GreaseSpot Cafe

Speaking up in the kinder and gentler way international

OldSkool

RosaLIE likes to portray herself as the great saviour that God sent to heal the hearts of those in the way international. Kinder and gentler supposedly is she. Just watch the k-nines. Anyways.

She has told people on so many occasions to speak up. That her door is open and come talk, blah.

Anyhow, a couple years ago there was a member of the president's cabinet who was younger and had quite a few grievances with HQ, the way ministry, and things he had learned since going on the cabinet. Now, he spent a couple years griping with Br1@n Moneyhands, who shares his grievances and then some, except takes the approach that Rosie is old and will die off soon.

So, the cabinet person came to his senses one day and decided to speak up. He spent weeks counseling with Rosie. Talking things over only to be told that the ministry will never change from how it is done now. (Which could be said - second verse same as the first - not much has changed in other words)

Well, this person had a decision to make. Buckle under RosaLIE and accept the hypocrisy or move on himself. He did the latter only to become an outcast during his remaining time in the area. They were treated HORRIBLY by their supposed "brothers and sisters" in the way international! They have moved on to greener pastures now and I will refrain from further details out of respect for their privacy. But I wanted to make sure their story is told, at least in part.

Perhaps some of you "young up and comings" will take the time to read the road signs before you go thinking you can change the way ministry. Go ahead and tell yourself things like "you have to be in it to win it" or "we are the future of the ministry" or whatever lame cliche you can come up with.

Rozilla has taken great pains to cast in concrete the current way international and she has promoted YES men (or Yes Ma'ams) who believe she is the woman of God. They believe in the way things are done now and you will not change it. Do yourself a favor and don't waste the best years of your life trying to re-shape a cult.

That which is crooked cannot be made straight.

Don't you get it? VeePee installed Craig who nearly wrecked the joint. They have made sure that one person will not be able to come in and change it all to suit their whim ever again.

Guest Balanced

OldSkool,

That is a terrible situation that person dealt with and I'm glad you shared part of the story.

I dealt with a situation on Staff where I wasn't being nosy just curious out of love and respect (my heart was right) and I got an earful. I learned quickly, never speak up or ask any personal questions especially about leadership. It was sad and I should've ran for the hills after that but didn't. I stayed and once I left had relief and don't want anything to do with those individuals involved again.

The appearance of kinder and gentler but once you are close then you will see what the truth is. Nothing is going to change if no one speaks up and no one will speak up if they get "shot" down. It's a cycle that doesn't lead to kinder and gentler.

Balanced

Thanks for posting your story Balanced. Goes to show that the encouragement to speak up is little more than more mindless drivel designed to help keep the sepulcher whited.

Why should Rosalie and TWI encourage "speaking up?"

hmmmmmm?

I have a couple of reasons I can think of... (and please pardon my conspiracy thinking on the subject - my brain has been wired this way after almost two decades of living in the environment of a controlling CULT...)

How could encouraging "speaking up" and "questioning" in The Way International further the purposes of Rosalie and TWI?

1. By encouraging "speaking up" and "questioning" The Way International and Rosalie engender trust amoung new people and the rank and file believer. Have a question, new person? Well, ask away! We'll answer all your questions... see, you can trust us! Answer the easy questions, gain a little more trust... soon people don't even bother questioning because they believe the leadership and the ministry they fellowship with. They have become THE authority on the Bible and God. And since they are THE authority on the Bible and God, people don't feel the need to have questions anymore... the trust has been built. This keeps the money flowing in - through classes and tithes and abundant sharing. BUT, the all important APPEARANCE that speaking up and questioning are ENCOURAGED is still intact, even though the questions don't even come into people's minds much anymore. Too long on this track of thinking, and TWI takes the place of the Bible and God... it's all based on TRUST.

