GreaseSpot Cafe

docvic's(praise be his name) junk science

Steve!

Interesting thread. I also remember the thing about the snow, as does Ex10. It may be because we were in the same Corps. While we were in rez, there was a guy named Mike Coad, who was doing the college diviz thing. He came to our twig in CA when I had been a WOW, and therefore was somewhat of a friend in rez. He was going to go to school at possibly Texas A nad M as a chemistry major, and he told told me that he was specifically looking into and studying this snow thing. Except that it wasn't "fire from snow", but rather "exploding snow". This guy Mike believed that it must be available if Dr. Wierwille had said it was, and that this is why he went after it. I believe I remember him standing up at the head table one time and talking to us about it.

I am not sure what good "exploding snow" would be, but then again, if we wanted to wipe out the Russkies one winter by making their snow explode.... "Hey what happened to the Soviets? Oh, they sploded"...

Woulda given new meaning to the...Cold...War? icon_wink.gif;)-->

[This message was edited by Jonny Lingo on February 23, 2004 at 23:49.]

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flammable/exploding snow:

Two points to consider

1.Though it was not a subject well known to the average man, it was certainly not hidden from the ages nor was it only revealed to Wierwille as "God gave it to him".

2.Wierwille said he that if he ever revealed it, the World would be thrown into "chaos".

Obviously, his assessment was erroneous.

Here is a link showing that scientists were partially aware of this subject as far back as the early 1800's.

http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies/oil-gas/FutureSupply/MethaneHydrates/about-hydrates/hydrateResearch.htm

Flammable/exploding snow:

. . .

Here is a link showing that scientists were partially aware of this subject as far back as the early 1800's.

http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies/oil-gas/FutureSupply/MethaneHydrates/about-hydrates/hydrateResearch.htm

Martindale had some article in his class on methane hydrates.

When I heard it I was like "ppfft!" Exploding ice ha ha, add methane to anything, see what you can do.

People have been killed by exploding cows . . . because of the methane inside them . . . not the water. You see, the cow's insides coordinate to act as a clathrate . . .

Maybe this one is junk doctrine, not junk science, but I'm on a roll:

The whole concept of "the Word in the stars" is flawed in that the key constellations in this theory appear to be the polar constellations. I do not believe that you can see the north polar constellations south of a certain point (the tropics?) just as we in the northern hemisphere cannot see the Southern Cross.

Oakspear

Of course, you cannot see some constellations - like the Ursa ones - in the southern hemisphere; and as you say, you cannot see the Southern Cross in the northern hemisphere.

The "Word in the Stars" is based on the constellations that are also known as the signs of the zodiac. These encircle the equator and are visible in the southern hemisphere. (Well, I don't claim to be an expert on astronomy; I don't know exactly every star of the zodiac constellations). When I've lived in or visited southern hemisphere countries, I'm always bemused at seeing Orion upside down.

Of course, you cannot see some constellations - like the Ursa ones - in the southern hemisphere; and as you say, you cannot see the Southern Cross in the northern hemisphere.

The "Word in the Stars" is based on the constellations that are also known as the signs of the zodiac. These encircle the equator and are visible in the southern hemisphere. (Well, I don't claim to be an expert on astronomy; I don't know exactly every star of the zodiac constellations). When I've lived in or visited southern hemisphere countries, I'm always bemused at seeing Orion upside down.

Bullinger's "Word in the Stars" teaching, picked up by Wierwille & Martindale, included not only the zodiacal signs, but the polar constellations as well. At one time I thought (while under the TWI spell) that maybe there wasn't any people living in the southern hemisphere in those days! Ah...the good old days of not being required to think!

Wierwille used to always say that "there are no stars in the North" in response to some obscure verse about hanging the empty places over the north or something. He never said what he meant by that since obviously there are stars in the North. Martindale "figured it out" to mean that there were no stars between Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, which he thought represented 'The Mystery. He figured this out by looking at the star map in the back of "Witness of the Stars" where, sure enough, there aren't any stars between the two Ursas. The problem is, that while there are no stars on that quite simple map, and there are no constellation between them, any good stellar map will show plenty of stars, and even a peek at the night sky will show some stars in there, especially if you're away from big-city glow.

