GreaseSpot Cafe

Baseball (the talkin' sport)

Tom Strange

I would have loved to seen LA's Wrigley Field. It was part of the fun of that 'Home Run Derby" show that was filmed in the late 50's.

When they closed off Angels Stadium, it became one of the ugliest parks in baseball. That open outfield with the big A was great.

Fortunately, the place had an amazing makeover when Disney owned it.(I'll never understand the rocks in center field, though).

I would have loved to seen LA's Wrigley Field. It was part of the fun of that 'Home Run Derby" show that was filmed in the late 50's.

When they closed off Angels Stadium, it became one of the ugliest parks in baseball. That open outfield with the big A was great.

Fortunately, the place had an amazing makeover when Disney owned it.(I'll never understand the rocks in center field, though).

I think, somewhere back on the depths of this thread, after I posted that about being at Wrigley Field in L.A., someone found and posted an old photo of it shortly after.

Courtesy of those demystifying people at Google:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck and have an enjoyable season everyone!

The Onion has a report on the new renovations to Fenway:

<object width="480" height="430"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf?&videoid=17185" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="430"flashvars="videoid=17185"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/articles/video,17185/">Red Sox Announce Plans To Return Fenway To Original 1912 Conditions</a>

I have no shame durn it . . .

<marquee><blink> Let's GO Red Sox!!!</blink></marquee>

I dedicated a song to you on the song thread. . . . but here is one more. . . . I also have no shame.

Good luck to all the teams. . . . Good luck tonight Hiway29. . . .I know you love those Yankees! :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Winter IS long. I guess I'm still being sensitive to this being a Sox fan site. Everyone but mstar disappeared during the series last year, so this site was clearly not the place to share my enthusiasm. Even some 'Yankees s#ck' posts would have shown that people were at least looking in.

Winter IS long. I guess I'm still being sensitive to this being a Sox fan site. Everyone but mstar disappeared during the series last year, so this site was clearly not the place to share my enthusiasm. Even some 'Yankees s#ck' posts would have shown that people were at least looking in.

I was looking in . . . . I just didn't have anything to add. . . .I know the Red Sox, a little about the Twins, and some baseball . . . but, if it makes you feel better. . . . . Yankees do suck!

JUST PLAYING!! :)

And I am trying to be sensitive to it being heavily Red Sox here. . it is just, they make me really happy. . . .

Edited by geisha779

Oops, to add. . . . even when the Yankees win. . . .I will enjoy your enthusiasm! Hey, it is all baseball.

That was strange. . . .I quoted myself instead of edit. . . and they earned a gloat or two! :)

Edited by geisha779

ok-I've had my apparent annual Sox vs Yanks rant. I'm done.

Let's just all enjoy the season.

Besides, I've got to start wondering about the Dodgers, too, now ! I never imagined getting involved with them, but when you live in the neighborhood....

and I did REALLY enjoy last year !

Yeah the phillies seemed a little flat . . . It coulda been a more dramatic series . . . IMO. The Yanks were hot the phils were not . . . oh well.

With them and the Lakers winning I think I was just generally irritated.

(except Lee in the first game . . . don't know what happened after that . . .)

But even I gotta admit that 2004 made up for a lot of their pain, and I give the Sox props for all they've accomplished.

I do acknowledge that they broke the Curse of the Bambino in 2004. But then here we came again in 2009!

The history, the tradition...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTjWbhAxz4

The NY Yankees don't suck.

I know it must be tough on you guys. Bucky Dent's home run in 1978, Babe Ruth, the 27 (or is it 28?) world championships. Heck, even our 2nd team (the Mets) beat you in 1986. It's painful, I know.

Soul Searcher,

Nope, that curse is broken baby, and there ain't noooo going back. . . . and gee, I only said the "Yankees suck" because . . . well . . . because .. . . um . . . . hiway29 asked me to.

Yeah, that's it.. ...it made him feel better. . . . I was being nice. . . . "Yankees suck" is a term of endearment.

When I wear my "Yankees Suck" baseball cap. . . . it is really to lift the spirits of all Yankee fans. (Seriously, I only wear it to cut the grass.)

Why, we hear it around these parts all the time. Yankees suck. . . . sounds a little like, Have a Nice Day. . . .

BTW PLEASE learn the correct way to say Bucky Dent's name. . .. it is not Bucky Dent, it is Bucky F%&*#$@ Dent. At least the way I have always heard it.

Is that not the correct pronunciation?

Okay, I too am done for the season. . . . glad you have company hiway. . . .dang, I knew SS was a Yankee fan!

Twin vs Angels tonight. Go Twinkies.. . . I have to say that . . .married to a Twins fan.

Edited by geisha779

Just checking in to let you know I am a Cubs fan,

I have always been a Cubs fan

I will always be a Cubs fan.

It's just like that,... Yanno?

So don't never go starting nothing with me about how many World Series MY team has won

Oh and I hate the White Sox and uhm,..... traditionally, the Mets,...

...but seriously, the Cubs usually do pretty good till the All-Star break

...then they fall apart...

...Yanno?

I sure do.

I dont think anybody in the world, any one with a soul--well except Cards fans and the odd Brewers fan, doesnt want to see the Cubs win..That'll be the next BIG BIG happening in baseball--sort of like Man walking on the moon...or Jesus Christ resurrecting from the grave.

If they ever win I think a choir of angels should descend from heaven to present them with the World Series Trophy

Why, we hear it around these parts all the time. Yankees suck. . . . sounds a little like, Have a Nice Day. . . .

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

True enough--My doctor, my doctor! can be in the middle of explaining some 15 syllable ailment and let it out with a smile.

Im just happy to know that their middle relief has holes and Matsui and Damon are gone. If I were a Yankee fan Id be concerned about that. I dont know if Nick Johnson as DH will ever match the production of those two

It's time for a little trash talkin'...

Nope, that curse is broken baby, and there ain't noooo going back. . . . and gee, I only said the "Yankees suck" because . . . well . . . because .. . . um . . . . hiway29 asked me to.

LOL Yeah, uh-huh.

When I wear my "Yankees Suck" baseball cap. . . . it is really to lift the spirits of all Yankee fans. (Seriously, I only wear it to cut the grass.)

Don't ever wear it to Yankee Stadium. NYers aren't very polite.

BTW PLEASE learn the correct way to say Bucky Dent's name. . .. it is not Bucky Dent, it is Bucky F%&*#$@ Dent. At least the way I have always heard it.

Is that not the correct pronunciation?

I though it was pronounced "Who's-your-daddy?"

I can tell that it's going to be an interestng summer. :)

Oh, and I almost forgot: thank you for Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens, Johnny Damon and Babe Ruth. They all helped us win a few WS rings. (To be honest, I always hated Clemens, even as a Yankee.)

Edited by soul searcher

. . .

Don't ever wear it to Yankee Stadium. NYers aren't very polite.

. . .

I bought my T-shirt at Shea.

---------------

Met a dude yesterday whose mom was on the Rockford Peaches back in the 50s. (At least that's what he said)

Didn't know they lasted that long. They're gone now I guess . . . hope nobody cried.

. . .

. . .

didn't he own men's clothing store or something?

S&K looking better every day

Edited by Bolshevik