The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good afternoon all Nostalgics... and Nostalgic wannabes icon_biggrin.gif:D-->!

I'll have a bit more free time on my hands now that Carol and I have carted off daughter number one to college. I still can't believe that we got a a fully loaded mini-van and the contents of the trunk of a Chrysler placed in that girl's dorm room. Her momma went overboard, IMO. We got her not only a new computer (which I put together BTW from componets) but a notebook, too complete with docking port. And both of them networked (and sharing a combo copier/printer) with a broadband internet connection, Ole Miss provided. We carpeted the dorm room. We put together a book shelf, table lamps, a computer stand, a dang TV set and a comfy chair for her to park her tuccas in. Dorm chairs can be so hard doncha' know icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->. It took us hours!!

So... now we're one child short and I'm not at all blessed by it icon_frown.gif:(-->. I might even have more time to hang out HERE!! But I DO have an interesting little ditty that was recorded back in 1968. Way before hardly anyone who made the Lord Of The Rings movies was even born!

But here it is, and I'm posting it SPECIFICALLY for Kathy. Why?? Because she knows the artist who did it. So you go Kathy!! Who is it???? Click HERE!

sudo

Sudo,

Yeah he was a jerk but I loved his almost amazement at the human nature. Similar to both Mr. Spock and Data in his fascination with human nature but his was almost more enjoyable because he would be so bemused at the start then end up being the one most impacted.

Here's some stuff about Q that I thought was neat from Wikipedia Trivia.

In his portrayal of Q, John de Lancie used as his inspiration a description attributed to Lord Byron: "Mad, bad and dangerous to know."

The letter Q was chosen for the character/race name by Gene Roddenberry, in honor of his friend Janet Quarton.

In his first appearance - Encounter at Farpoint, the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation - Q briefly assumes the uniform of a U.S. Marine. Q's Marine uniform and insignia are identical to the uniform worn by a real Marine - Oliver North.

In Star Trek: Borg Q claimed his name was "short for Q".

q.jpg This is poor graphics but I love the pic.