GreaseSpot Cafe

What Is The Way -- For Those Considering Joining TWI

Bob

I've deeply appreciated Lifted Up's comments on this subject over the years. I maintain my belief that this is most likely a lie of VPW, the first of two snowstorm lies in his illustrious career. You all recall the second lie, don't you?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. He was snowed in while trying to leave Tulsa, after his infamous SIT session -- where he was so impressed on how his minister told his wife what to do and she did it.

That one is verifiable and has been found to be false. The airports were not closed that day. In other words, VIC LIED!

Wow! You sure know your stuff, don't you, Bob Eastwood? wink2.gif;)-->

While I don't doubt the possibility of the snowstorm in September, I seriously doubt the source of the story. He even plagarized the calling that God would teach him the word, why wouldn't he embellish it and make it more dramatic? I just find it hard to believe anything that came out of that man's moouth.

quote:
While I don't doubt the possibility of the snowstorm in September, I seriously doubt the source of the story.

Well said.

The only evidence that it snowed on the gas pumps is that Wierwille said it snowed. All other evidence, while not conclusive, at the very least implies strongly that there was no snowstorm. Had it happened, it would have been unusual enough to attract someone's attention (a summer snowstorm!!!) yet no one reported on it. Wierwille's earlier accounts of the incident did not include it. And Wierwille did lie about a later storm, cementing his lack of credibility.

Is it possible? Yes, it's possible. It's also snowing right now. Right here in Fort Lauderdale. I see it with my own eyes. It's a vision! Go ahead and disprove it.

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

The only evidence that it snowed on the gas pumps is that Wierwille said it snowed. Wierwille's earlier accounts of the incident did not include it. And Wierwille did lie about a later storm, cementing his lack of credibility.

Is it possible? Yes, it's possible. It's also snowing right now. Right here in Fort Lauderdale. I see it with my own eyes. It's a vision! Go ahead and disprove it.

You didn't tell us what promise was given you, which was confirmed with the

Ft Lauderdale snow, nor what inanimate object (like gas pumps) you were unable to

see due to whiteout.

• 9 months later...
Rosalind Rinker died in Redmond, Washington on January 11 at age 95. She had been a missionary with the Oriental Missionary Society, a staff worker for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, and was the author of many books on Christian life, including her bestseller, Prayer: Conversing with God.

She was a keynoter at the very first western (1980) and the second eastern (1981) connECtion conferences of Evangelicals Concerned. The next year, she sent Ralph Blair one of her new books — inscribed: "In memory of our weekend Connection ... Jesus was there too! Love, Rosalind."

In Rinker's Christianity Today obituary (April 22), long-time InterVarsity associate Linda Doll, now with InterVarsity Press, is quoted on the phenomenal influence of Rinker's bestseller: "That classic book taught people a whole new style of praying: CONVERSATIONAL PRAYER. It introduced a new style — more informal and more authentic — to church prayer meetings, campus prayer groups, and even small prayer partnerships." CTnotes that "Rinker conducted prayer workshops around the world."

I've deeply appreciated Lifted Up's comments on this subject over the years. I maintain my belief that this is most likely a lie of VPW, the first of two snowstorm lies in his illustrious career. You all recall the second lie, don't you?

Seems like we are disecting God here.

I know that God can make it snow if even for a minute and do something necessary to encourage a believer. So what's the big deal. I don't belive it's a lie, I've had things like that happen to me, the only difference is it was for me and I didn't build a ministry around it and necessarily share it with everyone.

We had one believer who was of the Jewish faith, take the PFAL class and get born again. When she went outside on a break, the clouds formed a dove. It was so obvious and God did it just for her. There were witnesses present but we all knew it was for WG, she was the one to see it first and we were all grads. It was perfect.

With God nothing is impossible

[WordWolf in brackets/boldface.]

Seems like we are disecting God here.

[No, we're dissecting the claims of a known liar.]

I know that God can make it snow if even for a minute and do something necessary to encourage a believer.

So what's the big deal.

[The big deal is that the man made up "miracles" to cover lies he made,

and put forth he had a unique relationship with God,

and this was the sole source of the information he presented.