2. By encouraging "speaking up" and "questioning" The Way International and Rosalie easily identify and remove those that would cause others to question. Sounds like your friend is in this category, OldSkool. Your friend had enough independent thought to begin to question the methods of TWI and Rosalie... And since he still didn't buy the lies he was marked out as a "troublemaker" who didn't trust TWI. (Remember, TWI by this point has replaced God by "representing" Him through being THE authority on God/The Bible.) Your friend couldn't be trusted. I mean, why in the world would you WANT to not trust GOD, who set up the "powers that be" within the body? Well, if you can't trust God, then most believers don't think they can trust YOU... and so the questioner who speaks up becomes shunned. This is pretty handy for Rosalie and her lap-dogs... because now no one will be contaminated by the independent thought of the questioner who spoke up.

All in all, it's a pretty neat trick they have going for them. Not sure if they planned it that way, but it is sure how it works. I know, because I have been the one who trusted (#1) so much that I shunned my own family - thought they were evil and that they would contaminate my walk with God. How far from the truth that was! Then later I began questioning and speaking up myself... and I found out about #2.

*edited for grammar.

Edited by JavaJane
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for posting your story Balanced. Goes to show that the encouragement to speak up is little more than more mindless drivel designed to help keep the sepulcher whited.

I hear you, but at the same time i think a lot of those encouraging "speaking up" are privately hoping someone actually will. They lack the courage to stand up and hope someone else will do the job. Sadly when someone does speak up, and they are ostrasized, these same people praying for a reformer label the whistle blower a cop out.

All in all, it's a pretty neat trick they have going for them. Not sure if they planned it that way, but it is sure how it works. I know, because I have been the one who trusted (#1) so much that I shunned my own family - thought they were evil and that they would contaminate my walk with God. How far from the truth that was! Then later I began questioning and speaking up myself... and I found out about #2.

Excellent analysis as usual.

Why should Rosalie and TWI encourage "speaking up?"

hmmmmmm?

I have a couple of reasons I can think of... (and please pardon my conspiracy thinking on the subject - my brain has been wired this way after almost two decades of living in the environment of a controlling CULT...)

How could encouraging "speaking up" and "questioning" in The Way International further the purposes of Rosalie and TWI?

1. By encouraging "speaking up" and "questioning" The Way International and Rosalie engender trust amoung new people and the rank and file believer.

<snip>

2. By encouraging "speaking up" and "questioning" The Way International and Rosalie easily identify and remove those that would cause others to question.

<snip>

And......that's why GOOD PEOPLE are labeled 'disgruntled and possessed' overnight by twi.

There is NO middle ground anymore. The internet has exposed twi from A-Z (adultery ---> zealot elitism) and the gig is up. Only the financial squirreling away of millions helps to mask the thin veneer of 'christianity' in visiting twi's hq and sunday services.

As the corps and staff CONTINUE TO LEAVE.....the con doesn't work anymore. Pathetic numbers in outreach and corps sign-ups are the proverbial 'canary in the coal mine.'

:anim-smile:

Excellent analysis as usual.

Thanks, shorty!

It just amazes me how clear it all is in hindsight... now, when I was in the middle of it, I was the biggest TWI promoter Rosalie could want! And how embarassing that is, looking back... asdf.gifdoh.gif I wonder if they miss me?? Hopefully I am doing some damage nowadays to make up for the people I "won to the Word!" Most of those are out now, but a couple are still in, and that makes me sad. I pray that every post I make here helps steer some other God-seeking, good hearted person away from TWI and takes a little more money out of Rosie's pockets.

Yeah.

Speaking up under Rosalie's regime is no different than speaking up under a Communist dictator regime.

In both cases, it is a perfect front to identify and label dissidents.

In a Communist regime, they are murdered. In Rosalie's regime, their character is murdered, they end up leaving on their own or placed on 'spiritual probation' by Rosalie.

I know many stories and records of people in these categories.

There never was (IMO)

I suppose you're right....

Though I do have a soft spot for some of those kind, caring staffers in the early 70s.....you know, the kitchen staff who would just tell us to open the frig in the BRC basement and make a sandwich late at night. Others too who really had a heart to serve.

