GreaseSpot Cafe

limb leaders homes

just wondering about the homes past limb leaders have lived in thanks to our abs?

in my 10 plus years i remember one liveing in a beautiful chalet right on the ocean in maine [primo property]

another in an old farm house that was on the national regester of historical places that was restored to perfection

another in a beautiful estate out side our states largest city

seemed a little much for me at the time when most of us were living in modest homes or apartments

The Moneyhands mostly lived in neighborhoods the bulk of us could only DREAM of living in and they friggin moved every year! They taught about travelling light, but their example was far from it!

It took the whole branch and two huge moving trucks to move them. Ridiculous! And Bob refuses to eat on paper plates, so while everyone else used plastic utensils and paper plates in the few days before the big move, Bobby had his china and sliverware for HIS food. :rolleyes:

To give them credit, they DID have Angel* C*pillary living with them most of the time and an additional roommate at irregular intervals. Even so, they lived at a standard much higher than the average joe in their limb.

Yeah, & the moneyhands even had R*m*na Ha*nig B*don living with them ~ 08/1992 to 08/1993. I wonder what services she provided for B*b, whether herself, or by way of procuring, just as in her sold out committed service to martinpuke.

Was that B*b that said, "Spread the word, the word is legs?" :o

Yeah, & the moneyhands even had R*m*na Ha*nig B*don living with them ~ 08/1992 to 08/1993. I wonder what services she provided for B*b, whether herself, or by way of procuring, just as in her sold out committed service to martinpuke.

Was that B*b that said, "Spread the word, the word is legs?" :o

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

It's sad that it's probably true. I saw moneyhand's house in 2001. It was very extravagant IMHO. I couldn't believe that our abs was paying for his holy highness to live so well. I guess so many years of kissing arse paid off for him. I'm sure he has a nice house in the UK as well.

A gorgeous home on 2 acres next to a lake. Huge rooms, fully equipped kitchen including a Jenn Aire. We the peons were blessed with the task of thoroughly cleaning this house twice a year. They lived in filth, I remember kitchen cupboards so encrusted with grease and sticky stuff it took the gal cleaning them almost three hours. JennAire container overflowing with congealed grease.

The next leader had a smaller place but still very nice, brick fireplaces, lovely rooms and furnishings in a very nice neighborhood. Almost everyone else lived in Apartments, Mobile homes or in much older neighborhoods in less desirable parts of town

Funny how that was, wasn't it? <_<

I recall two different times BLs moved. Seemed like they weren't happy enough where they were, had to have something better.

One time the BLs moved, and I always liked their first house better. It was a big house at the end of a long driveway, with lots of pine trees all around. It was "too dark" so they had to move. Second house was boring, had no character.

I had the privilege of sweeping the roof of first house and got stung by wasps.

Bunch of spoiled elitists, now that I look back on it. Good luck to them that now have to actually pay their own rent/mortgage. (like the rest of us).

ok ok

I know that this was a big issue at one time, so they all were told to live in more modest homes.

Most did move into less expensive homes, and a lot of leaders always had folks living with them.

Besides, they were suppossed to "manifest the more abundant life", right? ;)

In the late nineties our limb coordinator did have a more modest house than the guy before him. Guy before him--rent maybe 2500/month? New guy, rent 1500/month ?-- 5 bedroom ranch with walkout, fire place, kitchen island, nice neighborhood. Still, a much nicer house than anyone else lived in except the family with the trust fund and big inheritances.

We the peons were blessed with the task of thoroughly cleaning this house twice a year. They lived in filth, I remember kitchen cupboards so encrusted with grease and sticky stuff it took the gal cleaning them almost three hours.

Mo --- ya shoulda *blessed* them by cleaning 6 times a year!

(Less intensive work and easier for you all!!)

duckingggg............... :biglaugh:

I remember when all the leaders were required to move into more modest homes. It wasn't because it presented a double-standard. It all had to do with LCM draining the coffers to pay all the corps full-time. They simply couldn't afford those expensive houses any more.

I remember when all the leaders were required to move into more modest homes. It wasn't because it presented a double-standard. It all had to do with LCM draining the coffers to pay all the corps full-time. They simply couldn't afford those expensive houses any more.

It figures.

God forbid that the bot/bod would actually stop spending money

like they had Bill Gates' piggy bank.

So, the cuts were made everywhere else.....

I remember them all having cable and some had satellite when we were all foregoing cable TV because it was an "unneccesary" expense. :rolleyes:

Bobby Moneyhands belonged to a community pool and Dottie took dancing and art classes. Most of us would have loved to, but were unable to afford those kinds of things. They also took nice trips we could only dream about. Dottie and Linda McDuff** took trips together, too, but not as frequently.

With the abs money the ministery bought a beautiful house in the suburbs a 300, 000 us dollars house. Very confortable, that was a Way property and was stolen like the other Way things during the fog years. Due to that the abs money go to headquarters to The WCU. In several diferent countries of the word, The Way have very good things. Land, a Castell, houses. The Way Corps live ok.

