GreaseSpot Cafe

All dressed up....the staff wait for the people

skyrider

In odd moments, I sometimes find myself wondering what would happen if I found myself in NK (passing through as a tourist, say) and decided to attend one of the "church" services ... or even just go through the grounds (do they still have that sign up saying Everyone Welcome at The Way"? ...if I said I'd bumped into someone in (say) Dayton who'd told me about this great place to visit where I could hear the Bible taught, and I wanted to hear.

I doubt there'd be anybody there who would recognize me (we've all got older, maybe grayer, maybe fatter or thinner).

I wonder how long it would be before I was ejected?

Not that I'd ever waste my hard-earned money passing through NK to find out.

I wonder how the "rank and file" follower feels about being eyed over by a goon packing heat..

or do they even know? If so.. do they consider it a "necessary evil" to "protect" them from whatever *it* is..?

People in the fortune cookie factory are not permitted to write on the little scrips,..... yanno?

Otherwise, you would just upset the whole apple-cart....

YOUR Fortune:

"... Help I'm being held prisoner in a fortune cookie factory"

. . .

I opened a fortune cookie at a Chinese food place near HQ . . . . it said: "You are the chosen one" . . .

. . . can't be a good thing . . .

Ha! That's because the staffers mostly fill the place and they are REQUIRED to be there. They call it "strongly encouraged" in the staff handbook, BUT they have to check a attendance sheet on Monday mornings in their departments. The attendance sheet is turned in to the cabinet coordinator who sends them to their director who sends them to Queen Rosalie herself. If a person does not go they are confronted. An example would be "Why wouldn't you want to go hear God's Word?"

or you have to listen to the tape by Friday . . . or be listening on the radio

I wonder how the "rank and file" follower feels about being eyed over by a goon packing heat..

or do they even know? If so.. do they consider it a "necessary evil" to "protect" them from whatever *it* is..?

"rank and file" fear teenagers with paintball guns . . . maybe it's the lead content

Well if they told me "He only uses it to shoot devil spirits" ... I don't think I'd feel a great deal of comfort. Though I might wonder if he uses a can of Bug Spray to hunt deer. Handguns are really only good at kiling people at relatively short range. Is that something he lives for every Sunday?

Well if they told me "He only uses it to shoot devil spirits" ... I don't think I'd feel a great deal of comfort. Though I might wonder if he uses a can of Bug Spray to hunt deer. Handguns are really only good at kiling people at relatively short range. Is that something he lives for every Sunday?

you can't shoot devil spurts. . . Linder can remove them from their host . . . but the losers don't renew their minds . . . so the spurts just keep jumping back in . . . and they'll just come back at 2 am on a Wednesday.

you can't shoot devil spurts. . . Linder can remove them from their host . . . but the losers don't renew their minds . . . so the spurts just keep jumping back in . . . and they'll just come back at 2 am on a Wednesday.

Which brings up a really good, off topic, point. If these spiritual heavy weights who are fully instructed and ministers of the Lord Jesus Christ are so damn in tune with doing the works of Jesus Christ....why don't they cast out the spirits. Jesus never had any trouble and he didn't refuse anyone. He even healed the gentile woman's daughter. I guess there aren't any willing recipients that have the believing for such things. :rolleyes:

If these spiritual heavy weights who are fully instructed and ministers of the Lord Jesus Christ are so damn in tune with doing the works of Jesus Christ....why don't they cast out the spirits.

Because, like Bolski said, they'll just jump right back in if you don't renerw your mind. And, they'll bring more of their pals along with them, too.

Good Golly! You really shoulda paid more attention in the AC.

:P

Edited by waysider

Can't be for the pay.. or can it..

they don't "need" the money.. thats not it. Its power.. on a very very insignificant small quarter of a square of a mile over the very *few* who happen to be chosen, and choose to submit to it..

yeah, they come from afar for the "privilege"..

Because, like Bolski said, they'll just jump right back in if you don't renerw your mind. And, they'll bring more of their pals along with them, too.

Good Golly! You really shoulda paid more attention in the AC.

:P

Uwww....ya, I did find myself falling asleep through large portions of it. :yawn1: It's proven to be the most expensive nap to date. :sleep1:

Can't be for the pay.. or can it..

they don't "need" the money.. thats not it. Its power.. on a very very insignificant small quarter of a square of a mile over the very *few* who happen to be chosen, and choose to submit to it..

yeah, they come from afar for the "privilege"..

The few, the proud, the duped!

...The few, the proud, the duped!

Don't even go there...!

I'm a former Marine, or as they say - "Once a Marine, always a Marine"

...not that I don't enjoy a joke,... but I had to say that.

On the other hand they told my company at Paris Island,...

"This is where we seperate the men from the boys."

Laughing got me in trouble... go figure!

Don't even go there...!

