GreaseSpot Cafe

Yet another take

johniam

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

This is all a sadistic, ridiculous joke.
And the ridiculous earns the ridicule.

Get behind me, Mike.

You wrote:
This is all a sadistic, ridiculous joke. And the ridiculous has earned the ridicule.

I can’t blame you.
My hunch is you haven’t seen my stuff before this year?

Do you mind telling me when you first took PFAL’68, if ever?

Do you mind telling me when you first started reading GreaseSpot?
You profile says you started posting here just this year, but you could have been here before under another name.

You are reacting very similar to a certain large percentage of the posters here 20 years ago when I first showed up. Some thought I was joking, many thought I was a WayGB spy, one thought a spy for someone’s lawyer, or for the police, others a simple troll.

If I had not had the peculiar introduction to this  message I preach (that the 1942 promise was real, and the fulfillment of it was real, and in print) I’d a have thought similarly. 

It is definitely not sadistic, but it is very odd.
It is like God and VPW snuck it in under our noses.

Pawtucket checked me out in person, here in San Diego, to be sure I wasn’t a nutcase.

I was good friends with a good friend of his who lived here. We met, and talked, and shook hands, and he gave me a GreaseSpot T-shirt.

I imagine he was well aware of how I was sort of kidnapped into posting here, as I mentioned the other day.

Sometimes I can hardly believe it myself, that all the route I took really happened. It has been a long strange trip.

But definitely not sadistic. I am often thinking of the families of Uriah and of Bathsheba, and how they lived their lives after David’s sin, to help me empathize with the many who got hurt in various ways. I know someday every tear will be wiped away.

Christmas Day is my 20 year anniversary posting here.

I’m trying to decide if I should wrap it up, say mission accomplished, I delivered my message, and move on to the next short strange trip.

Or stay here and do a Phase 2 of some sort.

Reading Charlene’s book has been a huge nostalgia trip for me, a 50 year anniversary one for me at Rye and later at HQ. I am reliving a lot of that time, and a lot of the time I first posted here voluntarily.

I was a groupie for the Research Dept when Charlene was there. I talked to a few other people associated with that Department or in it, but I was too shy to talk to her.

My landlady in the town of New Knoxville was a researcher for VPW, and her husband was an editor of the PFAL book, with VPW and Karen Martin.  I look back on all this and wonder how it all fell into place the way it did.  I never would have dreamed I’d be spending huge amounts of time and focus this way.

One of the big things I need to decide is whether or not I should post on Charlene's  thread, about her book.  I think I refrained doing that, but did address her or something like that on another thread she posted on.

At least I hope I refrained from posting on her thread announcing her book. I wouldn’t want to drag you guys in there with me, tracking mud on her nice clean floors, and rough housing. With my vision challenges I have posted on the wrong threads before.

I’m pretty sure I know how Charlene thinks the Research Department was cheating, because I got that same hunch just from some SNT tapes, about 4 times. Then I mentioned here the two research guys who told me the same at HQ around 1976, 77.

This is not a new revelation. I have posted this here, but long ago.

*/*/*/*

So Nathan_Jr, how can I prove to you that I’m not being sadistic?
Wanna come to San Diego and have coffee?

4 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

No. I don't have the book, either - threw it in the garbage where it belongs. Where is the PDF?

Ill put up a link later today. I have quite a few pdf copies of wierwilles books....

57 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Ill put up a link later today. I have quite a few pdf copies of wierwilles books....

Please give advanced warning.  I don't have any of that stuff any more.  Chucked it all in the woodburner.  I don't want to see it again.

19 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Please give advanced warning.  I don't have any of that stuff any more.  Chucked it all in the woodburner.  I don't want to see it again.

No worries. I did the same with everything and then came across the pdf versions on GSC a few years ago. Decided to download them so I could search through the books digitally and to reference for accuracy when working topics on GSC. Otherwise, I wouldnt have them in my posession period.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

sell a nice boxed set of the PFAL on dvd format. They could include a nice hard-bound transcript and sell the whole thing for $200.

