GreaseSpot Cafe

Yet another take

johniam

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Are you suggesting Paul name-dropped his way into history?

Sly fox.

Paul openly states he became all things to all men so he might save some...so yeah....i think that's a valid point, I don't think Paul was above name dropping :jump:

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

UNTIL you incorporate my firm belief in free will into your comments to me about it, it is a waste of my time to read your following comments that incorporate your thinking that I doubt that free will exists.

No, it is your cornball excuse for not responding to the rest of the post as the whole post has nothing to do with free will. If it does, please show me where?

Edited by So_crates

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Indeed it did.  Western Colonialism moved much further.  And ended slavery through most of the planet.

Oh... I neglected to mention the Parthian Empire that was to the east of Rome...the had several wars. Rome couldnt beat Parthia either they effectively stymied Rome's expansion eastward. Both Rome and Parthia rose from Alexander the Great and the Greek Empire. 

5 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Mike thinks I don't want him posting here. Personally, he is a God send because he represents all of the lunacy and deceptive tactics employed by TWI. I used to be the same way.

His cult mentality does run into overtime. Playing gotcha is just his latest excuse for not looking at the evidence.

1 minute ago, So_crates said:

His cult mentality does run into overtime. Playing gotcha is just his latest excuse for not looking at the evidence.

His illogic and fanatascism is a good example of what to avoid. Im sure he has been the best advertisement for reasons to not believe wierwille's false doctrines.

11 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Wrong again!

I have no gotcha attitude. 

This is your victimization frame working overtime. Poor Mike everybody is playing gotcha with him.

It gives you a ready made excuse for not considering what others are telling you.

Whatever!

But I do believe in free will and always have, so FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, your comments to me assuming I doubt it, disqualify those from my attention on any discussion.

1 hour ago, Mike said:
  9 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

That's right. And the second is LIKE the first -- Loving your neighbor as yourself is LIKE loving God. They seem to me to fit together seamlessly, reflexively, like a hand in a... One must find out for oneself the deep meaning of the two greatest commandments. It's silly for me to explain it.

Good point!  ...and one I had never considered. And it fits with the First John passages of loving God and not hating a brother that are so intertwined. I hesitate to jump to conclusions, so this is in my Deep Ponder Folder now.

Mike bit in purple.

Seriously, Mike, after all these years - dacades! - you have never considered that loving your neighbour as yourself is like loving God? 

And to make sense of that, you have to put it in a "Deep Ponder Folder" (where you will conveniently forget all about it? :asdf:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Mike bit in purple.

Seriously, Mike, after all these years - dacades! - you have never considered that loving your neighbour as yourself is like loving God? 

And to make sense of that, you have to put it in a "Deep Ponder Folder" (where you will conveniently forget all about it? :asdf:

That is a VAST misrepresentation of what I wrote.
Was it on purpose?

I said I never considered the TWO together as a whole, like Nathan pointed out.   Your Gotcha Attitude gotya back.

Go back and re-read, or stay ignorant and looking stupid to careful readers.

Pay attention this time when I mentioned the grocery store, and my attitude towards people I see there.  The word "grocery" should be easy for the GSC search engine for you (and careful readers) to find it.

LATE EDIT:
The word “grocery” has not been processed by the GSC search engine. It may do that homework late at night. Until then you can what I actually said with no mis-representation on page 11 at the 60% mark, or at:

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/25378-yet-another-take/page/11/#comment-625023

Edited by Mike

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I definitely saw that same rotten attitude grow as the 1980s progressed, more after Craig's installation in 1982, and much more in 1985 as Athletes of the Spirit rose to the level of a major production, and devil spirits became a central focus, assisted by hot girls in multicolored leotards!  

I call that rotten attitude the Way Corps Nazi Head.  It came from the Corps and spread out to non-Corps, especially the Corps wannabees. 

Mike complains about WC Nazis.  Apart from the fact that he's wrong about that, completely, wrong - where does he think such an attitude stems from?  He blames LCM.  But LCM is the creature of VPW.  So who's the head Nazi, then?  Who inculcated this attitude?  It starts at the top.

To claim otherwise is to claim that any dictator isn't responsible for, and knows nothing about, the cruelty and torture carried out in his regime.  Hitler wasn't responsible for Germany's aggression towards Jews, and for the actions of the SS in particular; Stalin wasn't responsible for the purges that took place in Russia; Pol Pot wasn't responsible for the ravages of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.  And Jim Jones wasn't responsible for the deaths of his followers in cult-camp in Guyana.

Sorry, Mike.  Bad attitudes in TWI were taught at the behest of YOUR IDOL, VPW.  

Edited by Twinky

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Whatever!

But I do believe in free will and always have, so FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, your comments to me assuming I doubt it, disqualify those from my attention on any discussion.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

You're desperately trying and failing to hide the fact you don't want to address what I wrote in the rest of the post.

Now, if I were playing gotcha, I be saying Gotcha! right now.

7 minutes ago, Twinky said:

nothing related to this comment of mine here

I put this LATE EDIT notice  on my response to your mis-representation of me above:

The word “grocery” has not been processed by the GSC search engine. It may do that homework late at night. Until then you can what I actually said with no mis-representation on page 11 at the 60% mark, or at:

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/25378-yet-another-take/page/11/#comment-625023

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Pay attention this time when I mentioned the grocery store, and my attitude towards people I see there.  The word "grocery" should be easy for the GSC search engine for you (and careful readers) to find it.