I guess I must have been lucky somehow or I didn't stick around long enough either time to get my self in trouble. In the '70's I had a habit of asking questions and disagreeing with at least the local leadership. Sometimes I even saw things change. When I came back briefly in 1989 - 90, one of my first actions was to write a letter to LCM about his language and the lack of love I found at Headquarters and how people kept talking about it but it didn't look like anyone really did it. (I heard the Corp and staff got yelled at about this - Sorry) Then I heard about the Atheles of the spirit and wrote another letter to LCM telling him it made no sense and went against all the principles in PFAL.

That was the only one that got a response. The Limb Leader called me and offered to explain it to me, he did and I told him, it still didn't make sense. I left shortly after, not because of trouble, I actually found the local group pretty good, just putting up with stuff they shouldn't have and following doctrines that were just wrong. For the record I met that Limb Leader again not to long after he left TWI a few years later and asked him if he remembered me. I found his response sad, but flattering. "Yeah, your the guy I should have listened to."

But I have heard horror stories, and from what I gather it hasn't really changed, it's just more subtile.

I suppose you're right....

Though I do have a soft spot for some of those kind, caring staffers in the early 70s.....you know, the kitchen staff who would just tell us to open the frig in the BRC basement and make a sandwich late at night. Others too who really had a heart to serve.

I knew some great people who had the life smashed out of them.

Hopefully I am doing some damage nowadays to make up for the people I "won to the Word!" Most of those are out now, but a couple are still in, and that makes me sad. I pray that every post I make here helps steer some other God-seeking, good hearted person away from TWI and takes a little more money out of Rosie's pockets.

Yeah, there are some folks I hope to find some day to apologize to for bringing them into the grip of TWI. Lucky for me, most all of them saw through the facade rather quickly and never suffered like we did.

Oakspear and I both pointed out errors in the teachings and were constantly pointing out the hypocrisy and contradictions. We were trouble makers in our areas. They thought I was a headache BEFORE they discovered I was insurgent. :evilshades: Back then there were people who were afraid to talk to me for fear of being labeled a troublemaker with me - others sought me out to hear what I thought, but were too scared to agree with me openly.

She has told people on so many occasions to speak up. That her door is open and come talk,

Is that some sort of bizarre joke? Is She serious??

What exactly have we been doing at Greasespot for 10 plus years but speaking up????

Neither she nor any of her underlings have ever been here to he best of my knowledge to answer, respond, listen to or consider any of the innumerable valid points that have been discussed over the years.

Open door my *foot*

Just about every other denomination or christian group that Ive ever run into, no matter how bizarre or how mainstream is not afraid to interact, not only with their own, but also with the outside real world....just about all have an 'open door' to open discussion with their communities and interested parties--- excepting the most extreme, insular and cultish.

Is that some sort of bizarre joke? Is She serious??

Bizarre joke? - no. Serious? I don't think so. It's all smoke and mirrors.

What exactly have we been doing at Greasespot for 10 plus years but speaking up????

Well, to them GreaseSpot is full of devil spirits. End of story.

Neither she nor any of her underlings have ever been here to he best of my knowledge to answer, respond, listen to or consider any of the innumerable valid points that have been discussed over the years.

And you will not see them either. Rosalie still has a problem with computers. She does not like them. I would liken it to someone being pi$$3d at the light bulb, all the while thinking oil lamps are better. Social networking is totally lost on them. What they once were they will continue to be until our culture demands the change. Moving the STS from cassette tape / VCR to CD / DVD formats comes to mind as an example.

Just about every other denomination or christian group that Ive ever run into, no matter how bizarre or how mainstream is not afraid to interact, not only with their own, but also with the outside real world....just about all have an 'open door' to open discussion with their communities and interested parties--- excepting the most extreme, insular and cultish.

Ah! the way international wins the prize then. I was told once by someone close to RosaLIE that she considers the internet mostly filled with filthy communication. So us detractors are handled the same as always for these bozos. We are possessed. :smilie_kool_aid:

Well, to them GreaseSpot is full of devil spirits. End of story
We are possessed.

