GreaseSpot Cafe

Over 900 men, women, and children serving as Way Ambassadors?

Belle

59 minutes ago, Belle said:

Hey y'all!

I hope you're all doing well! This is surely an exaggerated number? I can only imagine what goes on in the office of The Sydney Daily News when these roll in over the fax machine.

TWI birthday press release

They hide their dismal numbers in the states by including international outreach participants.

Exaggerated which way? Down?

The most important day in the history of histories of religious corporations “drew a crowd” of only 600 people from all over the U.S… AND other countries.

900 dupes completed (completely?) “their nine month tenure” mostly in countries shown to be ripe Petri dishes for cult (political/religious) development. Cameroon? The Congos? Venezuela?!?!

Umm… wow? 

Jesse Duplantis must be shaking in his baby white tiger skin boots.

Hello Belle!  Long time no see!

"Over 900 Way Ambassadors" - could well mean 900 in those African countries - and an exciting TWO in the good ole USA, where doncha know it, the Word is really moving.

As Nathan says: 

24 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

only 600 people from all over the U.S… AND other countries.

Only good thing I can find to say about this article is: they seem to have dropped the phrase "international countries" in favour of "other countries."  Maybe they read our humorous comments here at the Cafe?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

Hello Belle!  Long time no see!

"Over 900 Way Ambassadors" - could well mean 900 in those African countries - and an exciting TWO in the good ole USA, where doncha know it, the Word is really moving.

As Nathan says: 

Only good thing I can find to say about this article is: they seem to have dropped the phrase "international countries" in favour of "other countries."  Maybe they read our humorous comments here at the Cafe?

Fear not! Its on their main webpage.

Outreach

We have fellowships serving the Word of God throughout the United States and in two U.S. territories and over thirty international countries.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six nine hundred.

1 hour ago, waysider said:
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six nine hundred.

Ahh...Charge of the Light Bridage....may as well let Iron Maiden contribute...

• Like 1

"The celebration drew a crowd of over 600 people from all over the United States as well as other countries. Over 900 men, women, and children serving as Way Ambassadors were recognized for completing their nine-month tenure. These individuals reached out with the good news of God’s Word in Cameroon, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the United States, and Venezuela."

" For two weeks, 246 students from the United States and 11 other countries participated in the annual Biblical Studies seminar, the Advanced Class. This is the third of four Advanced Classes The Way International is running in 2023. Other classes were run in the Dominican Republic and Togo, while the final class will run in the Democratic Republic of the Congo."

It's obvious, from the phrasing, that twi wrote this story for them. "In total, hundreds of individuals have received in-depth teaching in God’s Word, further equipping them to live God’s Word and to help others do the same."     No newspaper writes like that, it's unique to twi.

Running the numbers, twi is pushing hard to increase numbers in the Dominican Republic, Togo,  Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Venezuela.   Cameroon and Venezuela are not moving as fast as the others, whether for local reasons or because twi isn't pushing as much.   The DRC was formerly Zaire, IIRC, which makes this an old project for twi.    I remember twi pushing locally in areas of the US, where people who were fresh out of the Foundational class were pushed to take the Intermediate, then pushed to become Twig coordinators, then pushed to try for the Advanced class...     Results varied wildly, but meant a lot of Twig and Branch coordinators were brand-new people. 

Judging from how they're being vague about which are from where, it's obvious twi's hiding that most of the "over 900" were outside the US.  Naturally,  this also doesn't say these people JUST finished their term... they could be recognizing a few years' worth of people all at once by including all of them.

In their "international countries" I was struck by how many of the named contacts (Country Coordinators?) have names that do not appear native to the named country.  Quite a few of the names appear to be African in origin, or a mix of French-African, suggesting movement from a French colony in Africa to another country. However, I also accept that some of those people could be born in the countries named, from parents who had immigrated there.

For RoA in previous decades (before I was around) didn't TWI boast 5-figure attendances?  20,000?  More? 

Low attendance at this Pentecost event shows just how pathetic TWI has become.

I wonder what Vern really thinks?

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

For RoA in previous decades (before I was around) didn't TWI boast 5-figure attendances?  20,000?  More? 

I wonder what Vern really thinks?

Considering the auditorium holds 1500 I would say they were around 900 short...

9 hours ago, penguin2 said:

As far as the US groups, they had two groups. One in Kansas City and another in Orlando.  Don't remember how many were in each group.

So it breaks down to about 8 people in the USA and 892 in African countries and a couple South American countries?

Those numbers tell some kind of story.

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"The celebration drew a crowd of over 600 people from all over the United States as well as other countries. Over 900 men, women, and children serving as Way Ambassadors were recognized for completing their nine-month tenure. These individuals reached out with the good news of God’s Word in Cameroon, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the United States, and Venezuela."

" For two weeks, 246 students from the United States and 11 other countries participated in the annual Biblical Studies seminar, the Advanced Class. This is the third of four Advanced Classes The Way International is running in 2023. Other classes were run in the Dominican Republic and Togo, while the final class will run in the Democratic Republic of the Congo."

