GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Family Tables Forum=Open Discussion??

Thelema

And another thing.... icon_smile.gif:)-->

I belong to quite a few discussion groups and you do have to be pre-approved before posting, but every single one of them allows disagreements, hard questions and even some flaming goes on, but only the die hard flamers who will not quit attacking unkindly instead of having mature disagreements and debates are banned from a forum.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Belle, good points. No openness or frank discussions of the real truth.

Cherished child you make a very good point about the lack of posts relative to its time online.

In my viewpoint it show deadness and a boring spiritual life, just like most of our twigs seemed to be like in recent years.

And Belle, yeah, from what I understand Moneyhand did NOT like the fact that Greasespotters went on that forum at all. Still very strict and one sided and mean from what I can see. Gosh, I am happy to know that absolutely nothing has really changed much in the last 5 years except fewer people.

Now I know I haven't missed much.

But thank God I did not miss all the fun I have had on this and other sites including Waydale. I have not had this much fun or met this many new contacts and friends since the "old days". icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I tried to join and got an email form their webmaster that said "who is your area and branch leader?"

I wrote back and said "I don't know"

He wrote back and said "You are surly and arrogant: access denied."

I am really tired but I'll post the entire conversation tomorrow. it's hilarious. he refered me to my former family corps coordinator (BM) and told me to write a letter to HQ if i wanted to join the forum. yet the site is allegedly not associated with TWI.

When I asked him for an email adress at HQ he replied "The Way is very analog,use snail mail"

That's a great excuse to avoid communication. "Sorry I'm very analog"

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa Georgio Jessio. That cracks me up big time. Please post the rest. Hey if you want to follow through I will send you the money for the stamp. Can you email him back and ask him to foward it to twi? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I have seen a few posts asking for the branch Cord. too. I would have asked the exact question you did.

The last I checked, surly means bad tempered and rude. Sounds like he's describing himself. I wonder if he really knows what it means.

Sounds to me like they really put the heat to this guy. I think they have moved the "mark and avoid" methodology up a step- now they are no longer polite about it. Apparently name calling is the preferred treatment for us "copouts".

It's only conjecture, but I really don't think they have the same guy as a site administrator.. I'd bet the farm that somebody else is generating these email responses, or at least dictating them. What I don't understand is, why even bother responding? If they think this kind of confrontation is "backing down da adversary" they are wrong on every count. Every response simply illustrates the asses that they really have become. But it's too late now- can't take them back.

They probably wouldn't put this guy in charge of cleaning out a hen house after what he "did".

The initial response to an a registration is automatic. Roy-Year2027 questioned the contradiction between the "welcome" in the original response and the rejection in the follow-up. He was told that he was accusing a machine of lying.

Surly and arrogant? While the initial response that I got from Brown when I emailed him back when we first discovered FT was polite, subsequent communications could easily be characterized as "surly and arrogant". Responses to other GSers were about the same.

I guess when you are part of "the one, true household" and are standing in the crap, I mean gap, and "backing down the adversary", you can be nasty to devil spirits or those posessed with 'em. As I'm sure they believe we are.

No, John runs the site and does his own emails. Going to school AND working full time to try and support his family consumes most of his time. He doesn't have much time or patience to deal with anything else but a nice little Way site. He never meant for it to be open to anyone other than those IN TWI and mostly the young people. He has a teen son.

Heck if those teens want a lively group of teens to hang out with and socialize with they should check out www.cffm.org. For whatever reason they have a nice thing going there with a lot of youth involvement from what I hear.

Apparently John consulted with Moneyhand who is very anal and analog indeed. End of openness.

Fair enough. It's JB's site and JB's decision.

Snore.....ZZZZZ......ZZZZZZ..... Ho, hum. I am falling asleep just thinking about it.

Life is so short. Thank God it is available to have fun again instead of being in a tiny little boring analog fantasy world.

I'm still thankful JB tried. He was quite cooperative until that last letter, but then again we had a lot of common ground to think he could woo me in. I celebrate our likemindedness, and I am sad he and TWI don't want to take Dr's final instructions literally.

Then again, lots of the supposedly proVPW and proPFAL splinter groups are the same way with me... until it comes to literally doing what Dr said. They ALL want to do ANYTHING BUT master the collaterals. They salute them, review them, dabble in them, play with them, improve them... the list of diversions goes on and on.

