GreaseSpot Cafe

Is PLAF theopneustos, god-breathed?

So_crates

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

There hasn’t been a “the Bible” for PFAL to replace.

What most people mean when they say “the Bible” is the abstract contents of the original ancient scriptures in the language of those originally addressed, and that scholars are constantly getting closer and closer to.

... as PFAL progresses in understanding, what I see are contexts where VPW uses the term “the Bible” to mean the written Word of God. As PFAL’s publishing progressed in time, VPW’s use of “the Bible” refers to the collaterals.

The greatest secret in the world today is that “the Bible” (the finished PFAL writings)  is the revealed (written) Word of God. 

image.png"The greatest secret in the world today is that the finished PFAL writings  is the revealed Word of God.

Mike said:

VPW’s use of “the Bible” refers to the collaterals.

I don't think even VPW said that.  Explicitly, at any rate.  Might be implied, by requiring extensive study of collaterals rather than what everyone else refers to as "the Bible."

Edited by Twinky

10 minutes ago, Twinky said:

image.png"The greatest secret in the world today is that the finished PFAL writings  is the revealed Word of God.

So you too, Twinky, are only now FINALLY understanding what my thesis is?

I'm not belittling you, just confirming a common phenomenon. I've seen this in other matters having nothing to do with religion. People tend to "smooth out" what they hear to make it pidgeonhole-able. I've done it.

Welcome to the discussion.

Edited by Mike

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's getting a little complicated.  I am wondering how many levels there were in pre-publication. It looks to me that the printed books that were shipped are NOT the originals, but very close.

In the class we were taught how to ATTEMPT to work back to the originals where the existing texts were EXTREMELY corrupted over many centuries.

Using those exact same techniques, a document like a printed PFAL book is VERY close to the original, and not many years separate. One of the editors is still alive today. The flaws are trivial and are not attitude based like the in the ancient scriptures. had

Here is what you said only minutes ago:

"The greatest secret in the world today is that “the Bible” (the finished PFAL writings)  is the revealed (written) Word of God. "

Do you see the word "finished" in there? Yeah, me. too.

2 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Mike said:

I don't think even VPW said that.  Explicitly, at any rate.  Might be implied, by requiring extensive study of collaterals rather than what everyone else refers to as "the Bible."

Correct. I never saw it until 1998. Someone showed it to me, and then I started seeing it in between the lines all through PFAL.

Just now, waysider said:

Here is what you said only minutes ago:

"The greatest secret in the world today is that “the Bible” (the finished PFAL writings)  is the revealed (written) Word of God. "

Do you see the word "finished" in there? Yeah, me. too.

What I meant there was that it was a project that wasn't finished until 1985.

There are three references where VPW closely associates PFAL with The Word, and many more where it is subtle. I covered 22 of them here. That thread is still on the board here. I can find the link if you want. I called them "Thus saith the Lord"n statements.

Mike , I understand wanting to reconstruct the original text of scripture hot off of God’s breath -  or for someone like you seeking a new God-breathed text — - but I was wondering exactly what great impact it would have to the Christian faith ...

....or perhaps I should rephrase the question - what difference would it make to a Christian who already follows the Bible as his own rule for faith and practice?

I honestly cannot believe that you really believe that, Mike. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Welcome to the discussion.

Whaddya mean, "Welcome"?  I've already posted several things on this thread.  Some of which you have responded to.

For someone to receive such great revelation as to write the whole revealed word of God... at the same time behaving as that wicked man did... beggars even the ... (words fail me).  Totally preposterous.

You are so badly deluded, Mike.

11 minutes ago, Twinky said:

The “smoothing out”  our brains tend to do is strong.

I had a phone conversation with a very proPFAL person about 10 years ago. She was an early leader, WOW, and all around respected Corps leader. She loved VPW and the class.

As we talked I’d give he my thesis on PGAL being God-breathed. She’s say yes, and then move on, but I could tell she didn’t get it. I tried several times, several ways, and every time she’d yes me to death and move on.

Finally, I  asked her to pull out her PFAL book and read along with me. She gladly did. I was reading a verse, and then I read the text that follows.  I called her attention to the verse and said, “That is the written Word of God.” She said yes again. I then called her attention to the following paragraph and said, “That is the written Word of God.”

She screamed, hung up the phone, and has not talked to me since.

4 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Whaddya mean, "Welcome"?  I've already posted several things on this thread.  Some of which you have responded to.

I mean you have been posting and debating with NO CONCEPT of what I was saying until you finally did get it a few minutes ago.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

The “smoothing out”  our brains tend to do is strong.

I had a phone conversation with a very proPFAL person about 10 years ago. She was an early leader, WOW, and all around respected Corps leader. She loved VPW and the class.

