he can't have his opinion??

George thinks country=Devil :dance:

but I agree w/dmiller

its your thing,

do what you wanna do,

I can't tell ya,

who to sock it to

karen

kyhills, maybe you should read a little more carefully. There is a GREAT BIG difference between insulting a type of music, and insulting people who PERFORM a type of music. If someone wants to say that country music, blues, rock and roll, or whatever type of music sucks, then fine, their opinion.

I can't think of anything lower than a country music singer. They rank right nect to Real estate agents and lawyers, not far off from Life Insurance Salesmen and Frog turds

Now THAT statement is insulting to those who PERFORM the music, some of who may be posters on this very board, like dmiller. Do you not see the difference?

And by the way, welcome to Greasespot.

Rick

You know, when I first left TWI I was a total mess in every sense of the word. My first job was working as a night auditor, 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. There was a radio behind the desk tuned in to a country station, and although I'd never been a huge country fan, I came to appreciate it.

Strange as it may seem, listening to that music actually help heal my heart. There's something about pure country which is unassuming, honest, and easy to take-not to mention fun and heartbreaking at the same time. Marty Robbins died during this period, so I grew to love his talent as the station played tributes to him. Many other artists, from bluegrass to cowboy to the Nashville sound, had a quality that you just don't see now.

Anybody who thinks that any genre of music is not their cup of tea is entitiled to their opinion. I'm not fond of rap, for example, so I try to control my environment so I don't have to hear it. But I'm not going to knock the artists themselves-talent is in the eye of the beholder, and there is no accounting for taste. But it's only fair to protect the rights people have to express their talent. Trash the genre if you will-but not the people themselves. I would love to be able to have some talent, like our D. Miller, to be able to express themselves musically.

I never would have appreciated country if I had changed that radio station-and I would have been cheated out of a lot of enjoyment.

BTW-this is a great country song-can't imagine anyone having problems with the singer or the song.

Fighting soldiers from the sky

Fearless men who jump and die

Men who mean just what they say

The brave men of the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest

These are men, America's best

One hundred men we'll test today

But only three win the Green Beret

Trained to live, off nature's land

Trained in combat, hand to hand

Men who fight by night and day

Courage deep, from the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest

These are men, America's best

One hundred men we'll test today

But only three win the Green Beret

Back at home a young wife waits

Her Green Beret has met his fate

He has died for those oppressed

Leaving her this last request

Put silver wings on my son's chest

Make him one of America's best

He'll be a man they'll test one day

Have him win the Green Beret.

SSGT Barry Sadler

I'm sorry but I want you to get this mind picture when you are on a thread that discusses "High Country Caravan".

Picture for a moment Harv on stage singing some ghastly C&W song while Craig is standing at his side wearing a ten gallon hat, smiling and expecting us all to like it. Then imagine having to watch this scene every week for a while for an hour or so. Oh. the brain washing! Tell me then then you don't develop the deepest, darkest feelings for C&W singers and equate C&W with Frog Turds

Oh, by the way, I am a BANJO player.

Be Cool - the Movie

So Oaks, this is the followup movie to Get Shorty...? John Travolta? Worth seeing? I liked Get Shorty, but didn't see this one when it was out.

I'm probably more like Mr. Lingo, regardless of the style, I can get something out of it, although I don't listen excessively to "C & W". Buck Owens died awhile back, and the Buckster isn't really my cup of tea. But I do like some of his music and I like the general tone of his chunky twangin' Telecasters. But it's not in heavy rotation at my house, y'know. Still, I have to respect a man who would name his band "The Buckaroos". That right there, props, y'know?

I like Keith Urban, but don't really consider him "country", although that's what everyone calls it. I guess it is. Is "Sweet Home Alabama" country music now? Dunno.

Maybe this thread should be in the "Doctrinal" forum. :biglaugh:

Edited by socks

The song was called "Country in my veins". I'm going from memory, but...

chorus - There ain't nothin' wrong with hank Williams Jr.

Roy Acuff never drove no one insane

but those Rolling stones, they're enough to make your blood run cold

I thank God that I've got country in my veins

I can't remember all the verses. Something about Minnie Pearl in there somewhere.

Edited by johniam

I'm sorry but I want you to get this mind picture when you are on a thread that discusses "High Country Caravan".

Picture for a moment Harv on stage singing some ghastly C&W song while Craig is standing at his side wearing a ten gallon hat, smiling and expecting us all to like it. Then imagine having to watch this scene every week for a while for an hour or so. Oh. the brain washing! Tell me then then you don't develop the deepest, darkest feelings for C&W singers and equate C&W with Frog Turds

Oh, by the way, I am a BANJO player.

I don't believe I have ever seen Frog Turds. What do they look like?

Frog turds is funny.

Way productions almost always put out garbage. Great musians but were controled. Kind of hard to be creative if you were told what to do.

Country and western music is about life. Its about disapointment. Its about love.

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE CARABIAN or margarieta time. :asdf:

It paints a picture you can see in your minds eye. It leaves you feeling the music. Or it can just be a great dancing tune. There is no room for cussing or foul lauguage.

If I can't picture mysalf in the music IT JUST AIN"T C & W.

I like almost all differant types of music. I love C & W.

Now if you want to take all the laywers and IRS agents out in the pasture. I GOT THE AMMO COVERED.

My favorite HCC was Billy Falcon and his wife singing something like "nothing to do."

I recently got hi-speed internet (what a joy) and cable tv. And found this show, "Doc" although it was cancelled a while ago and I am only seeing reruns, but it has been a chance to learn the goodness of country western, which I didn't know before.

This "Doc" is a Christian doctor from Montana who relocates to New York City, works in a clinic in the City. Among other things he sings and plays the guitar, too. He is soft spoken and steady and relentless in doing the right thing. I'm thankful I got to see the show before it went into oblivion because it has taught me some of the attractiveness of country western.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Ray really is the dad of the girl that plays Hannah Montana -- she is his daughter (in real life).

Back to High Country Caravan -- it was a great break from the routine in the Word Processing Dept. That was one of the few good memories I had of being on staff my interim year.

Another was working on the dinner theater production.

• 1 month later...
what was the lyrics to the song that started:

There ain't nothin' wrong with Hank Williams Jr.

???

Seth

Please somebody anybody, who knows the full lyrics to this song I'm writing a parody and I need to know to finish it.

Seth

Please somebody anybody, who knows the full lyrics to this song I'm writing a parody and I need to know to finish it.

Seth

I listen to both kinds of music, country and western.

Seth, I think that song was done by Branded. I have it on cassette still I think, but won't have them over here to the new apartment until next week sometime. At that point I can do some searching to find the song and all the words for you if you haven't located them yet.