GreaseSpot Cafe

Word Over The World Ambassadors on FB

Rejoice

Saw this on Facebook; people reminiscing about their years, locations, and photos. Many said it was the best time of their lives...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Word-Over-the-World-Ambassadors-Romans-10910/164927688670#!/pages/Word-Over-the-World-Ambassadors-Romans-10910/164927688670?v=wall

Here's a nice jewel, when you start following the links.

http://we.standfortruth.us/Epistles.Lit.Trans/

and another

http://we.standfortruth.us/Dr.VPW.texts/

Here's a nice jewel, when you start following the links.

http://we.standfortruth.us/Epistles.Lit.Trans/

and another

http://we.standfortruth.us/Dr.VPW.texts/

Isn't it always interesting how much of the "literal translations according to usage"

often match, word for word, with the same verse in the Amplified Bible?

That always fascinates me.

One might think that these "results" of vpw's "research" were plagiarized directly

from the Amplified Bible....

Isn't it always interesting how much of the "literal translations according to usage"

often match, word for word, with the same verse in the Amplified Bible?

That always fascinates me.

One might think that these "results" of vpw's "research" were plagiarized directly

from the Amplified Bible....

I have never compared the two. Just wondered what good the "literals" are.

But now I have to go compare the two. Apparently, Wierwille's Pike's Peak Seminary "doctorates" degree failed to teach him how to cite references. Curious, no? :rolleyes:

My WOW year ranks in the top 2 worst years years of my life. I did make some great lifelong friends there, though. And most of my team is not involved anymore... I can think of two that are still in, and one of those is a maybe.

And at least one of my WOW team is a regular at the cafe'.... (but he doesn't know I'm me.) evilshades.gif 'Cuz I'm incognito.evilshades.gif

**edited because nothing I said made much sense except the first sentence... damn those pronouns.

Edited by JavaJane

I have to believe there are ex followers of The Peoples Temple who could tell you about good times they had back in "the good old days". But look where it all led. Likewise, I'm sure people from the various Way programs can recall events and experiences that were pleasant. I know I can think of quite a few. What bothers me, though, is knowing that we were unwittingly being used for deviant purposes.

The bottom line is that Wierwille used us as an unpaid sales force to hawk his wares. And they were ultimately proven to be faulty wares, to boot.

I guess it's just easier to remember how much fun it was to race down the freeway at 100 miles an hour with the wind in your hair than to think about the tortuous agony of the family in the car that crashed and burned when you ran it off the road.

• Upvote 1

The Way International is a financial Life support system used by those few at the top who are either too lazy or too ignorant to do anything more than be FED by others. Those who dedicate themselves to it, and figure that out -- if they have any sense,... leave! Those who can't, teach, and hope to score big in the Lucky Love Lotto, and sit in a pile of ABS one day.

I never went WOW, went Wayd as part of the right of passage of growing up a wayfer . . . we went WOW now you go . . . just wanted say I hated it . . .99.9999% of it. . . still ain't lost the weight I gained going . . .

uh oh . . . just saw a wayfer walk by . . . oh no he's coming back . . .

*hisses*

Considering the copyright notice on the "literal translations".. I wonder how long it will remain up on the web now..

Oh, it doesn't really matter to me. I downloaded them and, now that I can search via computer, will have comments. The damage is done.

I think, at some point, one needs to come to grips with the reality that it was the program, itself (whichever one you were involved with) that was corrupt at it's core.

I went WOW twice, and both years were pretty much a letdown. The ROA was great at stirring up emotions, and so you'd leave HQ with a real emotional high, only to be let down as time passed, things became routine, and you realized that people are just people--not superhumans, yourself included.

I heard from someone that Way D is the brainchild of a conversation between the Forehead and T_m L_lly on the deck of the chalet where they were trying to come up with a program to replace WOW but wanted for it to have "teeth" in it, wanted for it to be tough for people. Doesn't all really good revelation come from wishing for tough times on God's people? More corruptness.

Thanks maybe I will find some old friends. Then I will direct them to Facebook group

called "Cults" to enlighten them on the Darker side of The Way International.

Maybe some of these people went Wow and then went back to a normal life after that.

I heard from someone that Way D is the brainchild of a conversation between the Forehead and T_m L_lly on the deck of the chalet where they were trying to come up with a program to replace WOW but wanted for it to have "teeth" in it, wanted for it to be tough for people. Doesn't all really good revelation come from wishing for tough times on God's people? More corruptness.

Not sure of your source, but Lally was my region coordinator and told us way disciples of group 5 the very same thing at a Sunday brunch when the program was over. So I hear it first hand, straight from the horses a$$....uhh...I mean mouth....ya.....that's what I meant.... :biglaugh:

I'm just wondering how long it will take twi to sick the lawyers on whoever it is who posted it.. That's about all twi is good at anymore..

:biglaugh:

And the irony....the person who did it is likely an innie who gives money. They pay their lawyers with money that was given. just saying.

yep.. well.. considering the RHST was sixth edition.. the last one was seventh, wasn't it?

Then there's probably the "new prevailing" edition issued by rosie.. or did she just reprint the studies in abundant(?) living(?) series?

looks like somebody spent a LOT of time doing this..

yep.. well.. considering the RHST was sixth edition.. the last one was seventh, wasn't it?

Then there's probably the "new prevailing" edition issued by rosie.. or did she just reprint the studies in abundant(?) living(?) series?

looks like somebody spent a LOT of time doing this..

R.H.S.T. today was, I think, 9th...but please don't quote me on that. All of the prevailing word word editions of the collaterals were edited. I do not know what was changed, but I do know they were edited in their entirety.

R.H.S.T. today was, I think, 9th...but please don't quote me on that. All of the prevailing word word editions of the collaterals were edited. I do not know what was changed, but I do know they were edited in their entirety.

Yes,.... the ever present - Present truth - is - after all: ever-present. .......Yanno?