GreaseSpot Cafe

Power for Abundant Living Today™

OldSkool

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

ah, but the dead know not any-thing, or 2.  It's the cycle of logic.  We could Work the Word, we would if we could.  Or believe and deceive, that we might thieve with a sieve.  There are no holes in these bowls, of mercy.  So wing this thing like gloves on a duck and save them from the muck and the mire before they expire.  

How are you going to put that duck out when it's a cat? You just have to name that cat a duck. Give it a name, then utter that name. That's how (H-O-W) you do it. 85% of all Christians just get it wrong. I know I read it some where. It's like the kingdom, see? The king is the head of the dom. You can't have a dom without a king. That's just stupid! Where does it say in my Bible that your doms are democracies? Nowhere, that's where.

Whats the difference between a duck?

13 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

How are you going to put that duck out when it's a cat? You just have to name that cat a duck. Give it a name, then utter that name. That's how (H-O-W) you do it. 85% of all Christians just get it wrong. I know I read it some where. It's like the kingdom, see? The king is the head of the dom. You can't have a dom without a king. That's just stupid! Where does it say in my Bible that your doms are democracies? Nowhere, that's where.

. . .

See, you've put man-made cat-ergories on things.  The animal kingdom makes a distinction of things that belong to it, and things that belong in a neighboring kingdom.  That's why you treat your neighbor like a king.  The plant kingdom was eaten of, and you can see how it all fell to pieces.  

30 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

This was handled in THE CLASS.

The original class or PFALT?

Isn't that just wonderful how I kept it on topic and relevant. That's keeping in congruence. Old Abraham couldn't have done it. No, sir! It wasn't available in Bible times, see? All Abraham could hope for was a snowball fight with Pete.

Now I want you to take your eyeballs out... oh, Ha, Ha, Ha... try that again, ok, take your BIBLES out. That's right. Now we're cookin with rice!

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

The original class or PFALT?

Isn't that just wonderful how I kept it on topic and relevant. That's keeping in congruence. Old Abraham couldn't have done it. No, sir! It wasn't available in Bible times, see? All Abraham could hope for was a snowball fight with Pete.

Now I want you to take your eyeballs out... oh, Ha, Ha, Ha... try that again, ok, take your BIBLES out. That's right. Now we're cookin with rice!

While we always want to go back to the original intent, we're always learning and growing.  So even when we're wrong, we're right, it's a walk, not a crawl, we're not giving the runaround in these two ways about it.

That's why there's pFALT.  That's Power to a fault, because want more logs on those babbling tongues of fire.  Those snowballs don't stand a chance now, rice?

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

While we always want to go back to the original intent, we're always learning and growing.  So even when we're wrong, we're right, it's a walk, not a crawl, we're not giving the runaround in these two ways about it.

That's why there's pFALT.  That's Power to a fault, because want more logs on those babbling tongues of fire.  Those snowballs don't stand a chance now, rice?

Rice is for feeding your face. Your face feeds your stomach. And your stomach feeds your walk. Now rice can only communicate with gravy. It can't communicate with your walk. Your walk is by believing. And when I say believing, I hope you know I mean living or dying. Cause when you just get tired and I mean tired like Daddy. Daddy gets tired of playing with his kids, because of that box they put him in. When you get tired because your power is depleted, you just stop believing, then you die. Because the living are dead, not because of, what? (Rice!) Not because of rice, but because of, what? (Gravy!) Gravy. That's right. The living are dead because of gravy. Bless your little hearts.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves, hands and colostomy bags

2 hours ago, waysider said:

Isn't that tremendous!

It just sits there like a duck.

