Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cowgirl,

A fishing song, maybe? Maybe that Ray Stevens song, Never Go Fishing With a Man Too Drunk to Fish?? Probably not :P .

You guys knew I was at the Gaylord Opryland this past weekend and I've been wanting to post a tune or tune but have gotten distracted. Paw has sent me another tune, too, which you guys are going to get a big hoot out of. But first...

We loved the Rockettes. We saw them just a couple of weeks ago in New York but we enjoyed them nearly as much at the Gaylord. We also saw Pam Tillis but the Rockettes were my favorite. And this tune was my favorite part of the show. Click HERE! and name Santa's favorite toy. Just what is it the Rockettes are doing to help Santa share it with us now??

rocket2.jpg

sudo

This was one of my all time favourites growing up, in fact I still enjoy it to this day, if I remember correctly it was done in the early 70's, it was definitely a huge hit!!

OOPs, forgot to tell you it's a SONG !

Just FYI, Cowgirl, if it was a big C&W hit it would still be probably off my radar!

George

Okay, we'll try it again........

For Moony and Ted (hope you like my wedding present :biglaugh: )

HERE!

P.S. Jeez, Cathy, you RUINED my excuse for not posting stuff :biglaugh: :P

I'm at lunch now and had to tell ya I think you have your file name funky on this one, but then I'm not clicking it to see if it works as I don't listen to our links here. But I think you may have to change you filename. And :P to you. :D

Also Cowgirl....thinking here real hard.

Oh boy oh boy, have I got one just for you ladies!!!!!! The guys can guess too if they feel so inclined.....here is the 1st clue!

Ladies, I'm going to make this one real easy for you, I know you just can't wait to hear it!!!!

HEEHEE!!

Oh by the way it's a SONG

Puppy%20Marley.jpg

Edited by Cowgirl

I just want you to know that I haven't come up with it yet but I'm sitting here looking at that adorable thing. And I don't mind that it's taking me a few minutes at all. :)

I've gone from Puppy Love (Paul Anka) to Who Let The Dogs Out (Baha Men) just so you know I really am working on it. :unsure:

I'm embarrassed :redface: to guess this one and perhaps this could even be offensive (I do hope not) but does the singer have the same last name as one of our former presidents?

Edited by ChattyKathy

Sushi thanks for the song it's a great one. Moony loved it so much she got the words from the net

and told me Ted that song is about us and she is right on. Thanks again

Hey Chat Kat you are still the super top lady of this thread .Don't the rest of you agree ? Three cheers and toast two beers for the queen of nostalgia.

God Bless You All

Ted F. :dance:

Merry Christmas Everyone!!Thanks Sudo...I wish I could pop in more but...only 2 more weeks to go though.. Anyway, if you click HERE you will find out how the man in the red suit was able to do it all in one night..So gather the kids around the monitor and listen to the story of "Santa Claus and his Old Lady" :evildenk:

Google.com Viewing Topic: The Nostalgia Thread Today, 06:29 AM

Since your search is active around this time I'd like to address the ones that may look here. We're a cool few within the group of people that had various experiences within a group you know well or you'd not be looking.

We welcome you to enjoy with us one of the lighter sides of this joint of which you can find more in other forums should you feel you could use a break from the seriousness of why you've probably come to look.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program. :unsure:

Cowgirl,

Is it a white bear rather than I'm thinking Alaskan type breed. And does this relate...okay so I'm begging for another clue here. :)

Hey, Wasway. Far out, man! Was that LATER Cheech and Chong? Not as edgy as their early stuff, but fun just the same! :D

George

George, it was a holiday single that they released in 1971. I remember having my buddy record it onto an 8 track so I could play it in my car

Gee, Ted and Moony, all ya had to do was ask, and I woulda given you the words. :biglaugh:

Guess I'll be the first to post this (at least, this season).

HERE!

If you need a question, who is credited as being the artist (a clue has been given as to artist)?

Edited by Sushi

Ah, good tune! And of course EVERYONE knows that his name is Ross Bagdasarian!

Oh yeah, you probably know him better as David Seville. :)

LIttle Chipmunks Trivia: The names given the singing Chipmunks by David Seville were inspired by real-life executives at Liberty Records: Alvin Bennett (president), Theodore Keep (engineer) and Simon Waronker (founder-owner) .

Rick