GreaseSpot Cafe

the victoids' *ministry(?)*

Ham

Pretend.. I'm the delusional Mr. Hammerquist.. (OMG.. the parallels one could draw here.. and the similarity of the situation..)

stand in front of you with a rather large softdrink bottle in hand, and you, seated.. defenseless.

what kind of response do you have to "blow my mind"?

:biglaugh:

don't even think of the Mercaptan argument..

somebody here will figure out the *correct* answer (and have had read Kesey's Garage Sale)

no. Don't use the Mercaptan argument.

We all stink. There isn't really much to be done about that..

Cmon, Mr IAM. I am trying to coach you with your defense..

Pretend.. I'm the delusional Mr. Hammerquist.. (OMG.. the parallels one could draw here.. and the similarity of the situation..)

stand in front of you with a rather large softdrink bottle in hand, and you, seated.. defenseless.

what kind of response do you have to "blow my mind"?

don't even think of the Mercaptan argument..

I'm not the subject in question, but in MY defense I would say, "Please don't shake up that bottle and point it at me!"

It's amazing what becomes truly important when the pressure is on.

Hey, screw this. Let's talk about Yes again. I got on youtube and listened to a 12/72 video of Yours is no disgrace. Right now I'm listening to Gates of Delirium. THAT song is one serious roller coaster ride. Probably a lot of lyrics in there you guys might use to describe twi (pounding out the devil's sermon). OK now I got the revealing science of God. On the Gates of Delirium page somebody posted that the song was..."not bad for a band deemed unfit for the rock and roll hall of fame. They must just not have that special quality that John Cougar, Madonna, and Blondie all have, I guess....". LOL.

They came to STL last year, but Jon Anderson wasn't with them; medical issues. Sure hope they come back with at least JA, Squire, and Howe. Don't go to that many concerts anymore, but me and Jean saw the Eagles at Busch stadium last summer. It was good.

Yeh, let's talk about other things that don't exist, like the liberal bias in the media. There are thousands of us who believe VP ministered God's word to us. You haven't talked to all of us. To you, we're just..."collateral benefit". Right? What else is there to talk about that hasn't been talked about ad nauseum? Wait! I got a swell idea! Let's talk about Yes and the rock and roll gift ministries!

Wasn't this place supposed to be no more by now?

Yeh, let's talk about other things that don't exist, like the liberal bias in the media. There are thousands of us who believe VP ministered God's word to us. You haven't talked to all of us. To you, we're just..."collateral benefit". Right? What else is there to talk about that hasn't been talked about ad nauseum? Wait! I got a swell idea! Let's talk about Yes and the rock and roll gift ministries!

Wasn't this place supposed to be no more by now?

-------------------------------------

Read the thread title.

If you don't want to discuss the subject at hand, why are you posting?

Edited by waysider

Minister.... Lol....

All I see "ministers" doing these days is showing off their pompous arse and trying to make little minions that imitate their every move and believe their every word..

Classes.. Teachings..

So he spouted off what he wanted everyone to hear. A scripture here, a verse there, a plagiarized book on yonder. Yet, when it came to really helping someone. You know, their "real" needs, not the invisible needs that he helped by forcing his "non-expert biblical" opinion on, he was void of any real help.

Never saw any real blood, sweat, and tears the MOG did working to help the other man... Unless it was helping blind the other man so he could take his wife.

:evildenk:

1 John 2:1 - My little children, these things write I unto you that ye sin not, and if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

I'm going to go have a beer.

who's to say the victoid was a man, to begin with?

lets try a "literal translation according to usage" here.

My little children, these things write I unto you that ye sin not, and if any man (who speaks da tongues. Lo shanta..) sin (that is, rape, pillage, bully God's people perpetually, not to mention drowning himself in Drambuie) we have an advocate (court appointed attourney. He really doesn't want the job, but what the heck..) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

Is this what you are trying to say?

Edited by Ham

Minister means serve. Teachings, classes, fellowships, etc.

Another description might be..... An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife,( no adultery) temperate, prudent, respectable,

able to teach, not addicted to wine(or drambuie) or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money.

He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity

And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church.......

Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain,

but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.(That is clear conscience not seared conscience)

On the other hand they should not be any of these...lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power;

Avoid such men as these.(Probably sound advice)

quote: Is this what you are trying to say?

No, it was fine without your asides.

quote: who's to say the victoid was a man, to begin with?

His death certificate.

quote: Maybe you could name a few of them..

asides the *few* who have a product to sell.

and who are "us"?

Us are them. Product to sell...like Krys and KK? I could name many, but I don't want anybody bugging them. Lots of our kids are into it, too...not just as "my mom and dad's religion"...they're really into it like we have been. Like the witch said in the beginning of the movie the sword and the sorcerer, "It lives". If a donkey could speak God's word to Balaam, who (or what) couldn't speak God's word? There is no substitute for salvation by Jesus Christ, neither death nor life nor angels, principalities, powers, things present, things to come, etc.

Waysider: on either the rephrase this thread or the red flag session one thread you said you got a empty feeling in the pit of your stomach when you realized that SIT was only glossolalea or grossology, or whatever it was. Does this still persist? Do you really believe that you might not be born again? Sometimes you act like you may think your only possible shot at eternal life is by spending every possible moment of the rest of your life preaching VPs evil from the housetops. Say it ain't so.

Edited by johniam