GreaseSpot Cafe

The old PFAL class was shared by an old grad

oldiesman

Just now, Mike said:

I know, and can understand the circling of the wagons after 1986. TWI-2 was hit by one sever crisis after another, some from within and self-inflicted. Both TWI-2 and -3 were in situations way over their heads.  Over and over from 1986 on JUST WHEN THEY NEEDED THE POWER THE MOST it was not there and they made stupid decisions. 

Their ways of handling all the hate directed at them were not efficient, but insularity and suspicion was all they could come up with. I am grateful some finally outgrew the battle scars of over 35 years ago.

I could understand why I could not communicate with them, from 1986 all the way up to about 5 years ago, and just a tiny bit at a time, and now much more these past months.

I'm talking about the early 00s after LCM was ousted.

2 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

It is fundamental to survival and healing. All other tools will be throughly ineffectual if one will not go no contact. IMO.

Shucks!  I hope I am not a pre-mature re-contact for you.
Are you finished with the separation healing process yet?

No contact mainly applies to my ex-wife. It's challenging because we have a child together. No contact also applies to her victor-worshipping family because they lack in depth awareness and perception. They magnify her narcissism because they lack discernment. Again, they choose not to go beyond what they were taught, so they walk in their own destructive blindness.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

No contact mainly applies to my ex-wife. It's challenging because we have a child together. No contact also applies to her victor-worshipping family because they lack in depth awareness and perception. They magnify her narcissism because they lack discernment. Again, they choose not to go beyond what they were taught, so they walk in their own destructive blindness.

Maybe you will someday soon see some lightening of that tension as TWI-4 gets the word out that what happened long ago should not color today's attitudes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

And LCM inherited EVERYTHING from victor. No matter how one parses it, it all goes back to victor, as every English version of the Bible goes back to Tyndale. 

Unfortunately, VPW is what the people want.

1 minute ago, Nathan_Jr said:

And LCM inherited EVERYTHING from victor. No matter how one parses it, it all goes back to victor, as every English version of the Bible goes back to Tyndale. 

I would admit that is a partial possibility.
But Craig was certainly able to hear the adversary's lies on his own, as well. 

But affixing exact blame is a shell game we are incapable of judging.  That is one of the reasons an ECN has no blame it. It just gets it clear and written was was the wrong way and what is the  right way. It is solution oriented.  Too much focus on blame accuracy misses accurate solution opportunities.

The tension is theirs. I never participated in their learned condemnation. The blindness and shallow perception is theirs alone. The desperate, delusional clutching and clinging is theirs alone.

Though I can see, I cannot see for them.  Though I can hear, I cannot hear for them.

2 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Unfortunately, VPW is what the people want.

If they are smart they'd re-direct to want what he taught accurately.

But people are starved for a hero. 
Religious people seek a goodie goodie holy man; same thing.

I have seen with my own eyes for 10 years now how desperate people are for a hero. (long story)  They are willing to take almost anyone who catches their fancy.

I saw VPW worship even in the relatively pure 1970s TWI.  I can see respect and thankfulness, but when someone starts thinking someone has a pipeline to God 24/7 for revelation on mundane matters, it's time to call the cult police. 

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

The tension is theirs. I never participated in their learned condemnation. The blindness and shallow perception is theirs alone. The desperate, delusional clutching and clinging is theirs alone.

Though I can see, I cannot see for them.  Though I can hear, I cannot hear for them.

I am agreeing with you.  I know they have had lots of tension in TWI-2 and -3, and it is only beginning to go away in TWI-4 now.  It takes time to reach everyone I think.

So I was saying THEIR TENSION, the TWI folks' tension, can be going down soon. 

Edited by Mike

I'm not talking about TWI folks. I'm talking about people who can't see over the rim of the soup bowl they're stuck in because they're standing on the shoulders of a dwarf. I'm talking about people who tell the same stories over and over of the good ol days in the '70s. 

My fellowship commander and his family reject LCM and TWI -- or so they claim. They imitate victor only. They refuse to go beyond the inaccuracies they were taught. 

I can't see for them. I can't make the blind man see if the blind man loves his blindness.