It's obvious, from the phrasing, that twi wrote this story for them. "In total, hundreds of individuals have received in-depth teaching in God’s Word, further equipping them to live God’s Word and to help others do the same."     No newspaper writes like that, it's unique to twi.

Running the numbers, twi is pushing hard to increase numbers in the Dominican Republic, Togo,  Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Venezuela.   Cameroon and Venezuela are not moving as fast as the others, whether for local reasons or because twi isn't pushing as much.   The DRC was formerly Zaire, IIRC, which makes this an old project for twi.    I remember twi pushing locally in areas of the US, where people who were fresh out of the Foundational class were pushed to take the Intermediate, then pushed to become Twig coordinators, then pushed to try for the Advanced class...     Results varied wildly, but meant a lot of Twig and Branch coordinators were brand-new people. 

Judging from how they're being vague about which are from where, it's obvious twi's hiding that most of the "over 900" were outside the US.  Naturally,  this also doesn't say these people JUST finished their term... they could be recognizing a few years' worth of people all at once by including all of them.

They just finished up the national construction Way buildings in the old Zaire - Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Two advanced classes there and hundreds of Way ambassadors.

They have been developing the DRC for twenty years or more and have worked through several categories of leaders who all were booted.

This disparity in numbers reminds me a lot of VPs paper he wrote after his India trip on “The Dilemma of Foreign Missions” that stirred up a lot of controversy in his denomination.  His main conclusion in his criticism was that the missionary work was more cultural appropriation of third world countries as opposed to a genuine Christian movement.

Apparently his followers aren’t doing a better job of it but it’s the same old song and dance my friends.

7 hours ago, chockfull said:

So it breaks down to about 8 people in the USA and 892 in African countries and a couple South American countries?

Those numbers tell some kind of story.

Now thats tremendous, super-abundance, prevailingly, as the word moves over the world againn.....to sell PFLAT....oops..I meant PFALT....

19 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Yes...thats the one thing that's unique to them....shameless, dishonest, inflated fluff pieces that double as propoganda and are designed to do little more than sell classes....gotta build the buzz...to build value ya know...class salesman are working hard out there...

12 hours ago, Twinky said:

Yes, >20k some years.

8 hours ago, chockfull said:

His main conclusion in his criticism was that the missionary work was more cultural appropriation of third world countries as opposed to a genuine Christian movement.

In opposition to E.S. Jones' "When in Rome...." type approach.

The Christ of the Indian Road-E.S. Jones/1925

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Now thats tremendous, super-abundance, prevailingly, as the word moves over the world againn.....to sell PFLAT....oops..I meant PFALT....

I wonder if this means they need to move the golden Vic statue named Timothy to the DRC national grounds.  I mean the USA just isn’t as deserving.  Maybe they could make an even bigger one to celebrate the large numbers of ambassadors!

A 20 ft high Timothy statue.  Now we’re talking.  Show those red drapes believing!  All hail the fabulous PLAFFY discovery of millenniums covered thru the ages and available to you for 99.99.  

Maybe they could make one of those illusion VP portraits where the eyes follow you.  What could be better?

On 7/6/2023 at 2:06 AM, WordWolf said:

Not surprising they wrote it.  Many organisations write press releases to send to newspapers and other reporting agencies.  And the newspapers just print it verbatim: abridge if they are short of space; or put a big photo in if they have space they need to fill.  Of course TWI wrote it, that's why it's called a "press release."

• Upvote 1

Not surprising that they are "popular" among young people in DRC.  That unfortunate country is riven with conflict.  Rich in resources, and therefore rich in rivals that want control of the resources.  Net result: impoverished populace, horrendous fighting, dreadful attacks on inoffensive people who just want a quiet life. 

DRC is a nominally Christian country, about 50/50 Protestant and Catholic, with a smattering of other religions.  Clearly those denominations haven't brought peace, so why not turn to something that promises answers, powerful prayer, more harmony in the home [country]?  

https://www.worldvision.org/disaster-relief-news-stories/drc-conflict-facts

But make no mistake.  TWI is as a grain of sand in terms of percentage of population.  Though sand in the machinery of war might not be a bad thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Oakspear said:

Popped in here after checking The Way's website. Way Ambassadors? Is that a retread of WOW Ambassadors and/or Way Disciples? 

Im thinking its an almagam of both.

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2023 at 11:02 AM, Oakspear said:

Popped in here after checking The Way's website. Way Ambassadors? Is that a retread of WOW Ambassadors and/or Way Disciples? 

Let me see.  Well first there was the WOW Ambassadors - at that stage there still is the Bible in the name topic.  Huge amount of hype.

The next name is “Way Disciple”.  Not “Disciple of Jesus Christ”.  Also accurate.  They are selling TWI and Plaffy not the Bible.

Finally it’s just “Way Ambassador”.  We are not even pretending here with title that it has anything to do with the Bible.  It’s just an ambassador for the organization.  Also accurate.

If you pay attention they are upfront about their control and idolatry.  Words mean something.

All the hype and commitment is to the organization and none of it is to the underlying Word of God, the overall body of Christ, or anything related to building virtue - it is all compliance exercises - complying with people who do not speak for God in any sense of the word.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1