As we talked I’d give he my thesis on PGAL being God-breathed. She’s say yes, and then move on, but I could tell she didn’t get it. I tried several times, several ways, and every time she’d yes me to death and move on.

Finally, I  asked her to pull out her PFAL book and read along with me. She gladly did. I was reading a verse, and then I read the text that follows.  I called her attention to the verse and said, “That is the written Word of God.” She said yes again. I then called her attention to the following paragraph and said, “That is the written Word of God.”

She screamed, hung up the phone, and has not talked to me since.

Mildly interesting story. Has nothing to do with the current line of discussion.

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

...and so, as the sun sets slowly in the west

6ec7ac390034a260af72c3320747d84d--horse-

A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty "Hi-yoSilver, away!" The Lone Ranger!

Perfect waysider! :wave:

Edited by JayDee

(please note: i deleted this post - had problems in formatting - but re-posted it properly on the next page)

Edited by T-Bone
Note - of re-doing post on next page

4 hours ago, Mike said:

BTW, anyone who comfortably crosses out a word in their KJV and puts the correction in the margin KNOWS that the KJV is devoid of authority. A good starting suggestion, sure, but not the last word. The same can be said of all other existing manuscripts.

So what your telling me is all I have to do is cross out God everywhere in PLAF and write in Ctuhulu and PLAF is devoid of authority.

You don't see your error here?

The bible's or any translation's authority is not based on whether or not you scribble in it any more than a civil law book's authority is based on what you scribble in it.

The bible's authority is based on the fact it's God-breathe, it came from God.

Mike:

anyone who comfortably crosses out a word in their KJV and puts the correction in the margin KNOWS that the KJV is devoid of authority. 

Me:

Since you claim KJV is devoid of authority, this brings about another interesting question: Does this mean Revelations is devoid of authority?

Mike:

You wrote: "On what evidence do you base this opinion?"

Is this a joke? It's a coming full circle back to the original topic of this thread.

I promised Rocky that I'd back off in answering this question so I can  write my manifesto, or a precursor to it, off line. I'll NEVER get off line this way. You'll have to wait for this, or go back and re-read my posts. I think you'll find my answer there several times over

Me:

If I read correctly, Raf, Rocky, and I were a journalist at one time in our lives. (Yah, I know my spelling sucks (google dysgraphia sometime). Within the course of our jobs, we were often given reports that were reams of paper long. Our job: narrow it to a given amount of column inches. How?

Well, there's this little miracle of journalism called the inverted triangle. In your case, start with the most compelling argument, then go to the next, rinse and repeat.

Edited by So_crates

4 hours ago, Mike said:

What I meant there was that it was a project that wasn't finished until 1985.

There are three references where VPW closely associates PFAL with The Word, and many more where it is subtle. I covered 22 of them here. That thread is still on the board here. I can find the link if you want. I called them "Thus saith the Lord"n statements.

Mike, I think this is critical to presenting your thesis here; you can provide the link but I would think if this is indeed the basis for your theology then you should be able to quote them here; i mean if someone asked me for biblical info about my belief in Jesus Christ I could quote tons of verses for them...if this is so important to your belief system you should know it and be able to quote it.

4 hours ago, waysider said:

I'm perfectly clear on what you're saying. I simply don't agree with you. Do you see the difference?

He never sees the difference. I've said that's what he's been saying for decades, as have others. He keeps accusing me of misrepresenting him. To him, disagreeing OR presenting evidence he's wrong is "misunderstanding" or "misrepresenting."

14 hours ago, Mike said:

More tangents. More me breaking my promise to cool it on posting on this thread. LOL.

I said I was examining my motives for returning here.  I don't think your guess of seeking approval is on target at all.

The reason I've tried to work with your suggestions is they are good, and I was thinking along those lines also. I was trying too write my "manifesto" in the fly, in sections, as  responses within larger dialogs with you folks. That  comes across as toying and delaying. So I have to give it up if It aint workin.

Besides, that's how civil intelligent conversations go. I don’t see this TWI mystery as having been totally cracked. Not at all. There’s plenty more to learn.

Being honest and forthright, I even thought I could use some of the text in the “proof” dialog as boilerplate in a future book on surety and proof in science.

As for approval, I’ve weathered storms of disapproval here. I’m curious why you ask that. It sounds a little like a stealthy psychology probe, or tangential bait.

Not guessing. Just READING your typed comments.

Mike said:

you might feel is a better answer.

It wont be a proof that can force anyone to believe, but it will show you that it’s NOT been an irrational, delusional, stupid, unprofitable, and degrading path to PFAL that I've been on.

Self-awareness is key to recognizing your task. "you might feel is a better answer" and "it will show you that it's NOT been..." those are words that give away your intent.

• modcat5 changed the title to Is PLAF theopneustos, god-breathed?