GreaseSpot Cafe

All dressed up....the staff wait for the people

skyrider

All dressed up.........and waiting.

The Sunday teacher has practiced reading his sermon, way prod is ready to perform, the ushers are at their stations and the greeters are at the doors........WAITING FOR THE PEOPLE.

Hmmmmmmmmm.......where is everybody?

The Prevailing Word Auditorium seats around 1,440 or thereabouts. The bookstore is stocked with updated hardback copies of the pfal series and coloring books. The brass rails have been polished and the lobby music is playing the Singing Ladies latest tunes. Where are the people?

The grass near the entrance has been manicured to perfection. The flower beds have colorful blooms. The parking lot is freshly painted and the Safety Department's SUV is at the intersection. Where are the people?

The turbulent years of Martindale's reign are over.

The verbal abuse and vicious attacks have subsided.

The sexual lawsuits were settled in out-of-court settlements.

The WAP class has dialed back some of the homosexual onslaughts.

Rosalie is in charge now......and twi is "kinder, gentler." Really.

The top-down control is stronger than ever.....but its not the Catholic church.

The legalism drips from the bus schedules and mandates, but the staff is all smiles.

The debt policy is still in place and no leadership can purchase homes with a mortgage.

The corps are instructed to help micro-manage their people, just like Rosalie says.

Can't the people see the love?

Why don't the people come on Sunday and see where their money is being spent?

Why don't the people come and sit in the auditorium and relish in its beauty?

Why don't the people come and spend a wonderful sunday with God's household?

Why don't the people come ??

<_<

Well, that sure is a good questions. When I read my notes at a service I taught....this is what the audience looked like....

boringlecture.jpg

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

The hot dry air ripped across Rosie's face as the wind whistled around the auditorium's corner. She covered her eyes to shield them from the sand that caused rivulets of tears to flow down her cheeks, further parching her dehydrated flesh. She almost stumbled as tumbleweed bounced of her shin, tearing her nylons and leaving a moist red stain that rapidly dried to a rusty, crusty scab.

"How much longer" she wondered, "will people believe this is a fruitful garden?"

She has been preparing for this her whole life, preparing for the day when even the most die-hard Wayfer will feel the disease, their emaciated flesh bearing witness to the ministry that transformed fruitful Ohio farmland to a wasteland of broken dreams, ruined lives, and wicked lies.

"Here come the few, the emaciated", she thought. They stumbled into the auditorium even as the desert wind almost toppled their weakened flesh, stumbling, fighting for balance with their weakened legs. Brushing the sand off their face felt rough and it chaffed their skin, the sand formed rough, abrasive gobules as it mixed on their sweaty brow, leaving behind deeply scratched skin and dark crusty smears.

Looking about, their consciences screamed as they continue to see what they were told to see, a rich fruitful garden. Thoughts flitted across their minds like ethereal moths as, "This is NO GARDEN!" Always on the edge of their perception, never quite coming into concretion, the delusion still driving them into the maw.

Rosie looks on, wondering, how long will the conditioning last? How long before we loose another family, another life, another sucker!? Their are so few left she noted, but before a frown could betray her true thoughts a smile engulfed her dry, cracked countenance exposing her sharp, discolored canines as she remembered, "WE STILL HAVE OUR MILLIONS!"

(Added in the editing function)

Hey Skyrider, I like the thread and felt inspired. :B) If you prefer I will move or delete my post with no regret. I think I can get back later today.

Edited by JeffSjo

Why don't the people come on Sunday and see where their money is being spent?

Why don't the people come and sit in the auditorium and relish in its beauty?

Why don't the people come and spend a wonderful sunday with God's household?

<_<

For many.......

They shun oppression.....and going to HQ only puts another heaping on their plate.

They loathe hypocrisy....and going to HQ simply spotlights it once again.

They crave freedom.......and going to HQ brings bondage front and center again.

They love to be loved....and going to HQ and parking their bvtt in a seat doesn't do it.

Twi is insanity.......doing the same thing over and over and over again.

:evildenk:

Welcome to the Way International! Come in, sit down...there are no strangers at the Way...only friends we haven't met yet...

...Oh wait a minute...things have changed a bit. Actually, there ARE strangers at the Way...and they are not welcome. Even though we have the "rightly divided word", we will make it next to impossible for any outsiders to come and listen. This is not like church where we welcome visitors...this is a CLOSED CORPORATION...where we wallow in our 54 million dollars and laugh all the way to the bank...but we are the true "remnant"...we are the household of God! We are the people who lie and deceive and use others and lord over as many as we can...and live off the money of yesteryear...we glory in our decadence...

...we are the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.

• Upvote 1

I plan to never ever find myself in New Knoxville or Ohio ever ever again. Amen and amen.

(Positive confession of belief yields positive receipt of confession positively, or some BS like that....)

Tell me this...

