GreaseSpot Cafe

Getting logged out surfing Greasespot

Sudo

Are you having problems staying logged in?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you having problems staying logged in?

• Yes! I'm getting logged out during every session!
    • Yes! I'm getting logged out at least once a day!
    • Yes! I'm getting logged out every day or so!
    • What are you talking about? I stay logged in all the time.

There seems to be a glitch in this new software so I'm trying to find out how prevalent it is. Some days are worse for me than others. But it is SO INFURIATING!!!!!! How many of you guys are having to log in several times during a session?

sudo

happens to me at least once, usually more a session. It can be when switching forums, going from Chat to Forums, and MOST exasperating, after writing a post and clicking to submit it. In that case, after composing and clicking send, the screen comes up saying I can't do that. After logging back in, my post is gone. aarrrggghh I know I HAD been logged in, because I was posting in Politaks, which I cannot get to if I am not logged in.

I just KNEW it was a plot by the conservatives here, or maybe it was GWB his blasted self!

I have taken to using the default skin rather than the New Year one, at least that way I know if I am logged in or not.

HAP

:wink2: I've seen her slip you an extra piece of pie, too.

I don't know if it's just me (or the drink I spilled on my keyboard) but the "new topic" buttons don't always show up and I can't always tell if there's a new reply anymore.

Although, it could have something to do with me forgetting to leave a tip last week.

I didn't vote because, knock on wood, I haven't been logged out for a couple days now. I do, however, have to log in every time I come here, even though I've left "Remember me" checked.

It's just growing pains, keeds. I'm sure the Paw and his Merry Mods will get the bugs out.

I used to have to log in twice when logging in-consistently, every single time-

but I didn't get logged out otherwise.

I AM mindful of being "timed out", but it hasn't happened yet.

I just discovered that if I wait for the log in and ignore the link to click when waiting,

it finishes and I don't have to repeat it. I hope this works consistently.

It has NOT happened to me WHILE surfing GSC... BUT I have had to log in manually about once/week... otherwise, I just let it recognize me as signed in everytime I visit.

So, since there was no poll option for my particular experience, I did NOT vote.... and I ALWAYS vote (in real elections anyway).

I just KNEW it was a plot by the conservatives here, or maybe it was GWB his blasted self!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Shoot -- I've never had ANY problems with the log out thing.

I don't think there is a time limit either. I'll put the puter on sleep at night,

get up in the morning, click the mouse, and I'm still logged in.

When I do log out, and turn the puter off,

Firefox recognizes me when I go to sign in again.

I hit enter, and I'm in.

And I don't get logged off in the middle of surfing either.

mac.gif

Edited by dmiller

I must say that since the new facelift around here, I have had to login once in a while when i'd open up my GS shortcut.. which never happened before. Just figured I was doing something wrong.

Now today was a whole dif story... I was grazing through the many different galleries of posters...

some pics I was ok with ... then suddenly, in the middle of a gallery ... i'd get logged off... then i'd log on only to get logged off on the next pic. It didn't happen with every gallery but with many of them.

Edited by A la prochaine

Glad you brought this up Sudo. I'd noticed when trying to post some photos in Gallery, or add some friends, I kept getting a log in screen come up, and it would loop until I closed and came back in....then I'd end up on a page with "log in" at the top...???? Not sure what's up, but it just happened a minute ago, again.

I had a problem yesterday, I never logged out.Igot on the computer in the A.M. and checked the page I had been on and went to go to another and found that I had to log in again. Even though it said I already was. Maybe there is a time limit if there is no activity?

Ala,

Re:"... then suddenly, in the middle of a gallery ... i'd get logged off..."

Yeah.. isn't THAT infuriating? That's one thing I hate about "upgrades" you sometimes get more problems than what got fixed :realmad: .

sudo

P.S. And what's it to you, Tom, that I was hitting the nitrous a little heavy? Huh? You the nitrous police or something?? I can stop it any time I want to. In fact... uh.. what was I talking about again??

The lost session issue is a known issue to the company that makes the software, but they are having trouble reproducing it to figure out what is causing it. This always makes tracking down a bug rather difficult. Hopefully they will figure it out soon.

In the time being, I've loosened and adjusted just about every setting related to sessions. It has cleared up the issue for some, but not all. Only thing I can suggest is to clear your browser's cache of files and cookies and see if that helps.