Once, after listening to someone teach about this in fellowship, I brought it up. The person who I brought it up to, instead of just looking outside, asked the Region Coordinator, who told him that when the bible was written, telescopes hadn't been invented so that a lot of these stars were not visible then. <_< I was flabbergasted! I suggested that we all go out and look at the sky without a telescope and we'd see the stars! He wouldn't walk 10 feet to check it out, preferring to believe what the Manogawd told him. :CUSSING:

Yeah, Oak, I know. Stoopid, ennit?

We know VPW and LCM got their info from Witness of the Stars; but where did Bullinger get his info? He was a theologian, not an astronomer.

More news from the frontiers of backwoods science [actually this was a proofreader's oversight – or possibly an interpolation - it should read "the WayWoods science" – then news reporting fits like a hand in daddy's cookie jar with a map-and-a-mattress sacknuss and scientology precision].. .

I think this was from the Sunday Night Teaching Tape "Carnal versus Spiritual" by vp:

Psychologists talk about the subconscious mind – they've never been there! It's the mind of the spirit.

Inventions come by way of the spirit. Countries without Christ do not invent. It's not because you have such a high IQ, but because God has such a high IQ.

~~

and some things I remember from Advanced Classes:

Neuralgia cells in the brain respond to the direct application of energy – that's revelation, baby! It's God in Christ behind every cell of your being.

Everything gives off something. If you drove the nails to hang a door with the love of God – a hundred years from now someone walking through that doorway will get blessed.

That's all for now till neuralgia cells receive more distant radio signals from a black hole - - no, no, not the ones up in space - the one in New Knoxville. :evilshades:

channeling it all for you

T-Bone

[Come in Mr. Fletcher. Can you read me Mr. Fletcher? Come in Mr. Fletcher, over. You've flown past the runway several times – you're now 2 hours overdue. Did you fall asleep or something?]

Waysider:

"Dreams are caused by devil spirits who have either gotten through the trap door or are trying to."

Cucumbers will give you dreams, too. So will Ambien, Darvocet-N 100, and numerous other medications. I understand some illegal substances give you flashbacks, but I don't think that's the same thing.

WG

Here's another good one:

SIT can replace the need for sleep.

(That one is actually in PFAL ----- listen closely to session #11.)

uhm.. . isn't it a little scary how much of this stuff we remember :unsure: .. .maybe I could use a little brainwashing about now - I mean that literally.. . or maybe an exorcism.. . or enema.. . or something.

T-Bone - it is scary how much of that is stuffed in the back of our miinds. Sometimes I hate coming here because "it brings it all back" and keeps it on the surface when I'd rather just forget all about it. However, once this junk is on the surface, it can be addressed, properly considered, and despatched into the round cabinet for all time.

To my horror, a few weeks ago I found myself starting to say one of the "junk science" things mentioned in this thread (ie, before this thread started). I kinda petered out mid-sentence and the person I was speaking to (very sharp, quick to pick up oddities) didn't appear to notice at all and has never mentioned it.

Help, I need brainwashing!!

CHRISTIAN FAMILY AND SEX CLASS 1977 SYLLABUS

The original sin, the fall of man and the subsequent consequences.

A. Scripture build-up

1. Trees represent people. Romans 11:24

a. People are the fruit of a relationship. Exzekiel 31:3

2. Clitoris and penis referred to as trees. Genesis 2:16; 3:1.

3. Tree in the midst-represents the life and center of man. Genesis 3:3

4. A tree to turn on = desire. Genesis 3:6.

5. Beguiled = seduced. II Corinthians 11:3.

6. Being deceived = taken in. I Timothy 2:14

a. Adam and Eve sinned. Eve because she was tricked, Adam because he loved Eve.

b. sinned by masturbation - but the sin was treason, not masturbation.

ETC. ETC. ETC.

So how do you handle that? (pun intended)

Edited by taxicab

Something he actually got right.

In CF&S, he stated that the carrying angle of the female forearm is more pronounced than that of the male forearm.

He stated this was presumably to facilitate cradling a baby. Presumption aside, this is anatomically correct.

Something he actually got right.

In CF&S, he stated that the carrying angle of the female forearm is more pronounced than that of the male forearm.

He stated this was presumably to facilitate cradling a baby. Presumption aside, this is anatomically correct.

Or a six pack of beer! :beer:

Here's one from the All Aboard! album (1976)

side 2/ cut 1

"Do The Best You Can"

Emil had just recently discovered that God's Word is God's will.

He believed The Word about salvation,

With power he was filled.

His life was full of love, joy, peace,

Yes, he'd been saved by grace.