Instead, the sources of information were the work of other Christians,

and his "miracle" is a lie.

God does not like lies.]

I don't believe it's a lie, I've had things like that happen to me, the only difference is it was for me and I didn't build a ministry around it and necessarily share it with everyone.

[see, that there is the MAIN difference, twicefold, right there.

vpw claimed in pfal that you don't share what God told you-

unless God tells you to tell them. vpw HIMSELF then spread a story

about himself-which he DID build a ministry around.]

With God nothing is impossible.

[Which is not the same as "With God, the ridiculous is likely."

Look-

vpw made a claim that-in 1953, at the Tulsa convention- he was snowed

COMPLETELY into Tulsa, planes, trains and buses ALL GROUNDED.

There wasn't even a single snowflake in the city at that time.

All weather reports show nice, clear, temperate weather.

When someone checked, saw it was completely false, and called him on it,

vpw shamelessly defended his story, claiming that angels must have

intercepted his supposed phonecall to the airport and LIED to him.

So, either vpw LIED or God ordered an ANGEL to LIE.

Everybody ELSE accepts that angels don't lie-therefore, vpw lied when he

made this claim.

In the late 1960s, vpw began claiming that God spoke to him audibly

in 1942, then later added that God showed him a miraculous snowstorm

in 1942 to confirm God's message.

This is from a man who LATER made a transparent LIE about Tulsa

and a "miraculous snowstorm."

This promise that God supposedly made was that God would teach

vpw God's Word like it hadn't been known since the 1st century

if vpw would teach it to others.

IF a god told him this, it was a god who lacks information.

This supposed promise failed on many grounds.

A) Everything vpw supposedly taught was all known to others and

taught to others as of 1942. So this "hadn't been known" part

was false.

B) God's Word as known in the 1st century was the Old Testament

and a tiny handful of handwritten New Testament books.

There were no printing presses.

vpw's god lacked the historical background vpw himself lacked-

he studied HOMILETICS-not HISTORY nor LANGUAGES.

So this phrase was a MEANINGLESS phrase.

C) vpw did not teach to others the walk of the 1st century.

vpw's god-once again-had the same deficiencies in understanding

church history as vpw-the homiletics student-had.

Compare the practices of the "1st century" to the practices

of twi.

twi centralized authority.

1st century-DEcentralized.

twi was heavy on Bible study and classes.

1st century-a walk, and "regular" miracles.

twi centralized money-all went to hq.

1st century-they took care of widows and orphans locally;

money stayed local unless there was a special collection-

and money went to fill NEEDS.

twi was "my way or the highway".

1st century-even those converts who had persecuted Christians

found a family.

Twi fails miserably to even casually resemble the 1st century church.

The supposed 1942 promise was first claimed in the late 1960s,

and was strictly used to impress the way corps.

Let's not pretend it was otherwise.]

Bob, I imagine if I spent enough time I could pick you apart like that too.

:dance:

Why are still so angry? What is the point?

And The Word of God IS the Will of God, God's Word is truth. It says so of itself.

Selah V.'s future mate.

Janny

Welcome, Janny,

Please read the sticky just under this one started by WordWolf. One of the reasons we're here is to warn people about TWI and that includes dissection of TWI and it's leadership, particularly the evil, dishonest founder. ;)

Hi Janny,

Your post struck a nerve to me. That is exactly what I thought when I first ran into anti twi web sites (just get over it people). I was asked to go look at different parts of the web site and take it for what is was worth. I left in 1986 and I found my first anti twi website in 1999 it was called Way Dale. I thought twi was still an okay organization when I left in 86. I read Way Dale and had to decide what was right and whether I wanted to believe it. There were to many storys that were so alike that I had to summerise a lot of the ex wayfers were telling the truth. I read about rapes and spiritual abuse among other things.

Some here (me included) "pick apart" twi and their leaders. Why? It is because of how Godly they appeared to be and told us they were. From the very start you will read where twi was not very Godly. In fact very evil at the top. Now as happens the "joe believer" were some of the best and smartest and most could not love God more. Had most of us had known how evil twi was most of us would never join such a rotten place.

