GreaseSpot Cafe

Cheapness

Ham

But if he WERE a betting man. He admits (or claimed) that he wasn't. But if he WASN'T a betting man, why would he bet on the soon demise of a fellow who had some thought he would be dead within a year.

You know, insurance companies make the same bet, and usually win..

:biglaugh:

or make the payoff so low that the whole concept is laughable..

Digger Odell..

now that I think of it.. what a CHEAP illustration of the *law* of (negative) *believing*..

furthermore. Why did the vicsters grave diggers have to have an Irish surname?

What a cheap illustration. Can't really make a solid, logical claim.. so do what.. make a joke and blame it on the Irish..

If I were an Irish man I'd sue..

and probably win..

oh.. how is *mr* geero this evening? just wonder..

I think the passing of da gas paper was under fifty pages.

oh, cheapness. It almost defines offshoot, doesn't it?

"We've left.. da ministry. and we've left with da gold (a cheap, cheap, cheap copy).."

No overhead.. i.e. no "investment" in raw material now.. no?

so *mr* geer has sold how many copies of deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge. Cheap, of course..

same for the other outfits..

Haha. I read all the PooP. Probably one of the most narcissistic narratives I've ever read. Actually, just finished a James Patterson novel - "Private Games". The narrative of the psycho killer with delusions of grandeur who was the main antagonist in the novel sounded a whole lot like Geer.

It's a good idea to reread PoP every few years when in recovery from twi exposure.

It's amazing how much the content changes every few years. :)

The last time I read it, it was a lot more shocking than the time before,

which was already a shock.

• Upvote 1

It's a good idea to reread PoP every few years when in recovery from twi exposure.

It's amazing how much the content changes every few years. :)

The last time I read it, it was a lot more shocking than the time before,

which was already a shock.

I doubt whether I could stomach the thought of plugging thru the narcissism again,

but I know what you mean.

Even when I heard it the FIRST TIME......I didn't believe it.

I can't face reading ANY of their materials. Can't get past the first paragraph.

The whole bloody set-up was insane.

Wtih Geer in the vicinity, there was never room for anyone else. His ego filled any room he was in.

You US folk need to be really glad you didn't get to spend time up in Gartmore with him!!!

Oh sorry, that's a comment that really belongs on a different thread.

• 5 years later...
On 2/16/2012 at 10:24 AM, geisha779 said:

As Ham points out., there is a difference in being cheap and stingy......reusing disposable cups and coffee grounds and being thrifty and frugal. Taking some time and a little effort to stretch the money I work hard for is a source of pride with me. Recently I have been approached about doing PSA's on the radio....money saving minutes. I will be sharing tips on how to stretch money to make everyday purchases.

A few years ago I found myself supporting two households......working too much more wasn't an option as I also found myself caretaker to a sick individual. I had to learn ways to stretch a dollar. I learned how to coupon and to take advantage of money saving programs at large chain stores like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite-Aid. . . . . Target. It is the best thing I could have done for my situation. I actually had more than I could ever use once I got the hang of it.

I no longer support two households, but I still use all the money saving tips I learned and I donate items such as food, diapers, formula, personal care items, and clothing. In some families toothpaste is actually a luxury item.

The difference now is that I do it because I like it and because I like to use my "talent" to help others. While in TWI, I was cheap because I was always broke by shoveling what income I did have into that organization. TWI's promotion of cheapness, seems to stem in part from a desire to control people and to squeeze them dry.

I don't see much wrong with stretching a dollar....we work for them, why not work a little more to get the most from them? I do see a problem with stretching them and denying self to give money to a group like TWI. I don't think it is right that they encourage people to live on the cheap so that they can gather ABS. TWI's ABS system seems to be some kind of spiritual usury or some strange indulgence racket.

If you are going to be frugal...do it for your benefit or the benefit of someone who needs it....God isn't broke, He doesn't need your cash to survive and TWI has plenty of money they manipulated from the backs of hard working people, many whom they have tossed aside. I can't think of a LESS noble and useless effort than throwing money away by giving it to TWI.

End of sermon!!

779, love your post! I am a very frugal person because I have live on my Disability payments.  But, I too have learned over the years, how to stretch my money.  I live a very simple lifestyle, but God always gives me what I need.  Not want I want, but what I need.  I don't have much, but I am always share what little I have.

On 2/18/2012 at 1:41 PM, OperaBuff said:

It occurs to me that VP and his family never wanted for anything during TWI years, and never did anything on the cheap for themselves. As for the rest of us, it was beater cars, living in cheap rentals, blowing our nose with toilet paper to save money on kleenex, recycled coffee grounds, provide TWI with free labor, and always abundantly share what little money we had. VP saw to it that he had all the power he could ever need to have a full and abundant life.

