GreaseSpot Cafe

the way international NEEDS staff

OldSkool

Word has it that there is a big push coming to recruit new staff at the way international's headquarters. I thought this would be a good thread for former staffers to shed a little light on the subject, lend a helping hand (so to speak.) :anim-smile:

• you will be housed with others even though there is ample housing available. It's considered "training"
  • you will have to live on grounds the first three years and most likely will not be able to afford to move when it becomes "available"
  • you will be REQUIRED to attend the STS and strongly coerced to volunteer (all the departments keep STS checklists for you to check on Monday mornings and this report goes to Rosalie)
  • the pay is right around minimum wage (40 hours at time / 6 hours at time and a half for a 46 hour work week)
  • you will be treated like a novice no matter your skill level
  • you will be assigned where they "need" you - even if you are vastly over qualified
  • the insurance is a joke - extremely low lifetime maximums - it's really only good for routine visits and you will still pay 20% last I heard
  • it's very common for the way corps that have been there for many years to push the new people around and hog shared living areas in unit housing
  • the 401k is a JOKE
  • staffers work on a PTO (paid time off) system. seniority rules, as new staff expect to be at the bottom of the barrel with 40 hours of sick and vacation time your first year
  • 46 hours a week plus "volunteer" hours gets VERY old. Saturday will be your only day off and you will be hounded to "volunteer" for the service each week. They can't afford to pay people to put on the service or don't want to pay. Not sure which.
  • does it strike you funny that they CANT keep staff? Do you REALLY want to find out why?

• does it strike you funny that they CANT keep staff? Do you REALLY want to find out why?

• You’ll probably leave the ministry faster than if you were to stay on the field in your passive state.

I think you should send that to no spin Bill on fox, let Bill ask the way about this spin in love and compassion they claim they have?

Oh ya, they will promote staff by telling people about all the "advanced" training in the word they will receive. Plus you will probably how "loving" HQ is. Headquarters is cold as ice and is notorious for people not caring about others. That "advanced" training? Scrubbing toilets sound advanced to you? what about mowing the grass? running the Hobart dishwasher in food services? Housekeeping, Grounds, Foodservices are the most staffed departments.

• You’ll probably leave the ministry faster than if you were to stay on the field in your passive state.

Now that's the best benefit I've seen! Nice one, Bolshie!

Here's some others:

• If you do not attend the service, then you will be hounded by your department leadership until you can report to them that you heard the tape--because they have to give account to Rosie that all have heard it.
  • The PTO system doesn't get much better until you have been on staff for 5 years, when I think you get another week. And in addition to only a few days and requests being approved based on seniority, there's also restrictions to the number of days before and after a weekend (esp. a holiday weekend) that you can take time off.
  • You will not be required but you will be highly pressured to attend lame, boring, morning department "fellowships."
  • If you have children, they will be required to be in the day care and summer camp programs. They will also be highly pressured to "volunteer" for Sunday service responsibilities one month each year.
  • You will live in the middle of nowhere. The closest grocery store is 20 minutes away, and the closest night life is an hour away. But don't come home too late if you live in the dorm--you'll have to gain access via the night watchman, who will see you on camera and be required to take the names of all the people you're with.
  • Don't plan on having any non-ministry family come to visit you. Very strange housing arrangements for guests. Way too much red tape. Chief Housing Officer: Donna Martindale. That says it all.

Word has it that there is a big push coming to recruit new staff at the way international's headquarters.

I thought this would be a good thread for former staffers to shed a little light on the subject, lend a helping hand (so to speak.) :anim-smile:

• you will be housed with others even though there is ample housing available. It's considered "training"
  • you will have to live on grounds the first three years and most likely will not be able to afford to move when it becomes "available"
  • (snipped for brevity - - - - -)

Housed with others and forced to live on the grounds? Hmmmmmmm.

I think I found a picture of the housing. Did I get the right one? I'm not sure. ponder.gif

prison-cells.jpg

Housed with others and forced to live on the grounds? Hmmmmmmm.

I think I found a picture of the housing. Did I get the right one? I'm not sure.

Looks like founder hall - :anim-smile::eusa_clap:

And how about the lunch hour. They can't require you to attend the meal, but they can sure put the pressure on and make you feel like dirt if you don't go.

So let's add up the hours:

46 - work

5 - STS + volunteer + snack shop

5 - lunch meals

1 - lame department fellowships

57 hours a week, minimum, for somewhere between $300 and $400 per week. Now there's a deal! (for the cult, that is)

Housekeeping, Grounds, Foodservices are the most staffed departments.