I want people to know how bad twi is and why and want people that are still innies to know it is ok to leave and they wont be devil possesed and have an awful life.

Yes Janny, there is the truth of the Word of God outside twi with people that believe it and practice it.

Read around Grease Spot Cafe and make your mind up and maybe you will see we want people out of that place and not to join that place.

Edited by justloafing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi

I'd like to make one othe rcomment while i'm thinking about it,

There was a point that i asked the same thing ,WHAT IS THIS MESS ,AND WHAT ABOUT THE BLESSINGS?

The smart mouthed answer of B*** M**** was " The blessing was the presence of the man of god , and the grant of prayer was his preaching, anything else just forget it".

That sums TWI up as about the most conceited and warped con and cult going , outside of full satanism.

They are as i have said before into nothing but their fanatic pyramid scheme of pomp, power, and gain to the top few. I sat there one night while L*** G**** , one of the Martindale family inlaws , fight with his wife almost to violence , over that fact that she had a peice of furniture that was too valuable/ important to sell and sent the money to Craig Martindale for the staunching of their funds. In nut case rage he ranted, "nothing is more important than the Man of god and his being provided for!!" To the point people wer going to leave the meeting so they could get violent in peace. and his wife had just got to the point of telling him off, and saying there was no argument , No! oh then it went off!! he would'nt be told NO when he was reprooving her into doing his intention. Finally two of us told him either back off it, or we were cancelling the meeting, just insensed that some thing was not going to be converted to cash and sent to headquarters. All in the programing of NOW IF YOU WERE AT HEADQUARTERS AND WANTED A PAY CHECK

THEN WOULD"NT YOU WANT SOMEONE TO FIGHT LIKE THAT FOR YOU, get the idea???

Mind program every minute of every day, and you don't get with it you're out.

Thanks,

connerron :asdf:

Edited by DooWap

• 1 month later...
Bob, I imagine if I spent enough time I could pick you apart like that too.

No you couldn't. Bob doesn't claim to be speaking for the one, true, all-powerful, god. Nothing to pick apart.

Angry? What gives you that idea? A critiscm of someone's outlandish claims comes off as anger?
And The Word of God IS the Will of God, God's Word is truth. It says so of itself.

Every religion has writings claiming to be the will of god and all truth. What makes whichever one you're refering to so special?

For instance, I remember hearing reports in the media back in the mid-seventies that VPW was screwing hoards of women in the Way Corps. However, that same source ALSO made the outrageous claim that the Wierwille silo held a missle and that the barn housed tanks and ammunition because, they claimed, we were a paramilitary organization.<BR><BR>I had been in the Wierwille barn, and seen the silo. There was no missle in the silo and the only thing in the barn besides give-away was an old Ford tractor. I was also in The Way Corps and Dr. Wierwille had not made any advances towards me. So guess who I believed?<BR><BR>Why?<BR><BR>Too much dog .... in the brownies, folks.<BR><BR>IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.

This is from back some, but Catcups posts early on this thread well fir my desire to learn more through accounts, as opposed to rhetoric which can easily be discredited. I wonder if this case catcup pointed out had anything to do with the claim the VPW was actively seeking nuclear weapons...a claim made by an occasional visitor to GS from another forum under one of his several aliases.

I think when Catcup talks about hurting credibility, she had in mind the sexual abuse subject, perhaps among other things. And whether it be someone new looking at TWI, or an oldie like me doing a search, credibility is important. Unless we are going to say within our own comfy circle, not caring what thoise outside of it think.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi am new here. never heard of "The way". How come I never heard of it in new york. I heard of the PTL with jim bakker and jessica hanh. I have heard of scientology. a tradegy happen many years ago when some guy. jumped out the window. what is about the way?

Hi am new here. never heard of "The way". How come I never heard of it in new york. I heard of the PTL with jim bakker and jessica hanh. I have heard of scientology. a tradegy happen many years ago when some guy. jumped out the window. what is about the way?

You can get plenty of opinions and info here, starting with this thread. But obviously you got here somehow...did someone direct you here, or did you see something on another website that steered you here?