But he had an opportunity,

A malignant growth, a sore upon his face.

Emil had been reading in The Word

How in old, elders anointing with oil

And he knew some of that oil

Would heal his cancerous boil.

He went down to the drugstore

And he said to the clerk,

"I want to buy some oil to get a job done.

I know it'll work."

"What kind of oil do you require?

3-in-1, olive, camphor, flax

or is it castor you desire?"

Emil replied, " I don't guess it matters what brand or kind."

"Just give me some of that castor oil kind."

Emil went straight home,

The bottle of castor oil he uncapped,

Stood before the mirror,

Rubbed the castor oil on his face with a gentle pat.

"Lord", he said, "I'm doing the best I can."

"If you'll do your best, I know that I'll be healed."

I 'spose you're wondering what happened to Emil

And that cancer sore.

Emil's doing right nicely

And he doesn't have cancer anymore.

Emil learned something

A lot of us seem to forget.

Believe God, do the best you can

And God will do the rest

(Grammatical errors intentionally left uncorrected.)

Wierwille uses this clever little ditty to "teach" that you can use the "law of believing" to heal cancer.

Mighty dangerous doctrine to promote. (And some people still think this stuff is harmless.)

Edited by waysider

Here's one from the All Aboard! album (1976)

side 2/ cut 1

"Do The Best You Can"

Emil had just recently discovered that God's Word is God's will.

He believed The Word about salvation,

With power he was filled.

His life was full of love, joy, peace,

Yes, he'd been saved by grace.

But he had an opportunity,

A malignant growth, a sore upon his face.

Emil had been reading in The Word

How in old, elders anointing with oil

And he knew some of that oil

Would heal his cancerous boil.

He went down to the drugstore

And he said to the clerk,

"I want to buy some oil to get a job done.

I know it'll work."

"What kind of oil do you require?

3-in-1, olive, camphor, flax

or is it castor you desire?"

Emil replied, " I don't guess it matters what brand or kind."

"Just give me some of that castor oil kind."

Emil went straight home,

The bottle of castor oil he uncapped,

Stood before the mirror,

Rubbed the castor oil on his face with a gentle pat.

"Lord", he said, "I'm doing the best I can."

"If you'll do your best, I know that I'll be healed."

I 'spose you're wondering what happened to Emil

And that cancer sore.

Emil's doing right nicely

And he doesn't have cancer anymore.

Emil learned something

A lot of us seem to forget.

Believe God, do the best you can

And God will do the rest

(Grammatical errors intentionally left uncorrected.)

Wierwille uses this clever little ditty to "teach" that you can use the "law of believing" to heal cancer.

Mighty dangerous doctrine to promote. (And some people still think this stuff is harmless.)

I was involved back then but don't remember the album "All Aboard." Was this a song or a little poem that Wierwille or someone performed? Who wants to hear a song/poem about someone named Emil who has a cancerous growth on his face. Gross!

Edited by taxicab

Quote:

"I was involved back then but don't remember the album "All Aboard." Was this a song or a little poem that Wierwille or someone performed? Who wants to hear a song/poem about someone named Emil who has a cancerous growth on his face. Gross"

The album consisted of Wierwille reciting spoken word over music by Way Productions.

By the time this was released in 1976, Wierwille had stripped the creativity out of the ministry music and replaced it with "music" that would best suit his agenda, which was recruitment of new members via PLAF (The Wonder Class).

Quote:

"I was involved back then but don't remember the album "All Aboard." Was this a song or a little poem that Wierwille or someone performed? Who wants to hear a song/poem about someone named Emil who has a cancerous growth on his face. Gross"

The album consisted of Wierwille reciting spoken word over music by Way Productions.

By the time this was released in 1976, Wierwille had stripped the creativity out of the ministry music and replaced it with "music" that would best suit his agenda, which was recruitment of new members via PLAF (The Wonder Class).

There's a "Used Copy" on Amazon for $19.99.

Edited by taxicab

These have prob been covered here, but here are two of my favorite. Not sure they are quite science but they aren't really doctrinal either.

I think the everything gives off something is a real riot. That is still promulgated today, probably as I type. The love of God being transferred into what you do is a real kicker too. God is love and he expresses that love by giving. So how the hell do I give that love into say a picture, or a doily, or a TV stand skirting, or a .....ya. Vic really must have been hitting the Drambuie when he got the "revelation" for that one.