Just curious-

were those trips like Donna and Rozilla took, with the one suite with the single

bed, or just normal extravagant trips?

Or was it unclear which?

Come on now, everyone goes on vacation!! Everyone needs one too, especially the Corps who hardly got time "off".

Rosie even goes sailing in the Carribean. She has a boat that she sails every weekend. I think it's docked in St. Mary's.

When I found that out only 2 years ago or so, I couldn't believe it. Here I was "renting" a house, and trying to save for one, but always wanting a boat too! I was resolved to never have one!

Glad that brain FART is OVER :dance:

How may times did we see this type of thing happen, where the leader(s) go off for vacation (sometimes with an attractive gal to help with "set-up"), go to art classes, ballet, baseball games, have cable TV, a nice car & home, seemingly an endless supply of funds, special "perks", etc etc etc...

And all the while, we, as good wayfers, fought with our "renewed blind, err, mind" to not think evil of these special perks and the like, that the leader(s) MUST have some godly reason as to WHY they NEEDED these things, and the lowly us really DIDN'T. That if WE ever moved into a nice home, or bought a NEW car, or signed up for evening billiard tournaments, or spend a few hours at the golf course, etc etc etc, that WE wouldn't just be QUESTIONED about such things, we'd be SCREAMED at, threatened, belittled openly, etc.

If we do ANYTHING other than quit jobs to go to corps week/ROA, go to or run some ministry event, go witnessing, etc, we were way off the Word, we were reproved, rebuked and ridiculed. In short, we were effed up.

But the leader is right. I'm all effed up and HE is standing in the gap, which is why he's so tired and needs these things, because of me and my petty, selfish, earthly desires. When the eff am I gonna get some "spiritual backbone"???

Here am I!! Send ME!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of things....

L McD and Do**M have been friends for years, just friends is all.

Moneyhands were LC in NC 1992-93. That was indeed quite the place! I don't remember anyone living with them, but I remember a formal guest room with a book to sign and write a note of thanksgiving for the privilege of staying there, which we did one night when taking some class or other to qualify for FWC. We actually got sleep in the same bed with LCM had utilized during his stay in the Limb Home.

They made a big point about LCM slept here.

Greenes had rented the house when they were LC and B&DM kind of inherited the lease from them. It was a really nice house with a big kitchen and a family room with a big TV, for then.

WG

Just to clarify - the only reason I mentioned the trips Dottie and Linda took were to point out that the WC frequently travelled and went on very nice get-aways that the average TWIt could only dream about. I never had the impression that they were anything more than very good friends. REAL FRIENDS which is something you very seldom saw in TWI.

I actually liked Linda a lot and always enjoyed it when she was in town and I got to spend time with her. I understand that she already had a lot of money on her own and so whatever she did was because she actually had the means to and it didn't come from taking advantage of the TWIt payroll. Bob & Dottie, on the other hand....

Oh yeah Tom T.....I remeber getting SCREAMED at by my LC for having a horse and dog (I was in a sheriffs reserve mounted unit and my dog was a tracker)

He was LIVID that I had a bird and a couple hamsters recovering in my room in the way home I lived in (I worked in a pet shop and used to take care of the animals that were going to be killed because they were not sellable and find homes for them)

I was terrified at the tirade that he indulged in and how evil he viewed these *distractions* from my corpes commitment ....

Now mind you.....it was ok for him and the rest of the men in the state to have a fishing days or spend an afternoon watching ball games together....but let me volunteer a couple hours a week at an animal shelter or working for the sheriffs dept to raise money for kids and I was just plain evil...I was told that I was actually robbing from God :o

Suuuure , it was ok for the lc`s to have great homes, nice vehicles, and indulge in the activities that they personally enjoyed.....but any time any of us tried to do that....we were *stealing from God* because our time or the money spent or gas used should have been utilized for the outreach of God`s word....

Do you know that my tc once demanded that I sell him my car before I left for the wow field?

He said that HE being leadership needed it, He said that I didn`t need the responsibility or expense... he also indicated that if I went against God`s will and took it.......it would not be God`s will and so I would never make it to the wow field anyway.....

I HATED having to give up my car that I loved :(

I recall the Arkansas LC, a Mr. B*ll S*g* living in a house that wasn't typical of the average Arkie. It had a small plaque stating it was built by Way biuilders for the limb of Arkansas.

There were two huge, ultra fine houses across the cul de sac from each other in an upscale suburb of North Little Rock called Maumelle. BS lived in one and MH in the other. I'm not sure if they were co LC's or if MH was the assistant LC.

When BS was sent somewhere else, MH took over and was appalled that I should have 18 acres in the Ozarks. MH insisted that if I were to ever attend fellowship again, I MUST leave here and move down to Little Rock and share an apartment with other believers.

I hung up on him and never again looked back.

Yes, I walked away from the protection of the ministry...I parachuted off the pinnacle of Mt. Zion and entered the unsavory world of the world.

I've been suffering the consequences ever since by living peacefully, quietly and happily on my property while he was blessed to be sent to prison outreach ministry (from within) for tax evasion.