GreaseSpot Cafe

Phrases we hated as an innie

red

I'm looking for a list of all the no-no words.

We all know of words and phrases that we could not use the way that everyone outside the way could.

create

hope

faith-if used improper

charity-who said they had the right to redefine that?

mystic

deja vu

Christmas

My mother has returned to the way. She says it is better and nicer and all that. Personally I haven't seen much change. I think she's wearing rose colored glasses that will be exposed after she has been around long enough, after all she hasn't taken the new advanced class so they have to keep being nice or she might not keep buying their silly classes.

She knows that way trigger words still bother me a lot. They bring up really bad memories.

I've asked her to try not to use them around me.

However, she thinks that using them is somehow winessing to me, and a good thing. She says they are comforting to her and she loves sounding like the other people at fellowship.

To help her understand that there are things I don't like to hear-I want a list of as many words and phrases that she wouldn't dare get caught saying.

Then when she bends and manipulates conversations to add trigger words. I can counter with words like Christmas, creative engery, jinxed, ect.

Pot luck dinners

Deviled eggs

bet - we don't gamble icon_wink.gif;)-->

create

wish

good luck

don't cross your fingers

available - i avoid this one at all costs

opportunity - gag me

sodomites - we were told not to call them homosexuals because it was too nice a term

blessed

happy hearts day

ho ho relo

household holidays

bless you

greetings

Jesus Christ - I try to just say Jesus now

Roman Catholic - I try to just say Catholic

rank unbeliever

egg sucking world

empty - as in an empty floating by

"Would it be available for you to abundantly share some of your time and talents by coming over with your pick up truck and as the mystery in motion help me move from my apartment where my landlord, a lady straight from the pit has recently kicked me out because she can't stand the light of the Word? And I mean, we really need to move The Word....."

Translated into "old English".

Look, I got kicked out of my apartment because I wouldn't pay my rent. Will you bring your truck over and help me move?

Excathedra, you kill me. You are so "dry". I laughed really hard when I saw your "non Way appropriate" word: "goddammit". Too funny!

The number one word to get a wayfer (or anyone else of similar mindset) sent spinninginto shock is ..... (drumroll please).......

NO

I know you would be blessed to bake 3 dozen cookies for tonights meeting (which is in 1.5 hours abd clear across town) NO, sorry just dont have the time or ingredients

I am just witnessing to you --NO I don't want to be "witnessed" too if you persist It is time for me to leave

to the manipulative in the world, NO is a very scary word -- NO, given with resolution and firmness, leaves no wiggle room--it is a rock of Gilbralter that stops the offending party cold.

Above all do not fall into the trap of explaining NO. NO needs no explanation it is a reason of it's own. YOur reasoning is your business.

Please understand that these words are intended for use with the hardcore, high pressure "salespersons" amoung us. Those, who like your mother, know what they are doing is offensive but somehow feel it is their right to be offensive.