GreaseSpot Cafe

To KNnow that you Know that you Know..

Ham

Of course not.. :biglaugh:

The offsprings of twi continue this..

*we* are *priviledged* * "to know* there were not just two, but.. two other malefactors + thieves to share his same fate.. which supposedly equal four.

personally.. I'm not in this category. I'm an innocent bystander.. a publican (on the government payroll) and a sinner..

Edited by Ham

That's Marketing 101, Ham. Create a problem so you can solve it. Did you ever worry about how many were crucified with Christ before Wierwille told you that you needed to?

Exactly.

Amazing how a product can rescue us from the horror of static cling, for example.

I remember someone posting about rock climbing or rappelling at LEAD,

and saying they were shouting

"All I wanted was a class on the Bible!"

Ham: I have a math brain teaser for you. I wouldn't have started a new thread for it, so I'm trying to sneak it in this one. Using US currency only, what do the following 4 amounts of money have in common? $1.25 - $2.05 - $5.01 - and $100.50.

quote: Amazing how a product can rescue us from the horror of static cling, for example.

Or 'ring around the collar'.

Either you guys are closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated by the presence of a clean, unmarked Bible in your community.

Well, you got trouble, my friends...

That was not exactly a product that I REALLY asked for..

or wanted.. or needed.

but somehow, in the process of looking for "family" that is what was shoved down my throat..

the "answer" of certainty was never satisfying..

Yes, there were claims of certainty in TWI....but, not without rules, laws, slog, and the painful mental gymnastics of believing just the right way. There was a whole bunch of work involved to attain a small degree of certainty. It was draining.

Christianity is much more restful.....faith in one person and He isn't VP.

Ham: I have a math brain teaser for you. I wouldn't have started a new thread for it, so I'm trying to sneak it in this one. Using US currency only, what do the following 4 amounts of money have in common? $1.25 - $2.05 - $5.01 - and $100.50.

They can all be formed with two pieces of currency, no less.

That was not exactly a product that I REALLY asked for..

Yeah - so many like this. I mean I never knew I cared whether Jesus died on a Wednesday or Friday, whether he carried his own cross or not, whether 2 or 4 were crucified with him.

I mean I never cared so much how he died, more I cared that I could live through Him.

I never really cared that much about the mechanics of prayer either. I just cared that I could talk to my Father through JC, and feel loved by Him and answered by him. Then I heard all sorts of BS and was force-fed a formulaic approach for being happy with my prayer life in TWI. Now I've got people dedicated to proving to me how I'm a faker and have been for decades because what I read in the Bible I could do they say isn't possible today.

I mean I love God. And He loves me, just like a little child.

People though, they really suck.

Edited by chockfull

They're all more than I have in my pockets at the moment.

Math is cool. In a couple of cases.. I've been able to know that I know.. something, abstract. Abstract is a generalization of reality.. something real..

Abstract knowledge extends your horizons..

That whole "know that you know that you know" thing was an effective hook at getting me seriously interested in TWI, way back when. Ditto the "mathematical exactness and scientific precision" line. I was a math geek in high school (member of our high school math club, which was called Mu Alpha Theta, cute huh?) and used to represent my high school in local math competitions. I loved math! So there was a real attraction for me in those two lines, I drooled at both of those teasers.

I first started suspecting that VP was shoveling hooey around the 5th time I heard him try to teach on the difference between the two Greek words for "all" and how it was all without exception or all without distinction. He never could properly teach what the difference is, he always seemed to misspeak and get something backwards and confused. That teaching always made my teeth hurt. All my teeth. Without exception. No distinction. All teeth. Always.

Either you guys are closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated by the presence of a clean, unmarked Bible in your community.

Well, you got trouble, my friends...

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

This is a case where VPW plagiarized someone's work and copied their error into his work material. Bullinger stated the "all without exception, all without distinction" in his "How to Enjoy the Bible". When people began questioning VPW about the similarity between his workmaterial and Bullinger's (given that VPW claimed he had thrown away all his commentaries and came up with his worksmaterials with only God's help) he claimed that somehow him and Bullinger had simply come up with the same answers independently. Strangely they came up with the same error in phrasing independently too. :confused:

After years of denying that "All without exception" and "All without distinction" was wrong, TWI finally gave in and slipped the change into their newer classes without explaining that VPW's way of stating it was wrong. Maybe we just weren't as smart as VPW and they had to dumb it down for us.

Edit to try and fix quotes. Fail.

Edited by PatAnswer

so what is it I am suppose to know? that I am an easy mark for conmen?