GreaseSpot Cafe

Good Morning Mr. Linder

Ham

Maybe the night shift matched his zombie type personality, not that it necesarily caused it..

1. Unapproachable at day..

2. Socially unaccceptable, OLD married man, chases blondes, in broad daylight..

Maybe the "night shift" was the best thing for all parties. Just let him wear himself out prantzing about the woods and corn fields at night..

All they'd have to do is put up a sign, "beware of der Linder"..

:biglaugh:

Not the night-shift people I know....

WW,

Are we talking about people with real jobs, who work hard, providing a real service that actually helps people (or possibly provides an actual paycheck)? Or are we talking about someone who sits up all night waiting to receive divine revelation that will help protect the movement of the Omnipotent's Word from drunk teenagers with paintball guns? :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think he's a nice guy at all. The only time I saw him go out of his way to appear friendly is to skinny blondes of whom he thought he might get a piece. All other times, he was just a straight-faced way zombie. I honestly didn't see a ministry working in Mr. Linder. He was too busy putting on his bad @$$ face. That's what I saw for the 5 years I saw him in action.

I think I know what you're talking about. I saw a lot of those faces.

Excathedra asked:

WHAT ?

when was this ?????

This happened in 1986 or 87. I do know that it was just before the first big exodus when LCM issued his "Big Letter" demanding allegiance. I drove to HQ to pick up a truck that I'd purchased there during the Rock, but had left in the care of Max Morgan, a friend of mine. This was about three weeks or a month after the Rock. And when I got there, there were a number of weddings to be performed as it was the first weekend where weddings were allowed at HQ after the Rock. Apparently there was a policy where weddings weren't allowed there for a certain amount of time before and after the Rock. And so, this was the first weekend when weddings could resume there, and there was a fair amount of visiting clergy there.. Apparently, there were people on the field who had a desire to be married in Mecca (oops I mean at HQ), and they would ask their LC or some local clergy person to go with them to do the honors at HQ. Maybe they did it in the BRC? Maybe that was the draw.

And so. There I was. I showed up at HQ with a friend who drove me there who was going back in for his last year in residence but had been home in Maryland to get some dental work done. I'd showed up with my sea bag (small hand carry deal), with nothing more than a couple pairs of blue jeans and some t-shirts. No suit, suit bag or briefcase (thank God!-I hated alla that!) for, I was only there to pick up my truck. But when I signed in, the person where I signed in recognized me as a clergy guy, and got me a nice room in Mr. Linder's "unit" which is on HQ grounds. John was away fishing up north somewhere, and so I had his trailer unit deal to myself, or so I thought. And, while I was there, they sent that girl over to live in the room across from mine, to be my "hand maid" or whatever, and the incident I cited ensued. I think she was really embarrassed when I turned her down. It was weird and surreal to me, for I didn't believe things like that happened in The Way. It was the beginning of many more eye opening experiences. Mind you, this was all just before the Great Purges began, and I have always wondered if that was a ploy to get me "on board" and "in debt" to LCM by taking what think of as a "bribe" by jumping into the cess pool of pleasure with them. I didn't think that then, but I certainly did later. I didn't know what to think then, for it was Way confusing to me. Pun intended.

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Makes me wonder how many succumbed who we will never know about. I would think that you never would hear a word of it.. hardly a thing you'd want to reveal to wife and kids..

sheesh.

I hear this is common in other cultures, seal a business deal with the "gift" of a prostitute..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

. . .

But when I signed in, the person where I signed in recognized me as a clergy guy, and got me a nice room in Mr. Linder's "unit" which is on HQ grounds. John was away fishing up north somewhere, and so I had his trailer unit deal to myself, or so I thought.

. . .

So, Linder wasn't in on it then?

Ya know Excie, I was never after all of that. I only wanted to serve God's people. I was shocked when it was evident as to what was happening. And so, even though I may seem to be a caveman to you, I am not that bad of a guy. I have been married for 23 years, my kids (God help me with my second set of teenagers!) are pretty well adjusted. I am pretty conservative, but not so rigidly so. And, I am thankful that I have not been through so many of the trials that so many who have survived. The Way Ministry gave me a number of GOOD principles to live by. But, I no longer live by all of them. Sorry Ex, if I upset you so. I seem to do it all of the time. :( Send me a PM if you want to talk...

Kevin

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Boy Jonny. I wish I could say that that kind of thing happened to me every night, sometimes with two or three young Italian American girls and sometimes a few swedes thrown in. Not only that but while I was walking a few female security officers stopped me and wanted to whip out there handcuffs and give me a demonstration of how they worked.

But I can't

You were cool though for turning it down. I give you my thumbs up.

In his defense, he worked the night shift for 8 years. That'll make anyone cranky and zombie-like.

chasing blondes was he? Dude has three daughters. wonder if he's suddenly and ironically changed his ways. :biglaugh:

Was he above renewing his mind?

Oh yeah, that's right. The motto of TWI leadership is: Do as I say, not as I do. Lowly wayfers have to eat crow and get face meltings, but leader.... is to be esteemed HIGHLY in every regard no matter how rank their personality is.

OH no. The "renewing of the mind" is of course, after the fact.

Probably wife, family, girls hit on, and the possible witnesses herded into some dark room in the OSC and threatened not to think evil or something..

Oh yeah, that's right. The motto of TWI leadership is: Do as I say, not as I do. Lowly wayfers have to eat crow and get face meltings, but leader.... is to be esteemed HIGHLY in every regard no matter how rank their personality is.

I'm not trying to argue. He's a wimp.

• 1 year later...

hey linder,

gone "to bat" for anybody lately?

you are up late a lot, like maybe, a bat

you've got such a big heart, . . . like, maybe, a wolf?

wolves are cool.

kinda funny though, how you like wolves? wolf in sheep's clothing?

get it?

ha!

• 1 year later...