GreaseSpot Cafe
LivingLife

Was VPW a holocaust denier?

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, penworks said:

Yes, Engine, I remember who K.F. was. His insisting people stand up when he entered the room definitely was something VPW taught us early Way Corps people. It was worse with men and women he ordained who assumed they represented God wherever they went.

So much ego, so much b.s.

Must have been inconvenient if you lived with them.  up down up down.....

Edited by outandabout

Ever see a non-splinter Christian pull that sort of thing? That was vpw- specific.  Stand when I enter the room, play "Hail to the Chief" when I come in to teach (he did that for a time), put together a nice, untraceable cash gift for me when I visit, buy me several bottles of booze for my visit,  etc.   

On 2/21/2019 at 5:07 PM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

There is a thread somewhere here, in which I document the events leading up to my being thrown off dictor paul’s motor coach on I-35, at a rest stop on the way to WIBAP 1982 in Kansas City. He demanded that I take the lead on “fighting those .... Jews in KC who are gonna picket me at WIBAP!”. When I responded, “Dr. (sic!), what does that have to do with moving the word over the world”? That’s when the purple-faced, neck-vein-popping order was barked out to Kramden Geer, the bus driver, to “pull over and get rid of this sonofabitch!”. Thankfully, by serendipity, we were within 2 miles of a rest stop, from which I called Emporia and begged a ride from another wayfer heading toward WIBAP. What a dangshow!

DWNH, unbelievable that VPW would do that to anyone!  What a jerk!!

I grew up at HQ and our 8th grade Washington DC trip was not allowed to visit the Holocaust Museum per Way instructions, that was 1998.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:02 AM, LivingLife said:

I was only involved in TWI from 2009-2017 and have heard vague rumors that VPW did not believe the Holocaust happened. Does anyone know if that is true? Was he also anti-Semitic? I was Jewish before believing in Jesus so I find it very offensive and if it’s true and I had known, I never would have gotten involved with TWI in the first place and could have avoided all the grief from them from those 8 years of my life. 

Life, I was involved in TWI from 1978-1988; if I had known 40 years ago what I now know about TWI, I would never have gotten involved.