GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

I know this is totally bragging and I should be shamelessly embarrassed but...

Some of you knew my last assignment was with the FBI. And while there I befriended a couple of agents. Well I just got an email from one of them with an attachment and I'm so anal about such things I emailed them back to verify it was from them before I opened it. They replied yes it was. But I just had to brag about my still being thought of on that job I completed in April. I mean to be remembered by the FBI is like cool man!

Okay now I will resume my work with red face...:redface:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Chat Kat;

Wherever you go or whatever you do folks know how good you are about details and etc.

You get the job done Now by heck even The FBI knows they had a winner working for them.

Is your face getting red again? . Oh by the way that wiill be $ 50 :evildenk:

I thought we agreed on $25. B)

And I sent you the cash via email attachment. :D

hmmm...being HAPPY cause the FBI remembers you. What a concept! :biglaugh:

Rick

Scary isn't it! :unsure:

"A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine."

A day without the Nostalgia Thread is like three pages of forum that no one has time to plow through!

I've missed most of the song links, but Ican try to answer a couple of musical questions.

"Syncopation" is like the color orange. It's easy to give examples but hard to explain. As mentioned previously, it refers to accenting a normally unaccented part of a beat or measure. As an example, if an ordinary 4/4 bar sounds like this: DAH DAH DAH DAH, a syncopated measure might sound like this: dit DAH DAH DAH dit, where the accents fall between the beats.

"Dorian" mode has the same notes as a regular major scale, but starting on the second note of the major scale. For instance, playing from D to D, but using a C-major scale, would be D Dorian. Hence, a Dorian scale has a flat third and flat seventh relative to the major scale. It's very common in jazz.

More information than you need: A "Phrygian" scale starts on the third note of the major scale; a "Lydian" scale starts on the fourth; a "Mixolydian" scale starts on the fifth; an "Aeolian" scale starts on the sixth; and a "Locrian" scale starts on the seventh. The major scale is also sometimes called the "Ionian" scale. The "Aeolian" scale is more commonly referred to as a "natural minor" scale. (C major = A minor.)

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

"A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine."

A day without the Nostalgia Thread is like three pages of forum that no one has time to plow through!

George

My hands are on my hips and I have a frown now. What do you mean no one has time to plow through? :D

(the other stuff was very informative, thank you Mr. Focused-Exact-NOT Chicken man-GeorgeStGeorge)

Good job there George!

Although I have since learned a lot about scales and modes just by jamming with people who know all this technical stuff, I really DIDN'T know what syncopated meant. And now that I know, once again, it's something I've been doing for years but never knew the term for it. (Didn't really know there WAS a term for it!)

Doesn't everyone get a little tired of some of the same old Christmas songs year after year?? I'm about up to HERE with "Santa baby.. coming down the chimney tonight". Ok.. its kinda' fun listening to the first 50 times you hear it <_>

But here's one *I* like and am hoping ya'll like as well. In fact.. I like this version a LOT!! Click HERE! and name the famous person singing. And I'd like to bring up another issue right now if that's OK.. Here's the good MP3 version (Click HERE!) and it's a lot better if you have good speakers so why question to you guys is... on YOUR computer.. is there any real difference between the two for you??

sudo

Sudo,

I was listening to both while I snooped a bit. And I thought I could hear a richer sound with the mp3 version.

I don't recognize the voice or song at all I'm afraid.

Moon Girl,

Rick wanted me to let you know he didn't mean to slight you and that he was impressed you got it since it seemed most didn't know the artist.

Sudo,

Do you use the * so you won't have to alter the ' after you transport it here. I hate messing with those dang ' and " once I bring it here.