That's a "one and done" sale and the number of potential buyers is limited. The profit is finite. Even a good car salesman doesn't just screw you over for all he can get and then forget about you. He gives you a deal you'll feel comfortable with and continues to court you with follow-up service promotions, new car news and the like, in hope of making more sales in the future. TWI is not a benevolent organization, they're a profit making business. The model they run on is is driven by repeat business. Again, that's why there was always such an emphasis on undershepherding and tithing. Tithing is their real source of predictable income. It's the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Edited by waysider
spelling

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I am often thinking of the families of Uriah and of Bathsheba, and how they lived their lives after David’s sin, to help me empathize with the many who got hurt in various ways. I know someday every tear will be wiped away.

Thats fantasy land. David != VPW

David didnt run a cult 

David repented from his sins --- VPW hid his sins took his sins to the grave and he will answer

David was an inspiration to Jesus Christ -- VPW lifestyle and manner of living did not glorify Christ

David didnt leave a legacy of lies and anti-Christ ramblings

David thankfully didn't have a snow on the gas pumps story but actually had a relationship with God and served his people. 

David is an example of honesty, integrity and Godly character because when he was confronted for his sins he repented --- VPW attacked those who confronted him, labelled them posessed and gave em the bums rush..

VPW was a con-man bum...David was not...

See...polar opposites...

1 hour ago, waysider said:

That's a "one and done" sale and the number of potential buyers is limited. The profit is finite. Even a good car salesman doesn't just screw you over for all he can get and then forget about you. He gives you a deal you'll feel comfortable with and continues to court you with follow-up service promotions, new car news and the like, in hope of making more sales in the future. TWI is not a benevolent organization, they're a profit making business. The model they run on is is driven by repeat business. Again, that's why there was always such an emphasis on undershepherding and tithing. Tithing is their real source of predictable income. It's the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Yes TWI Pharisees really love the tithe.  So do Mormon bishops.  Their cult has the bishop interview every member to see if they had tithed or not.  TWI does this behind closed doors, by speculation, and in violation of personal privacy.

Being an “overseer” means diligence in overseeing the tithe and finances.  They quote the faithful in least faithful in much verse.

They also bypass the parable of the widow and the farthing as it is Jesus teaching in a different administration.

Maybe they will have to do remedial reading at the bema.  Who knows.  But there will be some sense of right and justice because God is not mocked and is no respecter of persons.

Okay, while we're in "Another Take" land, here's a different view of King David.

I know one person here will object, because it looks at academic and scholarly sources!  (How dare it!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David

8 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Okay, while we're in "Another Take" land, here's a different view of King David.

I know one person here will object, because it looks at academic and scholarly sources!  (How dare it!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David

Wikipedia - you know that has evolved into the new encyclopedia that they used to sell door to door.

I like it.  You used to not be able to use it in school as a paper source but that changed in the last decade.  I always do a Wikipedia check on things.

I think TWI goes round and round about their Wikipedia page - always trying to fight to edit it.

I think David and Solomon have been lauded to the sky to excuse immoral behavior by VPW.

The men themselves may have been very inspirational men in a different time and culture.  I’d like to look at them non biased in the future more.  

Nice wiki link.

Edited by chockfull

quote: What do you know about medications for depression?  It seems maybe not much.

SSRIs (very common type of medications for depression and anxiety) don't make people look or act like zombies.

Never took any of those; don't plan to. I had 2 friends who were prescribed a generous amount of them, and died prematurely.

10 hours ago, waysider said:

My whole business revolves around repeat business, so I understand you. 

So far, I have a policy of not tithing in the direction of the legal corporation. I give cash at times to individuals, but not if I think they feel an obligation to turn it over to HQ.  I pay attention to HQ, and I give advice to HQ, because I see good potential in TWI-4.

I have purposely shed my TWI-2 and TWI-3 suspicions, when I saw the performance of TWI-4 people on the field here and face-to-face for a few years now.

You are correct about the business model of the legal T.W.I. legal corporation.

I use the periods in T.W.I. to distinguish the legal corporation that does not change over time when the spiritual side does, as in TWI-1, -2, -3, -4. 