I'm amazed how sleezy they (both TWI and proPFAL splinters) can be about pretending to go along with the whole program of Dr's final instructions... except for literally mastering PFAL.

I have the same complaints about TWI and JB as I do with CFF, Geer, and many other smaller splinters. Some are nicer than others, some are slicker than others, but they all want to get as far away from literally mastering PFAL as possible.

The same forces that buried Dr's last teaching for 15-20 years are now at work burying the idea of obeying that teaching's instructions now that the teaching has been re-released and made much more well known than ever before.

Edited by Mike

Then again, Mike,

Maybe they think you're wrong about what those instructions mean.

Maybe they think your concept of the word "master" is wrong.

Maybe they think that what pfal says about pfal is true, and it's

KEYS, not holy writ.

Maybe they don't think there were snowstorms that vpw kept

encountering, either vision or real.

Maybe they think God spoke in the Bible, God speaks to each,

but God didn't designate vpw as God's first real spokesman

since 99 AD.

Maybe they don't think pfal is an updated Bible.

Maybe they don't think Jesus will be teaching from pfal when he

returns.

Maybe they don't think Jesus will have the Orange Book in his

hand when he returns.

Might some, any, or all of those be reasonable options to

"they're all deceitful and sleazy"?

=======

I hate it when I try to watch a tv show I like,

only to discover I end up catching the exact same episode on a

repeat each time...

For the life of me, I just can't see how or why anybody would want to go back- even to "da good old days". Even then, many of us had the most anal, obsessive, STUPID and sadistic leadership that one could ever wish for. Even in the EARLY 1970's.

I am of the opinion that God gives us a calling that is unique, one that fits YOU. And your personality, and your own personal abilities.

One thing I observed about TWI, they had no clue about how to figure out what God REALLY wanted you to do. At least in my case, all of the classes and activity did little more than to cover up my true calling.

Mike, so you think the whole end of life is to "master" PFAL? Go ahead, nobody is stopping you. Maybe, just maybe, that is really what YOU need to do. Maybe this "fullness of the spirit all nine all the time" lifestyle fits YOU.

Hey, I am willing to even concede, maybe that's even what God's telling YOU to do. Not me. I find myself in my own personal God-given "training course". I do not have the time in life to ignore what God would have me to do, and go back to endless rework "da accuracy" of PFAL. I have taken what good I can get from PFAL, and have moved on.

And I would not mandate my course in life to anybody. Anybody who knows me would readily admit that it just would not fit anybody else, or very few..

Reminds me of "God told me to tell you.." maybe He's just telling YOU.

Some of you folks are just something.

You complain about everything, now the Family Tables?

Is there anything you don't complain about?

quote:
Witness the cyber-snobbery and cyber-mark-and-avoid.
Ha ha. Ummm, how come you folks who are so concerned about Free Thought, never uttered a syllable about the Juedes Website, which NEVER has allowed difference of opinions?

Hmmmm?

You Holier Than Thou Freedom Lovers of Diverse Thoughts, I shant call you hypocrites, that's be wrong.

Oh Glow-ray!

"Ummm, how come you folks who are so concerned about Free Thought, never uttered a syllable about the Juedes Website, which NEVER has allowed difference of opinions?"

How about because other than looking at a couple of articles there nearly 5 years ago, I haven't been to the Juedes site and know nothing about what is or is not allowed there.

I dunno.. I've been on both ends of this Oldies, snobber and snobbie. Marker and avoider, and marked and avoided. Now I'm just another humble greasespot, heh heh. Gives me a unique perspective I think.

All the little things the guy was doing was just so typical of some of the things that leadership instructed ME to do. Just act kind of nice, even though you know that YOU and Da MINISTRY are right, and act as nice as you can. Avoid ANY kind of logical discussion, avoid talking about the word or the ministry, and excuse yourself as soon as you can possibly do so. This is the standard operating procedure when it comes to dealing with "copouts".

As far as family tables are concerned, there is nothing left to even complain about, heh heh.. really. Gone almost as quick as it started.

But really, to me, that is refreshing. Maybe not as bad as I first thought.. finally, one of the Waybots is showing perhaps a little originality, and perhaps a little annoyance. Perhaps they have a few more human qualities left after all.

Whether they want to admit it or not, they have to get out of bed and put their pants on the same way as the rest of us.