I'm a former Marine, or as they say - "Once a Marine, always a Marine"

...not that I don't enjoy a joke,... but I had to say that.

On the other hand they told my company at Paris Island,...

"This is where we seperate the men from the boys."

Laughing got me in trouble... go figure!

Ya, my sense of humor tends to get me in trouble too. My wife and I are made (or deserve) each other cause we tend to be on the same wave length most days.

Disclaimer: Any and all material posted on Grease Spot Cafe forums by Old Skool are not necessarily the opinion of Grease spot. Any offence to the Army, Navy, Air Force, and most importantly the Marines shall in no way reflect Grease Spot's views on said topics. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all view expressed by Old Skool may be offensive to some, though not intended as an affront in any to any branches of the U.S. Armed services. However, the French Foreign Legion is not excluded due to international copypatent laws.

Tell me this...

If I were to just show up for SNS, would they let me in? Do they check your Bible for notes in Ephesians? Or would security cuff me and toss me in the Way Woods for a couple of days?

At one point, you had to be in good standing. There was a guest book where folks without name tags were herded. You had to write your state, TC, etc. Not sure if that's in place but I'm sure it's not done to make you feel important.

JT

At one point, you had to be in good standing. There was a guest book where folks without name tags were herded. You had to write your state, TC, etc. Not sure if that's in place but I'm sure it's not done to make you feel important.

JT

last time I went it was the same way... Would have been five years ago.

JT

Bet there aren't too many new names week from week.

Don't think someone might not say something like that.

Among the many, many moronic things l craig martindale said from the podium was

to say that there was a certain sound that scared "devil-spirits",

and he demonstrated what it was by audibly cocking a gun.

He never explained why a solid weapon would concern an incorporeal being,

but that was ALSO typical of lcm's time with the microphone.

"I can say any fool thing I want and you have to accept it and follow me blindly

because I'm in charge."

Don't think that's an exaggeration. One poster here, when asked to swear allegiance

to lcm whom he'd known personally, phoned him and asked him if this was what it sounded

like- a call to follow him BLINDLY.

lcm replied that (according to lcm) this was what he'd been doing all along.

lcm did NOT get the response he expected, somehow.

The poster told him "If that's what you think, you can kiss my @$$"

and hung up on him, which was the last he ever heard from twi.

This person is my hero.

The automated curse censor changed the wording at one point (a certain word synonymous with "donkey"

gets changed to "foot" like certain other words get substituted.)

However, I saw it "in the original" and that's what it said.

Out There said it....

It's a bit harder to take someone you've worked alongside, who's seen you do many boneheaded

things, played the fool, and in general been a lousy leader when the cameras are off,

and then tell them you're the Great And Powerful Oz and get it to stick.

They've seen the man behind the curtain already.

Ham,

So you are assuming they are engaged in critical thinking about their own ministry? Ummm...it might happen but...

JT

He never explained why a solid weapon would concern an incorporeal being,

I heard him say something similar. His reasoning was it took time for a devil spirit to cultivate a home so wouldn't want to lose it. A murder spirit was his example, I think. If one believes TWI's view on possession, it's a reasonable thing to think.

JT

I would imagine that a devil spirit that has access to the senses world through a host has a valuable thing going, on and has some prestige accorded him/it in it's own little circles. The loss of such a host is a thing to be wary of. after all, you cannot invite all your host-less buds over if you've lost your home,.... eh?

Oh there may be something to that

but yanno,... there are so many good homes for sale over there,.... It's a Buyers market!

I heard him say something similar. His reasoning was it took time for a devil spirit to cultivate a home so wouldn't want to lose it. A murder spirit was his example, I think. If one believes TWI's view on possession, it's a reasonable thing to think.

JT

This is from the Advanced Class. I have it in my notes on page 18 where VPW talks about how possession runs in families. He said it takes a spirit of murder a long time to seek out and indoctrinate a fitting host. That was also his rationale for why depression, alcoholism, etc. seem to have familial connections. Come to think of it, VP, Harry and Don all died from cancer, another malady he claimed was caused by devil spirit possession.

Actually, when you think about it, that was probably his way to try and discourage any of the husbands of the women he committed adultery with from coming after him and stretching out his sorry hide.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Way International! Come in, sit down...there are no strangers at the Way...only friends we haven't met yet...

...Oh wait a minute...things have changed a bit. Actually, there ARE strangers at the Way...and they are not welcome. Even though we have the "rightly divided word", we will make it next to impossible for any outsiders to come and listen. This is not like church where we welcome visitors...this is a CLOSED CORPORATION...where we wallow in our 54 million dollars and laugh all the way to the bank...but we are the true "remnant"...we are the household of God! We are the people who lie and deceive and use others and lord over as many as we can...and live off the money of yesteryear...we glory in our decadence...

...we are the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.

I was thinking the same thing!

• 4 months later...