . . . I'm thankful for the truth I learned in TWI.

It all makes me want to puke.

But. . . they don't commit anything to writing until they are sure. . . . except the things they have had to change.

Edited by geisha779

when I left in late 2006 it was same old, same old. unless there has been a drastic overhaul, like retraining leaders to be real pastors, then it's the same crap.

oh yeah, it IS the same crap.

I got so much bad advice, including being told to do things that were outright illegal, that it's not even funny. take the advice of anyone in a leadership position then you'd better be prepared to go to jail because they neither educated themselves regarding their legal responsibilities to their flock nor do they check to make sure they're giving advice that won't get their flock in trouble in court.

good thing I knew the part of the law that kept me out of legal trouble, but the region coordinator himself BROKE THE LAW by failing to report domestic abuse that endangered a child.

TWI's web site seems to be full of the same jargon they used 20 year ago. Phrases like 'lap into', 'labor", 'what is available', etc. are, in my opinion, still ways of being "different." Different, in their minds, makes them special. Other than better packaging and marketing, it looks the same.

As an aside, I did my best to look at everything without prejudice. However, even the styling of the them poster's artwork looks like 1992. The religious version of the The Land That Time Forgot.

JT

Over the past weeks I have seen some folks, in & out of TWI, say that our information here on GS is out of date and does not apply to the current TWI. Heck, we have heard for years that TWI has become kinder and gentler, all the "bad leaders" are gone and the "wrong doctrine" changed.

If this is so, then I personally would like to see a public from admission of this from official TWI sources. There are many people who were kicked out of TWI or driven out for reasons that may not be valid, including questioning doctrine that TWI no longer holds to or confronting leaders who have in turn been thrown out.

It's not as if I have any plans to return to TWI, but they would gain a measure of my respect for coming clean, admitting their problems and apologizing to those who they hurt.

Won't there come a time when the leadership is too far removed from vpw/lcm/rfr days to be able to make a real apology?

Won't there come a time when the leadership is too far removed from vpw/lcm/rfr days to be able to make a real apology?

Oh, they can always do what VP did and put their pictures up in the Founders room of the auditorium, talk about them in a historical sense as their "inspiration", plagiarize their work, and do whatever they d@mn well please. They've always been good at spin doctoring the bad out of anything. And the Stepford mansion will have a whole new round of robot recruits.