Im no expert in the field of communications, but I dont think it could be categorized as an 'open door policy' or 'open communication if people who disagree are considered demon spirits from hell. :biglaugh:

Thats just my opinion. I know Im not the WOGFODAT --but still.

My business brings me into contact with clergy of all stripes, sometimes Bishops, Cardinals or other higher ups--and I have found generally that they all generally are not afraid to listen and respond considerately and respectfully to all sorts of issues that I may engage them with and Im NOT even a memeber of any of these groups.

To say she has an open door policy when she wont even speak to her own--never mind the outside world ---is a strange and complete bastardization of words

TWI (and offshoots) have a pretty broad definition of what possessed looks like. It's usually something only the person saying it can see. It usually has something to do with disagreeing. I sincerely doubt if any one of them (who said it) ever saw someone who was possessed, or they wouldn't throw the term around so easily.

Nobody said it to my face in TWI, but I did hear it often from JB at CES. When he'd say it, I'd trot upstairs and ask one of the J's or M whether they thought I was "possessed" and they'd ask why. Then I'd tell them that I disagreed with JB about something and now I'm supposedly possessed.

It was and is an empty accusation designed to frighten and control. Period. TWI (and offshoots) have no control over whether one becomes "possessed" and offers no special protection against it.

It was and is an empty accusation designed to frighten and control. Period. TWI (and offshoots) have no control over whether one becomes "possessed" and offers no special protection against it.

Yep. Ironical that Jesus cast out the spirits when he came across possessed people. In the way international they cast out the PEOPLE who are supposedly possessed, and not the "spirits." :evildenk:

TWI (and offshoots) have a pretty broad definition of what possessed looks like. It's usually something only the person saying it can see. It usually has something to do with disagreeing. I sincerely doubt if any one of them (who said it) ever saw someone who was possessed, or they wouldn't throw the term around so easily.

Nobody said it to my face in TWI, but I did hear it often from JB at CES. When he'd say it, I'd trot upstairs and ask one of the J's or M whether they thought I was "possessed" and they'd ask why. Then I'd tell them that I disagreed with JB about something and now I'm supposedly possessed.

"We've just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and -"

"Ah, of course. There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?"

"Sybill Trelawney has predicted the death of a student every year since she came to this school. None of them have died yet."

One of the most tragically comic things is reading through all the prophecy papers stuff in CES. It's like reading about a train wreck, especially when you've got the ladies going at one another - who was it KAG and someone else? It was like a "prophecy catfight" - I saw you as a snake, well I saw you as a homeless person on crack, no I saw you as a slut. Raaaarrrrr!!!!

But I mean it does preserve the idea of where it's all coming from - that type of stuff is not genuine discerning of spirits, it's politically charged vision and dreams.

In TWI, the people who are possessed are those "who don't believe in the direction the BOD is taking the ministry". Or someone blackballed by the BOD.

I mean dear precious baby Jesus on a pogo stick.

Who the F do these people think they are? Their heads are so puffed up with their own self importance it's amazing they can walk without toppling over from the weight of their huge melons.

One of the most tragically comic things is reading through all the prophecy papers stuff in CES. It's like reading about a train wreck, especially when you've got the ladies going at one another - who was it KAG and someone else? It was like a "prophecy catfight" - I saw you as a snake, well I saw you as a homeless person on crack, no I saw you as a slut. Raaaarrrrr!!!!

Who the F do these people think they are? Their heads are so puffed up with their own self importance it's amazing they can walk without toppling over from the weight of their huge melons.

Oh it's even better than that. They even had a process for what they did in the name of "God" to people. The prophecy team (or whatever they call(ed) themselves) sat around like a council and compared prophecies. Like it was something actually legitimate. Like they were somehow immune to suggestion. Then when these "findings" were presented to the person being "helped", the name of the person (or people) who "saw" all these things was not revealed. How convenient.