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I'm not talking about TWI folks. I'm talking about people who can't see over the rim of the soup bowl they're stuck in because they're standing on the shoulders of a dwarf. I'm talking about people who tell the same stories over and over of the good ol days in the '70s. 

My fellowship commander and his family reject LCM and TWI -- or so they claim. They imitate victor only. They refuse to go beyond the inaccuracies they were taught. 

I can't see for them. I can't make the blind man see if the blind man loves his blindness.

I feel for you. 
It constantly blows my mind how people can be lovey-dovy Christians in the same family of God one decade, and then the next decade forget all about that family bond.

It reminds me of Emo Philips' take on how shallow we bond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fAcxcxoZ8

My fellowship commander and those caught in his orbit, including my narcissist ex-wife, read victor's books and collaterals only. ONLY. They watch the PFAL class over and over. The only propaganda they consume outside of victor's propaganda is network news on TV.

So, it's disinformation on top of misinformation on top of propaganda on top of conspiracy theories on top of inaccurate Bible teachings on top of victor's shoulders.

It's bullshonta and lies and destruction all the way down.

How does it make sense to try to have a conversational style on a thread? (Rhetorical question, I'm not interested in answers to that question)

OTOH, Telling a story in comments on a thread DOES make sense. People are ALL about stories. They are fundamental to human communication and learning.

Trying to have a conversation with Mike is beyond meaningless. It's a waste of time. Tell stories. Don't go back and forth in meaningless chatter with Mike. Please.

I'm not trying to have a conversation with Mike, even if that's what it looks like. I am telling my story. My story is not meaningless, though a conversion with Mike is beyond meaningless, as you so accurately point out.

victor paul wierwille and the family of sycophants I married into destroyed my life. I'm simply putting it all down on the page. One of the main reasons I come here is to sort it all out. To write it all out.

Mike can be a foil, but I have never pretended to be able to persuade him. I am not arguing with him, nor have I.

When I first came to GSC several years ago, I thought it was a pro-TWI forum. I don't remember what thread it was, but it didn't resonate with me. It might have been an incoherent rambling of Mike's. But I had questions. So, I remained in the dark for years before I came back.

Mike's bullshonta and delusions and deceptions cannot stand. I am not arguing or conversing with him. The truth I am telling will resonate with someone else who is trying to sort it out for themselves. The truth I am telling will rise above Mike's deception.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I'm not trying to have a conversation with Mike, even if that's what it looks like. I am telling my story. My story is not meaningless, though a conversion with Mike is beyond meaningless, as you so accurately point out.

You don't have to respond to him or take his bait. I hope you can focus on telling your story. :love3:

• Like 1

Nathan, you could group your posts together and post in My Story if you wish; add more info, too.  It's a non-contentious forum (usually!) that elicits much sympathy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

If they are smart they'd re-direct to want what he taught accurately.

But people are starved for a hero. 
Religious people seek a goodie goodie holy man; same thing.

I have seen with my own eyes for 10 years now how desperate people are for a hero. (long story)  They are willing to take almost anyone who catches their fancy.

I saw VPW worship even in the relatively pure 1970s TWI.  I can see respect and thankfulness, but when someone starts thinking someone has a pipeline to God 24/7 for revelation on mundane matters, it's time to call the cult police. 

Yes people are so desperate for a hero that they will take a charlatan and make a golden image out of him and his work.  Then spend their whole life confining their thoughts to never go beyond that work.

VPW was that man thinking he had a 24/7 pipeline to God for revelation on mundane matters.  

This is the cult police.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Shucks!  I hope I am not a pre-mature re-contact for you.
Are you finished with the separation healing process yet?

Yes we are because unlike you we have gone beyond the collaterals in our minds, consideration, thought and sources.

Once you are able to get the same separation between yourself and your idol you too can expect that healing process to begin.

8 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Wow what a perfect example of how cult Way trees choke out the forest.

Like kudzu.

Family sounds like Corps with the CP#1 principle description there.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Maybe you will someday soon see some lightening of that tension as TWI-4 gets the word out that what happened long ago should not color today's attitudes. 

I would love the lightening of tension if TWI would ever tell the truth.

Truth color looks a whole lot better than that same bland whitewash color

Edited by chockfull