It always amazes me how 85% of Christians just miss the duck. I mean they just miss it. Because it's right there! The duck just SITS there. Now, I hope you know sits is a verb. The verb sits is not how Llamsa handles it. How does Bullinger handle it? (Sits) Sits, huh? Well, Bullinger wasn't accurate about EVERYTHING. How does Babe Ruth handle it? (Sits) Sits for the Babe, too, huh? Well... shoot.... I had it here somewhere.... Ah! There it is! Now, I'm going to show you how to handle this great truth of God's matchless word: Cross it out! Just cross out the word sits. It won't fit in this bloody glove. And when it won't fit, what do we do? (Cross it out!) That's right. Cross it out. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Fire engine red drapes

There is a place in PFAL where Wierwille intends to say "It just sits there like a diamond", but, for whatever reason, says "It just sits there like a duck." Now, some have argued that it only sounds that way, but I have personally listened to it many, many (too many) times  and to me it sounds for all the world like he says "duck". In fact, it sounds so much like duck, we used to create minor distractions at that point in the session so it wouldn't be noticed by the class participants.

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

There is a place in PFAL where Wierwille intends to say "It just sits there like a diamond", but, for whatever reason, says "It just sits there like a duck." Now, some have argued that it only sounds that way, but I have personally listened to it many, many (too many) times  and to me it sounds for all the world like he says "duck". In fact, it sounds so much like duck, we used to create minor distractions at that point in the session so it wouldn't be noticed by the class participants.

Sounds like this was a clear case of imprinting.  A genetive case on the mind.

29 minutes ago, waysider said:

Hilarious! I vaguely remember this. It may be that I previously read this story here. I only endured the "class" once (enough, plenty), but I remember many, MANY careless and willfully stupid errors like this. Maybe that's why Mike wants to get back to the ORIGINAL written PFAL and collaterals.

So, I took him up on it and started reading The Word's Way, or something like that, and I couldn't get past the first three pages for all the errors and doctrinal stupidity.

At the end of the day, you've just got to cross out what you don't understand or what you can't MAKE fit.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Simple math

13 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

As a shepherd, I must lovingly correct you with this spoon. It was a VOCATIVE case.

Fowl language.  The fourth wall being no hedge of protection.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Or as Loy would call them, "the remnant." :spy:

Remnant? Really? I understand it has a religious usage, but is the connotation positive or negative for Loy?

Lees is a possible synonym. If you know anything about fermentation and wine making, the lees are a sediment comprised almost entirely of spent (dead) yeast cells.

Also, residue.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Silver bracelets engraved with credentials

1 hour ago, waysider said:

More like the revenant. It just keeps coming back from the dead.

Speaking of coming back from the dead – maybe they could combine PFAL and PFALT...like a two-class collection

s-l500.jpg

3 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Remnant? Really? I understand it has a religious usage, but is the connotation positive or negative for Loy?

Lees is a possible synonym. If you know anything about fermentation and wine making, the lees are a sediment comprised almost entirely of spent (dead) yeast cells.

Also, residue.

I think you can find out about by searching this website. He apparently considers those who follow him and his teachings these days as "the remnant." 

4 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Biblically, the remnant are those who God has kept secure for himself because of their commitment to him and who would not bow the knee to Baal. Its from 1 Kings 19 and is quoted in Romans 11. It has a very specific context in scripture.

The way international considers themselves the remnant. They take an old Testament concept completely out of context and then use it to justify their horribly low numbers. The relative few remaining in TWI are considered the remnant. To craig it was a positive connotation. Really it is just a way for them to justify their awful leadership practices that has resulted in one mass exodus after another to the point that hardly anyone is left.

LCM didn't just call them "the remnant" - he called them "the faithful remnant."  

If you use an app like BibleHub, you can put in Faithful and Remnant, and look up the contexts.

Think of it this way.  A garment, rag, dishcloth, etc.  Gets worn, used, employed for its purpose, many times.  When finally worn out, what's left is the faithful remnant.  That's LCM's idea: what's left "stuck around."

Alternatively, IMO, what's left is the bits that didn't pull their weight, but lurked at the edges.  The faithful part is the bit that did its job and got worn out, worn away, in the process.