Sounds like a cotton plantation in the deep South.....

All those comfy desk jobs are taken....legal, finance, purchasing, trunk, way pub, etc. and they like the way their bread is buttered.

And how about the lunch hour. They can't require you to attend the meal, but they can sure put the pressure on and make you feel like dirt if you don't go.

So let's add up the hours:

46 - work

5 - STS + volunteer + snack shop

5 - lunch meals

1 - lame department fellowships

57 hours a week, minimum, for somewhere between $300 and $400 per week. Now there's a deal! (for the cult, that is)

Well, yeah...but the cost of living is low (especially since you can't get off grounds and there's nothing to do, anyway)...and you're in a low tax bracket! :)

George

Well, yeah...but the cost of living is low (especially since you can't get off grounds and there's nothing to do, anyway)...and you're in a low tax bracket! :)

George

Oh! Hey, sign me up! :confused:

I've had dreams (nightmares more like it) that I've gone back on Staff. I know I'm no longer in TWI, but I don't tell anyone.

It will NEVER NEVER NEVER happen again.

It's weird because I have strange moments in my own brain about considering going back if they changed. Yeah right. Am I effin' crazy? I must be to have a thought like that.

Then I wake myself up, reminding myself that abusers NEVER change.

Word has it that there is a big push coming to recruit new staff at the way international's headquarters. I thought this would be a good thread for former staffers to shed a little light on the subject, lend a helping hand (so to speak.) :anim-smile:

Twi is endanger of losing the perception battle.

....twi is perceived as the 'spiritual epicenter of the world' amongst their followers.

....twi is perceived as being the place where the highly spiritual among them work.

Twi is approaching a tipping point where the organization becomes irrevelant. As vacancies in staff increase, even the 'suites' will question, "What the he!! is wrong with this place that no one wants to come work here?" Less people, less sunday tape subscriptions, less corps program participation.....splat like cow dung on a flat rock.

:anim-smile:

The funny thing is....or sad really, is that if you are a newbie staffer,

YOU WON'T NOTICE all the degradation of self they are chipping away at ,or all the crappy "benefits" they dish out..... for awhile! If at all.....

You are just sooooooooooooooooooooo happy to be on God's Promised Land, you'll actually believe you are special , privileged and honored to be there!

gggggggggggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!CUSSING.gifrealmad.gifcryhug_1_.gif

edited because i am sloppy ;)

Edited by bliss

Wow - its sure changed since I was on staff there in the early '80s.

I lived off grounds, in the summer, spend my afternoons at Lake St. Mary's or the one only the locals know about, in Minster. Or, some of us would go for motorcycle rides.

Many parties off grounds... Many clubs still around.

We pretty much did what we wanted in our off time. I took a class at Wright State for which I was reimbursed if I got a B or more, but I scheduled it after work, on Wed. evenings, so I was back, but it was just a little too late to go to corps night so I got to watch it on tv in the comfort of my trailer - hee hee.

So, are you telling me, my favorite club to dance the night away on Friday or Saturday - Night Moves in Wapakoneta - just 15 minutes away - is closed???? I loved it, many of us went there. We danced, drank and partied. We also kept it a secret, we didn't want the HQ leadership finding out about it.

But, I would also advise - run!!! The reason we partied was to self-medicate and forget where we were...

Sunesis - Lake Loramie? We often remember the boat rentals there - for a few bucks or something we'd rent a boat and paddle around, fishing for an afternoon or morning. There were two parts to it, and if the lily pads weren't too thick you could rift through into the smaller section. Can't remember who but somebody had a little outboard, old beater but it ran most of the time, could trunk it in, clamp it down and move on out. Great lake, really pretty.

Many a bass was taken there. :) Some big crappie too and not a few catfish and assorted others. Lots and lots of small ponds all over that area of Ohio too.

Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown and Gov. Strickland in April announced $1 million in USDA funding to create buffer strips along creeks running into Grand Lake St. Marys, including Chickasaw. It will fund grass buffers, planting cover crops and manure storage.

That lake is a big oval hole in the ground filled with sewage, . . . don't recall seeing significant plant-life around it or in it . . . I always thought it was a gross place.

The Way International NEEDS staff....

Like a submarine needs a screen door.

ROFL! :biglaugh::anim-smile::biglaugh::anim-smile:

I can't wait to hear about the promos. I bet you a dollar to a dime it will be about all the "spiritual growth" that will happen in this advanced lane of service, or some such mind numbing rhetoric.