If I were to just show up for SNS, would they let me in? Do they check your Bible for notes in Ephesians? Or would security cuff me and toss me in the Way Woods for a couple of days?

Silly you, Jim,...... ...why,.... you'd be a GreaseSpot by midnight if you even tried to get in. Hey maybe you'd get blessed by a Bless Patrol -- "security" does sound a little harsh there, don't'cha know...?

Hey, Gen-2 welcome back. I was wondering what happened to you.

(Now that I think about it, Mister P-mosh has been missing for while, too.)

It occurs to me that if someone gets hit by a bus, none of their online friends would ever know about it.

I've always been a worrier. I got it from my mother.

Well, people are just too encumbered with worldly matters, like careers and mortgage payments to put God first and move DA WURD! :biglaugh:

So, in da mean time we will keep putting on God's best for those dat wanna know. :rolleyes:

Well, people are just too encumbered with worldly matters, like careers and mortgage payments to put God first and move DA WURD! :biglaugh:

So, in da mean time we will keep putting on God's best for those dat wanna know. :rolleyes:

The innies are too encumbered with worldly matters going to local fellowships 3X a week, raising kids, attending school activities, careers, and family.....to drive 250 miles to twi's sunday service and listen to a boring teaching, of which, the cassette tape will arrive on Wednesday anyways.

Cultish worship of a spiritually bankrupt twi is a 'Thelma and Louise' wild ride...

:smilie_kool_aid:

The innies are too encumbered with worldly matters going to local fellowships 3X a week, raising kids, attending school activities, careers, and family.....to drive 250 miles to twi's sunday service and listen to a boring teaching, of which, the cassette tape will arrive on Wednesday anyways.

Cultish worship of a spiritually bankrupt twi is a 'Thelma and Louise' wild ride...

smilie_kool_aid.gif

OK I just want you all to know that if you ask me to hold your beer later I am going to drink it.

We only went once. I can't even remember what it was for - not a SNS - too far away to drive there and back. I was amazed at the size of the building for the area. When I walked into that auditorium and saw all those people in really bad blue suits and ill fitting clothes polishing brass and glass as if there was nothing better to do, I just thought "What in the heck were they thinking when they put all this in here?" And the looks on their faces. I halfway expected someone to slip me a note telling me they were being held against their will. I wasn't getting a more than conquerors vibe. It was more like I've been conquered. I found the whole experience very disturbing.

And the looks on their faces. I halfway expected someone to slip me a note telling me they were being held against their will. I wasn't getting a more than conquerors vibe. It was more like I've been conquered. I found the whole experience very disturbing.

Ha! That's because the staffers mostly fill the place and they are REQUIRED to be there. They call it "strongly encouraged" in the staff handbook, BUT they have to check a attendance sheet on Monday mornings in their departments. The attendance sheet is turned in to the cabinet coordinator who sends them to their director who sends them to Queen Rosalie herself. If a person does not go they are confronted. An example would be "Why wouldn't you want to go hear God's Word?"

People in the fortune cookie factory are not permitted to write on the little scrips,..... yanno?

Otherwise, you would just upset the whole apple-cart....

YOUR Fortune:

"... Help I'm being held prisoner in a fortune cookie factory"

Message in a Bottle anyone?

Ha! That's because the staffers mostly fill the place and they are REQUIRED to be there. They call it "strongly encouraged" in the staff handbook, BUT they have to check a attendance sheet on Monday mornings in their departments. The attendance sheet is turned in to the cabinet coordinator who sends them to their director who sends them to Queen Rosalie herself. If a person does not go they are confronted. An example would be "Why wouldn't you want to go hear God's Word?"

Do they let the ushers have a seat? I mean,.... there's plenty of them. It sort of makes my brain hurt to think about it - while making me smile at the same time,... weird feeling really.

heh,... (edited to add) can you say to an usher,... "I'd like to sit in the back-row, please?!"

Edited by Gen-2

heh,... (edited to add) can you say to an usher,... "I'd like to sit in the back-row, please?!"

Lol.. Yeah, you could say that if you don't mind being taken to the side, given a quick face melting, and then forced to either quietly accept that you were an idiot for wanting to sit back there, or maybe for once had a revelation that they really don't care what you want.. Sit in the back row.. ha, please!

[Only the "priviledged" sit in the back row, you are not one of them. Peons must sit as far forward as possible with no empty seats in between. Move along now.. Moooo... ]

Edited by TrustAndObey

Another Sunday service..........going thru the motions, the 'bless-yous' and fake smiles.

But really....every empty seat is a glaring reminder that twi is DYING OUT.

..............every empty seat gives testimony that twi is just ANOTHER RELIGION.

..............every empty seat is a clanging cymbal where unconditional loves should reside.

..............every empty seat could have been filled TWICE (1440 x 2) by corps who exited twi.

Even the elitist among them must sometimes wonder......why don't the people come?

<_<