Bait......go and grow with God, grow spiritually ten years in one year

Switch....to really grow, you need to go corps

Bait......tell them what God did for you

Switch....recruit and sign others up for pfal classes

Bait......word over the world, every nation, every city

Switch....some cities are so dark, the word will not move there

Corps

Bait......two years inresidence program to walk spiritually and lead others

Switch....a lifetime of twi servitude regardless of abuse, exploitation, predation

Bait......the greatest training in the world to walk with God

Switch....a mason-like hierarchy where more secrets lie behind every door

Bait......corps diploma, associates degree in theology

Switch....a worthless piece of paper signifying indoctrination

Bait......those who will sit at the feet of the master to serve the Lord

Switch....an inner sanctum society where elitism rules over humility

Bait and Switch.....Bait and Switch.....the fishing expedition continues.

:evildenk:

Edited by skyrider

Bait and switch.. of course. That IS how one can sell something that no one else wants, or something one cannot sell with legitimate methods..

more bait and switch:

Da VERD as it hath not been known since da first century..

switch, a cheaply built, second rate copy of others "work"..

Excellent post Skyrider!

You got me thinking about the "benefits" listed on the back of the PFAL sign-up green card. They were the bait – and each supposed benefit is destined to become its own polar opposite depending on the follower's commitment level, years of involvement, etc. Could only remember a few.. I guess that's a good thing.

Makes life meaningful – switches to – a life outside of TWI is perceived as meaningless.

Develops more harmony in the home – switches to – be antagonistic toward anyone that is not in TWI

Enables you to separate truth from error – switches to – the inability to differentiate between the Bible and PFAL books

Teaches you how to prayer effectually – switches to – enables one to spin wheels at incredibly high speeds while remaining stationary.

Increases prosperity – switches to – sacrificing a big chunk of income, savings, career goals, and anything else of value to TWI.

Excellent post Skyrider!

You got me thinking about the "benefits" listed on the back of the PFAL sign-up green card. They were the bait – and each supposed benefit is destined to become its own polar opposite depending on the follower's commitment level, years of involvement, etc. Could only remember a few.. I guess that's a good thing.

T-bone......yeah, every bait had a HOOK in it.

Skyrider, you said regarding the WC

Bait......two years inresidence program to walk spiritually and lead others.

I don't remember which one it was, but do you remember in one of those promo films VP says something to the effect that the Way Corps can bring a person into "full spiritual maturity" within 2 years? I'm talking about one of those Bud Morgan films, or maybe even that Way Corps film.

I was a Corps grad when that came out and I remember thinking, "It will?" Then I wondered what exactly did "full spiritual maturity" mean, and how did one know when one had achieved it? Of course, I never shared that with anybody. I was "spiritually mature" enough to know to not question the "Man of God's" words.

So, if I may add to your post...

Bait......Full spiritual maturity in just 2 years.

Switch....A program of busy work and empty talk about the "spiritually elite" Way Corps.

Edited by Broken Arrow

A list of promises from the beginning, and the reality that unfolded....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Establishes and maintains a positive attitude became "never ever ever say anything less than 100% positive or you

will be roundly condemned for "confessing a negative."

makes life meaningful became "twi will become your life and assign you meaning- running our classes, attending our

meeting, buying our magazine and tapes...."

Overcomes worry and fear became "unless you do exactly as we say, the devil will get you in an instant",

which means twi'ers inside twi have more worry and fear than everyone else (especially when added to point 1.)

Promotes prosperity and health became "you will not dare to admit less than 100% health and prosperity, or we will

condemn you and blame you for failing to get either or both"

Explains apparent bible contradictions became "you will agree with whatever we say about the Bible, even if that

contradicts what we used to teach about it"

Develops more harmony in the home became "your family will all carry this out 100% or you will have strife"

Enables you to separate truth from error became "what we say is truth, is truth. What we say is error, is error."

Disciplines the mind by believing became "believe whatever we say, and ignore anything that contradicts it"

Teaches how to pray effectively became "pray the way we say, and if you don't get what you wanted, then you either

redefine what you asked for so that it sounds like you got it, or we will blame you"

Skyrider, you said regarding the WC

Bait......two years inresidence program to walk spiritually and lead others.