Hey, there was a class about that, wasn't there?!

The purpose of PFAL was to funnel all the ministry power to VP, in order to give VP a very abundant life.

Rather ballsy of him to name that class after his own personal goals in life.

OB, VPW certainly lived well on our money.  Never once have I known TWI to help believers with anything; money, clothes, food, ect.  Money was VPW's God.

On 2/26/2012 at 11:08 AM, OldSkool said:

They have a whole stack of plywood for this very purpose. Oh, almost forgot. Another reason was they didn't want any evidence of the presence of heavy equipment (flattened grass for example) when they had the memorial service.

And they excel at rural living to the degree Donald Trump is a good farmer.

OS, you are right!  I grew up on a farm in Central NY State.  People in TWI, didn't know Jack about rural living.  I always wondered why if they had all that farmland, why they didn't rent it out to the locals.  If they did, I never heard anything about it.

On 2/26/2012 at 11:24 AM, waysider said:

Apparently, because of their rural isolation, news has not yet reached them that a new tool has been developed to address this type of situation. It's called a rake!

Way, a rake??  Honey, even in Ohio, they have vehicles called tractors.  Tractors are useful for all types of things; hell they had them at the ROCK!!

On 2/26/2012 at 0:12 PM, skyrider said:

Yeah.....I knew you guys understood. Just wanted to state it plainly for others who might be passing thru.

Amazing to step back and see how twi's "little policies" ALWAYS put them in charge of overseeing activities in the guise of "raising up others." All that stringing chairs crap........and wierwille would walk thru the brc each sunday at 4pm, an hour before the service to spiritually oversee everything......WHAT A LOAD OF BULLPOOKIE.

Wierwille instituted a whole system that touted menial labor as "pillars to attention to detail and later, spiritual leadership." Everything from cleaning toilets to mowing grass to breaking breath mints and placing them correctly at the podium. And, having corps trained in this pathetic servitude AND spiritual partners writing checks of support......and offshoot leaders implanting the same crapola......who's gonna stop the pain?

I wonder if wierwille spent time hand-digging his Dad's grave? <_<

Sky, good question!!  Where are his parents buried; does anyone know??  I think VPW was to lazy to dig his father's grave, but I might be wrong.

On 3/4/2012 at 3:51 PM, chockfull said:

Haha. I read all the PooP. Probably one of the most narcissistic narratives I've ever read. Actually, just finished a James Patterson novel - "Private Games". The narrative of the psycho killer with delusions of grandeur who was the main antagonist in the novel sounded a whole lot like Geer.

Chock, I love those Private Novels by James Patterson.  I think Chris G is more dangerous than any villian dreamed up by Patterson.

On 3/5/2012 at 6:19 PM, Twinky said:

I can't face reading ANY of their materials. Can't get past the first paragraph.

The whole bloody set-up was insane.

Wtih Geer in the vicinity, there was never room for anyone else. His ego filled any room he was in.

You US folk need to be really glad you didn't get to spend time up in Gartmore with him!!!

Oh sorry, that's a comment that really belongs on a different thread.

Twinky, I'll take your word for CG.  I have never met the man, nor do I want too. I have no idea where he is now days, nor do I care.

On 2/18/2012 at 0:14 PM, chockfull said:

Sometimes I think it's the little things that show the most. The overall drive to "burn the chaff" getting rid of "old man things" promoted by TWI. It's the dispensing of one's identity and the substitution of the group identity. Of course people by nature will get rid of things attached to bad memories, but this is different. The whole symbolism manipulated by the terms "old man" and "new man" in TWI's use are very unhealthy. There is strength in heritage, family, past accomplishments, memories.

When you combine the over-emphasis on "likemindedness" - an ingrained "group-think" with the complete lack of care of the individual shown by TWI, it's a very damaging combination.

Totally agree Chockfull.

"Traveling light"  "Burn the Chaff"  "Good stewards" "everything gives off something" "conduit for the Adversary"

More than the money, the leader wants total control of the people.  He must crush their inner voice.  And get them to do it voluntarily.

"Burn the Chaff" was a literal sacrifice to VPW/TWI.  You burned what in your mind had meaning.  Handing over bits of yourself until you were his.

Cheapness was a way avoid collecting anything new with real meaning.  It directed your mind's focus away from other matters and toward VPW/TWI . . . or at least put you in a place to make a decision . . . the old man or the new?  God's Word or The World?  VPW or You? . . .  So your own growth would a halt.