I think of the periods in T.W.I. as grounding anchors, locking it into the 5-senses Earth, while the dash numbered TWIs are the spiritual gift ministries (if any) that are in charge.

An earthly ministry, according to the newly forged Mike Dictionary, is a 5-senses extension of a person's gift ministry from God.

I learned long ago to look in a leader person's wake to see who is getting blessed as they pass by.

If I want to know whether a person has a spiritual gift ministry from God or not, I do not go by the nametag. If there are a lot of extremely blessed people in their wake, I take note and suspect a gift ministry is functioning.  I never look to Reverend titles any more for any kind of guarantee. I see those titles as for the less PFAL informed non-grads.

I was taught in the 70s that the Reverend titles were only for people outside the ministry to see, like the family of grads.  The Reverend title was useful in assuring the families of marrying grads that the marriage ceremony is "official" in both God's eyes and the government's eyes. A Reverend presiding over a grad funeral is comforting to family in our culture.

So the Reverend stuff was only supposed to be for outsiders, but it got changed over time.  I haven't heard a single person bringing this "only for show" aspect of Reverend titles up for discussion in TWI in 40 years.

Eventually the Reverend titles got merged with the notion of gift ministries, and now everyone looks at name tags to I.D. the gift ministries.  Which gift ministry a person got was usually left a mystery.

These are loose ends that demand their own E.C.N. in my opinion.

*/*/*/*

The business model of T.W.I. is certainly in conflict with the gift ministries in TWI. 

The other day I proposed that some brainstorming is appropriate to think through dissolving, and split T.W.I. into 2 corporations, one for the maintaining of real estate, marketing of materials, and distribution of classes, and another minimal corporation for communications in the spiritual fellowship end.

The Way Tree was supposed to be temporary, but that was totally forgotten. Resurrecting this notion of a finite lifetime to the Way Tree should accompany corporate brainstorming.

Edited by Mike

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think of the periods in T.W.I. as grounding anchors, locking it into the 5-senses Earth, wile the dash numbered TWIs are the spiritual gift ministries (if any) that are in charge.

Sounds like a real stretch of logic. The periods are just a convention of abbreviation, nothing more, nothing less. If it's the business organization you want to reference, why not simply say so?

19 minutes ago, waysider said:

Sounds like a real stretch of logic. The periods are just a convention of abbreviation, nothing more, nothing less. If it's the business organization you want to reference, why not simply say so?

I am tinkering with terminology for simplification in discussions.  This is a standard trick in science, to invent differing symbols for distinguishing very similar items from each other.  It is just a shorthand system for clarity.

In texting with an science "innie" friend, I proposed my TWI-x symbols, and found out he did the same thing in discussions with other innies, except he used Roman Numerals where I used dash numbers. 

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Just now, Mike said:

I am tinkering with terminology for simplification in discussions.  This is a standard trick in science, to invent differing symbols for distinguishing very similar items from each other.  It is just a shorthand system for clarity.

In texting with an science "innie" friend, I proposed my TWI-x symbols, and found out he did the same thing in discussions with other innies, except he used Roman Numerals where I used dash numbers. 

Necessity is the mother of invention.

You're creating a new language?

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

My whole business revolves around repeat business, so I understand you. 

So far, I have a policy of not tithing in the direction of the legal corporation. I give cash at times to individuals, but not if I think they feel an obligation to turn it over to HQ.  I pay attention to HQ, and I give advice to HQ, because I see good potential in TWI-4.

I have purposely shed my TWI-2 and TWI-3 suspicions, when I saw the performance of TWI-4 people on the field here and face-to-face for a few years now.

You are correct about the business model of the legal T.W.I. legal corporation.

I use the periods in T.W.I. to distinguish the legal corporation that does not change over time when the spiritual side does, as in TWI-1, -2, -3, -4. 

I think of the periods in T.W.I. as grounding anchors, locking it into the 5-senses Earth, wile the dash numbered TWIs are the spiritual gift ministries (if any) that are in charge.

An earthly ministry, according to the newly forged Mike Dictionary, is a 5-senses extension of a person's gift ministry from God.

I learned long ago to look in a leader person's wake to see who is getting blessed as they pass by.

