GreaseSpot Cafe

Loathing the Overlords

skyrider

Fast forward to Dealing with the Adversary class:

The four fronts of the devil...1)yourself, 2)others, 3)religion, & 4)environment

Think about it this way....

2)others........wierwille and systematizing of error

3)religion......TWI was hyper-religion shunning the world

4)environment...TWI encapsulated the "whole of its followers"

One could easily say that 3 out of 4 fronts invites the devil in.

Your BEST OPTION is sticking with yourself to keep the devil out.

I just got in from shoveling snow and had time to think about what I wrote. I am angry with myself for letting something that happened 40 years ago still get under my skin. Evidently time is not healing that wound. I intend to try a little forgiveness (Lord knows I require forgiveness): forgiveness for those past interm corp, branch leaders, the roving corp folks and the folks at HQ. Something that was said by skyrider: those folks were all indoctrinated, ship, I was indoctrinated. Additionally, now I got that Lead Zepplin Imigrant song stuck in my head and that line: "we are your overlord".

Having trouble "moving on"?

We can't dictate the speed with which someone recovers from twi or anything else.

Other posters have had worse trouble with this, for different reasons.

We've shown them a little understanding and pathos.

GENTLEMEN,

I trust we can all behave ourselves WITHOUT any moderator needing to say anything.

• Upvote 1

We can't dictate the speed with which someone recovers from twi or anything else.

Other posters have had worse trouble with this, for different reasons.

We've shown them a little understanding and pathos.

GENTLEMEN,

I trust we can all behave ourselves WITHOUT any moderator needing to say anything.

Well said.

George

Think about it this way....

2)others........wierwille and systematizing of error

3)religion......TWI was hyper-religion shunning the world

4)environment...TWI encapsulated the "whole of its followers"

One could easily say that 3 out of 4 fronts invites the devil in.

Your BEST OPTION is sticking with yourself to keep the devil out.

I frequently remind myself that I am more than a super-conqueror through Christ Jesus.

If anyone tries to point out that I'm not better than everyone else, I tell them "Get thee behind me Satan".

I put on the breastplate of self-righteousness and deflect the fiery darts of The Adversary.

Take on the whole armor. And stand. Ignore the laughter. Gird a pork-loin or something. Just stand there.

• Upvote 1

I frequently remind myself that I am more than a super-conqueror through Christ Jesus.

If anyone tries to point out that I'm not better than everyone else, I tell them "Get thee behind me Satan".

I put on the breastplate of self-righteousness and deflect the fiery darts of The Adversary.

Take on the whole armor. And stand. Ignore the laughter. Gird a pork-loin or something. Just stand there.

You forgot to say "En Garde!", so, no, that won't work.

:offtopic:/>

Skyrider, empty your Inbox (GSC messenger). Looks like you can't receive any more messages.

Well, recalling something from 40 years ago and it still engenders anger is my issue to deal with but I found it strange that it engendered so much anger, thus, why not give the forgiveness thing a try - I keep moving on in life (twi has not really drained me, in fact, inadvertently, twi helped me). I am glad I shared that matter here because the next day I went over in my head the thoughts I shared and realized I needed to re-evaluate my angers with twi (those interm corp dweebs) and rather than rehashing the hate to find a new recourse, I thought forgiveness might be a good road to take, after all, don't we have words to that example by our Lord.

Actually, I am still on thread: learning about how to deal with past anger/hate towards the overlords.

I thank the folks on GSC because no one else would understand that rant - when no one can understand what's in you, sometimes you go out into the woods or field in the night and shout it to the sky (sometimes it works).

Hey, still got the ole Lead Zepplin song in my head.

I thank the folks on GSC because no one else would understand that rant....

Yeah.....we've heard that many times here at GSC.

It truly is amazing how many people have MOVED ON......who'd posted on GSC.

Take a look at those many rants from posters on those old threads on pages 95-143

who got badly burned by twi.

Lots of those posters were corps and staff with stories of hurt, abuse, mistrust,

betrayal, disappointment, etc. Twi just wasn't what it purported to be.

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2016 at 8:47 AM, skyrider said:

In the ranking of overlords, twi is small ball......but they do exert authority and power

over all the others in their neighborhood. And, what a dismal neighborhood it is.

Twi-overlords feast at the tables by deceiving others. Their claim is that you NEED them,

because they FEED those among you and take oversight to care for you......as they extort

and exploit your life and livelihood until you have nothing else to give. You pay for the

classes, books, events, magazines, tapes, love-offerings, gifts, etc.....and STILL send in

your 15% for this "oversight and care."

As months roll into years, and years into decades....the unsuspecting fail to see the ruse.

They hold you ACCOUNTABLE for "doing the word" while they, the overlords and hq-staffers,

don't have to ("do the word").....just their pigeon-holed job. Easy-peasy -- for them!!

Yet, you have got to 1)do your job, 2)do the outreach, 3)care for others, 4)teach, preach

and run classes, 5)shoulder much responsibility.....AND, 6)PAY OVERLORDS FOR THE PRIVILEGE.

The arrogance wreaks throughout the halls of the OSC.

What a religious-ruse the overlords have played on the gullible.

Sky, so many of us were young, and gullible.  I know I was for years, and years. If the Internet had been around in the late 1970's, and early 1980's, I probably would have known more about the evilness, and corruption that existed in TWI, and would have left much sooner than I did.