GreaseSpot Cafe

''Third Aid'' and other TWI catchphrases...

jezusfreaky

Help me out here folks...don't you remember some of these??? Remember ''third aid''?? Gawd forbid you put that bandaid on your kid's cut before you pray first!! Where's your dagum believein' fool???? icon_eek.gif

I remember telling my tc that I hated Florida when I lived there and I wanted to move my family back to Jersey. His response was that I would be ''like a dog returning to his own vomit''...another famous one. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

The ''hedge of protection'' one was probably the most profusely used...got any more???

the one that I still struggle with is .

Is it available? like it is already asumed if you said no YOU have a big problem .

it made me co-dependent I tell ya it did haha .

a answer was determined by who was asking it . because the why it may not be available was never good enough.

today I use

Can you ? Like can you please shut the door?

"No I can not shut the door" ok then and life goes on with respect for one another.

Instead of

Is it available for you to shut the door? and now I better have a darn good reason why not (like my arm is falling off for example) or hear about my failure to believe I could shut the door.

Speaking of third aid. I went to ADV CL "79" and scratched the cornea's of both my eyes. I had worn my hard lenses for to long and was blinded. I had forgotten to bring glasses and spent the whole week legally blind. icon_frown.gif:(--> I told no one of my delima because I knew I would not be instantaneous healed. I could not focus spiritually to believe. no pun intended) The pain was so severe my eyes would tear for hours.

I remember how it was frowned apon to go to Third Aid and I just did not want to be humilated. I'm glad I grew. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->up.

lol yep your cracking me up!

I still get twinges of that mind in me. lol IM ok and clam up when Im really not gotta be strong in the Lord ya know!

but it isnt funny it is freaking self destructive isnt it?

I remember one of the last conversation I had with the LC that marked me , He screamed as we spoke of the situation and I asked him what he would do in my shoes.

He said and I will never forget this it was the end of the game for me .

'WELL I WOULD JUST TELL GOD TO>>> calling all the shots as the mighty leader he was that even God heeded his command.

I realized then I was not going to find a place in the way ministry when I softly said with so much sadness and sorrow knowing it was the end of all ends of my love in twi.

I said

I really am not in a position in my life to tell GOD what to do and/or how to do it but I will be sure to pray to HIm for an answer.

I was marked two days later and cried for almost twenty years over it.

...And NEVER use the word "create"...only God creates doncha know! Today I go out of my way to use the word create..."I created some chile con carne that would burn the nametag off a limb coordinator"...

...And I recall at piffle 77...A guy I knew developed a serious problem...he was spitting blood...didn't know why...went to third aid...they told him to drink water and gave him gold seal tablets...true story!!! A week later, back at home, he was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer.

My alltime choice for most aggravating phrase..."JUST RENEW YOUR MIND!"

If I ever hear someone say that to me again, I will stick my thumb in their eye... icon_mad.gif

Oh, and when they changed from limb LEADER branch LEADER twig LEADER etc to whatever COORDINATOR

And now to househole fellow.... coordinator

If you want to see their waybrains go gaga, start talking about limb LEADER, twig LEADER, etc.

Heck, I'm sure that some of you even react to it still

We had a phrase over here "hot to trot". Made me think of Trotsky or an unfortunate bowel condition known as "the trots". icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

We used to be told to watch movies and look for the "leadership principles." Now I expect we would be told to look for "co-ordinatorship principles.".. icon_eek.gif

Nothing is sacred except "the word."

------------------------------------------------

My core self was open for denile, treated with disregard, labled "the flesh" and had no place in my life. Not sacred enough.

Marrige vows. Throw them away at the drop of a hat for leadership. They must be right and commitment wrong. Not sacred enough.

Sacrfice of family, funds, friends because relationships to all where not sacred enough.

quote:
If you want to see their waybrains go gaga, start talking about limb LEADER, twig LEADER, etc.

They were never "coordinaters". We always called them "leaders".

Guess even twi made it into the world of "political correctness". icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Gosh, I haven't thought about the third aide thing in a long time. . .

Once at Gunnison when we were having those weird games, an elder corps gal snapped her knee in a game of tug of war . . . she just kept right on a goin'.

I still wonder how her knee is to this day!

We rarely went to the doctor in the corps training -- and there were times when we should have for shure! Me included. . .