If I want to know whether a person has a spiritual gift ministry from God or not, I do not go by the nametag. If there are a lot of extremely blessed people in their wake, I take note and suspect a gift ministry is functioning.  I never look to Reverend titles any more for any kind of guarantee. I see those titles as for the less PFAL informed non-grads.

I was taught in the 70s that the Reverend titles were only for people outside the ministry to see, like the family of grads.  The Reverend title was useful in assuring the families of marrying grads that the marriage ceremony is "official" in both God's eyes and the government's eyes. A Reverend presiding over a grad funeral is comforting to family in our culture.

So the Reverend stuff was only supposed to be for outsiders, but it got changed over time.  I haven't heard a single person bringing this "only for show" aspect of Reverend titles up for discussion in TWI in 40 years.

Eventually the Reverend titles got merged with the notion of gift ministries, and now everyone looks at name tags to I.D. the gift ministries.  Which gift ministry a person got was usually left a mystery.

These are loose ends that demand their own E.C.N. in my opinion.

*/*/*/*

The business model of T.W.I. is certainly in conflict with the gift ministries in TWI. 

The other day I proposed that some brainstorming is appropriate to think through dissolving, and split T.W.I. into 2 corporations, one for the maintaining of real estate, marketing of materials, and distribution of classes, and another minimal corporation for communications in the spiritual fellowship end.

The Way Tree was supposed to be temporary, but that was totally forgotten. Resurrecting this notion of a finite lifetime to the Way Tree should accompany corporate brainstorming.

“Gift ministries” is another twisting of the scriptures.  It matches up well with young egos and fiefdoms. 

Christs body doesn’t have a hierarchical tier.  There is no Q12 of “apostles” like the Mormons teach, nor are there these elite creatures who walk above water with golden calf VPW statues on their desk or Way Corps seals with the salt of the tears of their covenant imbedded that are “apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers”

Break those down:

Pastors and teachers - most of what leaders in Christian denominations call themselves.  Care for people, teach, be what most consider a minister.

Apostles - always viewed as “top dog” usually an ethereal idea - “new light” to a day and time?  This is a fictional ministry that only cult leaders achieve.

Prophets - jerks in the OT with many opinions and few friends.  A different viewpoint provides strength.  But wtf is a NT prophet?

Evangelists - a few fabled people are tagged with this.  We used to have tent meetings all over the world for these types - typified in the Steve Martin movie “Leap of Faith”.  Nobody ever tagged with this in modern times I was aware of in TWI.

So I believe the gift ministry teaching of TWI to be every bit as flawed and inaccurate as their manufactured “Lo shanta” instructions.

Ministering to people is an act.  Being loving and helping people is a gift.

Idiots who behave like puffer fish are puffer fish.

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

VPW was a con-man bum...David was not...

See...polar opposites...

What I try to imagine, as a mental exercise, is how would we tell the friends and relatives of Uriah and Bathsheba that David was a good guy?

To perform this mental exercise, you must still have the ability to put VPW off to the side.  Do you still have that mental skill, or has the habit of invoking the usual anti-idol convinced you that a closed mind is appropriate here.

Whenever I bring up the damage David caused here, the knee-jerk response is to shove that damage under the rug and to proclaim all anti-praise to the anti-idol.  Thinking about this is threatening to the anti-idol that is so loved.

It is the damage from David that I think of, and how did some of them recover from that damage.

Do you think David repenting was very soothing to them? If you were one of them, what would convince you that David's repenting was genuine. 

How does David's genuine repenting help the people who were damaged by David?

Nowadays WE know David's repenting was genuine, because it is written in God's Word that he repented. But I am asking HOW did any of those damaged people recognize it was genuine? 

Have you ever pondered this, or does the anti-idol forbid it?

Do you think the devil interfered with them recognizing the validity of David's actions that were involved in his repenting?  How might that be done?

Just some un-thunk thoughts to think about.

How sure are you that VPW never repented? How can evidence ever prove a negative like that? Negative evidence can certainly generate negative feelings, but do feelings prove anything?

I think my idea of looking for evidence of blessings can prove a lot.

Did Solomon ever repent?