Get a life, Mike.  Please.  For your own sake.  Get a life.  Get a life of genuine service to the community and see what you learn.

I'm done with you. I can't be bothered to meander through your puerile ponderings any more.  You make as much sense as - as catching feathers in the wind.  As much sense as considering the difference in the grains of sand in a cup of sand from the beach.

Go and get involved in real community work.  Volunteer at a night shelter, the local cats and dogs home, or the local litter pick. You could choose a different charitable work to get involved in every day.  Do something more than once; do it several times a week for a sustained period of six months at least.  Do something genuinely worthwhile. 

And then come back and preach at us (if you really must).

1 hour ago, Mike said:

This is a very complicated topic, so if you weren't taking notes during the Determinism thread, and are not taking notes now, you will NEVER sort it out.... especially if you never took a simple Physics 101 course, no calculus needed.

Why would I need take Physics 101? You obviously never did. Otherwise you would know that what lifts an airplane is NOT the particles, as you claimed.

You should take your own advice.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I am curious when your twig leader took the PFAL'68 class, if ever.

1974 or 1975. I would estimate he's sat through that "class" 75 times, or more. He left in 1986, so I beleeve he missed the homo purge, which he would have enthusiastically supported with jackboots on. No one loves to hate gays more than my twig commander. Ever see American Beauty? Kinda like the Chris Cooper character, except hippy.

If you want to understand the concept of sin simplification by way of the greatest commandment, read T-Bone's post up thread.

If you want to learn more about the greatest commandment, who your neighbor is,  read WordWolf's response to me up thread.

I recommend both T-Bone's and WordWolf's posts on this topic as essential reading.

14 hours ago, Mike said:

WHO are you to even have the most minute awareness
of anyone's ability to accurately spot hardness of heart?"

LOL... really? Where'd you learn to answer a question with a question? Did those who so taught you help you recognize the limitations of so reacting?

First, what makes you think I suggested I had or needed to have such awareness? My rhetorical questions did not remark about your ability or inability.

Posing that particular question is not contingent on my awareness of anyone's ability. Rather, your reactionary approach to only deflect (look over there...) REflects your lack of awareness of biblical declaration that it is only God who can examine and determine what is actually in the hearts of humans.

But thank you for affirmatively, or at least by default, acknowledging said lack of awareness of that particular responsibility being only God's.

By all means, continue to post at GSC, but also recognize/realize how easily people can rightfully criticize and take apart what you say. One would think that after 2 decades, you'd be able to learn and adapt what you "hold forth" to actually get better at doing so. But then again, you appear not to have so learned... much anyway. :wink2: :confused:

3 hours ago, Mike said:

And notice, he doesn't limit love to your fellowship brother or your fellow twig laborer or the girl that shares your commitment to some guru -- he says your NEIGHBOR, yourself and GOD. There are no contingencies, no numbers by which to paint, no complex, systematic, theological formulations. It's so simple, yet so, so profound.

Yes, I have noticed that all along, both in the Gospels and in the Epistles and Acts.  

You are 100% right about this. I have posted the same attitude several times lately, that anyone I meet in the grocery store is probably never a "wrong seed," but very likely EITHER a Christian with at least SOME of the Word cooking within, OR they could be a new born Christian TOMORROW.  That is my attitude, and I first got it in the "peace and love" hippie days of the late Sixties that I was a part of. The Word that I was taught confirmed this continually.

It sounds like you don't get it. Please read WordWolf's post on who your neighbor is.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It looks to me now, though, that this point of yours does not nullify any of the simplification explanations that I offered above.  What do you think about that?

I think T-Bone's post sufficiently rightly divides the sin simplification concept. I might take his treatment a step further to consider replacing SHOULD with WOULD. 

12 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

1974 or 1975. I would estimate he's sat through that "class" 75 times, or more. He left in 1986, so I beleeve he missed the homo purge, which he would have enthusiastically supported with jackboots on. No one loves to hate gays more than my twig commander. Ever see American Beauty? Kinda like the Chris Cooper character, except hippy.

If you want to understand the concept of sin simplification by way of the greatest commandment, read T-Bone's post up thread.

If you want to learn more about the greatest commandment, who your neighbor is,  read WordWolf's response to me up thread.

I recommend both T-Bone's and WordWolf's posts on this topic as essential reading.

Ok, thanks, but it was the synthesis of the two commandments in your analysis that got my attention.  I will check them out, though. I am way behind on responding, so I need to take a break, and just read them all to see which are important for my response.

I don't think I lack much as far as UNDERSTANDING the practical applications of both commandments, though, in stark contrast to Twinky's gross misrepresentation of me to the contrary. Every day, though, is a set of challenges to me on this, as it is to us all. Love in a God rejecting world is never easy.

I am very keen on NOT imitating the Corps Nazi notion that now, in this administration, it's ok and even honorable to hate thy unbelieving neighbor or enemy, sincef they aren't in the household.

You got it right, the Homo Haters in the Corps were way over the top and down the drain.

Good news there, though. I had a good talk about the Homo Hating people in leadership with one of the local TWI-4 leaders, an older Reverend.  Though hating gay people was obviously the last thing on his mind, obvious from my rich interactions with him, he did acknowledge that this was a problem for some leaders in the past, but has been fixed internally.