I don't remember which one it was, but do you remember in one of those promo films VP says something to the effect that the Way Corps can bring a person into "full spiritual maturity" within 2 years? I'm talking about one of those Bud Morgan films, or maybe even that Way Corps film.

I was a Corps grad when that came out and I remember thinking, "It will?" Then I wondered what exactly did "full spiritual maturity" mean, and how did one know when one had achieved it? Of course, I never shared that with anybody. I was "spiritually mature" enough to know to not question the "Man of God's" words.

So, if I may add to your post...

Bait......Full spiritual maturity in just 2 years.

Switch....A program of busy work and empty talk about the "spiritually elite" Way Corps.

Broken Arrow.......yes, I remember that.

Amazing, isn't it? The goal posts kept moving.....

Then, wierwile started bringing selective corps grads back to hq.....I specifically remember some of those 4th corps grads back at hq and wierwille publically complaining about their "commitment level."

Addition to the list:

Bait......spiritual training to go forth and serve others

Switch....serve trustees who, in turn, lord over those who 'serve'

I think the mindset one absorbs through long term involvement perpetually obscures this bait & switch scam; which is further reinforced by TWI leadership.

If I'm not experiencing prosperity, my PFAL circle of reasoning blames MY lack of believing. If I mention to someone I think I see a discrepancy between PFAL and the Bible, you can bet all the loose change at the bottom of the cornucopia a leader will attribute that to ME not mastering PFAL.

Maybe a perpetual motion machine hasn't been invented yet – but yowser bowser - TWI has the patent on ceaseless deceptive crap.

Another facet of this came to mind while I'm writing this. I remember a night just before a bunch of us married and single folks were all heading out to go bar witnessing – the leader wanting to put the women at ease – maybe over an assumption they might be giving out mixed messages – said something to the effect of whatever it takes to get someone interested in coming to Twig is ok. It's their problem (meaning the person they witnessed to) if they mistake the love of God for something else.. . Thus a follower learns to become adept in the fine art of bait & switch.

Another facet of this came to mind while I'm writing this. I remember a night just before a bunch of us married and single folks were all heading out to go bar witnessing – the leader wanting to put the women at ease – maybe over an assumption they might be giving out mixed messages – said something to the effect of whatever it takes to get someone interested in coming to Twig is ok. It's their problem (meaning the person they witnessed to) if they mistake the love of God for something else.. . Thus a follower learns to become adept in the fine art of bait & switch.

That's a subset of Bait & Switch, called Date & Switch.

Bait...Spend two years in a Fellow Laborer "commune" and then return to your hometown, as a more fully equipped servant of God's people.

Switch...Spend two years getting your butt chewed out for having sub-standard believing and then finding out your hometown no longer needs your services.

BONUS...Learning to make your own mayonnaise and mung bean sprouts.

That's a subset of Bait & Switch, called Date & Switch.

Oh, yes.......the ole 'Date & Switch' :)

Bait......Move from city to city, year after year, to comply with corps assignments

Switch....Denigrated for lack of prosperity, lack of believing, lack of results

Bait: Being told that TWI corps assignments are assigned for the benefit of the person first.

Switch: Believing that and ending up in a trailor in Mississippi.

uuugh....

Bait......corps assignments are of God

Switch....some corps wives were assigned to hq for mog's pleasure

• 1 month later...

of course, if the bait & switch tactics failed to get PFAL classes together - one could always resort to the old Jedi mind trick....

post-1636-066107000 1299208228_thumb.jpg

.....unfortunately it didn't always work....

post-1636-045519300 1299208288_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...
On 1/28/2011 at 6:00 PM, T-Bone said:

Excellent post Skyrider!

Makes life meaningful – switches to – a life outside of TWI is perceived as meaningless.

Develops more harmony in the home – switches to – be antagonistic toward anyone that is not in TWI

Enables you to separate truth from error – switches to – the inability to differentiate between the Bible and PFAL books

Teaches you how to prayer effectually – switches to – enables one to spin wheels at incredibly high speeds while remaining stationary.

Increases prosperity – switches to – sacrificing a big chunk of income, savings, career goals, and anything else of value to TWI.

:eusa_clap: