GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Productions latest dance moves

bliss

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know what keyboards are really being used in Way Prod?...

As dated as that clip looks – I’d have to say their keyboard is probably a Commodore 64.

c64.jpg

The blonde is young. Her daddy is well-known at TWI, and his name is mentioned pretty frequently here at GSC. She is college-age. The guy in the suit is young as well--late 20s or early 30s? His daddy is a big wig (reverend) in twitville too.

That production was lame. Those songs are all new, but there is no life or inspiration in them. My hubby (a musical man) listened, and he said M*ke M*artin was singing out of key and had bad pitch.

Nottawayfer,

Any hints about who's their daddys?

M*ke M*artin always sings on the flat side of a pitch. When he's singing solo it's okay, it's his style. But when he sings with others, it can really stand out.

I also agree about Claudette... I saw her in action closeup at HQ, and I was really shocked. VERY full of herself. But then, I saw that same attitude in Deb Olt***** and some of the other "singing ladies" in the early 90's. Deb and company had always seemed very genuine and tender-hearted. Then I worked with them. Cold. Arrogant. Unapproachable. They were special. The rest of us were just there to make them look good, and by GOD we'd better do it!!! After that, I never wanted to do way prod at HQ again.

THW

Tell us how you really feel, Notta. :biglaugh: Are you sure those weren't B*tch Flakes? Someone raided mine here at home and I haven't found the culprit yet.... <_<

I hear ya, though. I was soooooo excited to get to meet the Singing Ladies at the AC in 1996. Claudette, I knew was friends with my ex who was my fiance' at the time. I had looked forward to meeting her because of how highly he spoke of her. They were all cold, distant and rather annoyed with all the attention. It was such a letdown and so disappointing to meet people you had really looked up to and looked forward to meeting. I never looked at them the same way after that. So fake ...... come to think of it, maybe THEY stole my B*tch Flakes! Maybe they're the ones who came up with the recipe!! :o

I finally got up the courage to watch it.

Is the guy off pitch? Yep.

Does it make much difference? Nope.

I thought the singer at stage left had a fairly pleasant voice.

Harmonies seemed appropriately tight.

Choreography was horrendous.

Costuming was atrocious.

They tried to dress it up with a heavy bass line.

Didn't work.( At least not for me)

Very mechanical, no message conveyed.

Reminded me of the Christopher Walken/ Fat Boy Slim video from a couple years ago.

Anybody remember that one? (Walken dancing in the hotel)

Song was a throw-away.(IMO)

What REALLY caught me was how the audience responded so enthusiastically.

I didn't expect them to boo, but I didn't think anything beyond a polite applause was appropriate.

Nottawayfer,

Any hints about who's their daddys?

I also agree about Claudette... I saw her in action closeup at HQ, and I was really shocked. VERY full of herself. But then, I saw that same attitude in Deb Olt***** and some of the other "singing ladies" in the early 90's. Deb and company had always seemed very genuine and tender-hearted. Then I worked with them. Cold. Arrogant. Unapproachable. They were special. The rest of us were just there to make them look good, and by GOD we'd better do it!!! After that, I never wanted to do way prod at HQ again.

I don't feel comfortable revealing the daddies of the performers in the video.

My other comment in regard to the singing ladies is that they are far from any representation of being tender-hearted. When I was at HQ (for 5 years), I made a point to sit wherever at lunch time. I did this so I could get to know different people and learn about them. Any time I had to sit at Tr*dy Y*atts or D*b B*rger's table, it was hell. They were wrapped up in their own little world. Their table ususally only had room for one extra person. I dreaded sitting with them. They barely even recognized the extra person, and that person usually ended up being the host of the table. I tried to avoid sitting there at all costs. These people were definitely not friendly and warm.

Highway, when were you in Way Prod?

I always thought TWI kept musicians on too short a leash.

I met Claudettee. It was fall of '79. Take a stand caravan was going through STL and each twig got to host 3 members of the crew. We got Claudettee and Cliff Adelman and a roadie, Walter something. At that time the impression I got of Claudettee was that she spoke and acted just like anyone you might meet in twig; not full of herself at all. But that was 1979. If she bought into what LCM was selling after 1994, well.....

This appears to be a misguided attempt to reach out to the Gay community, admirable on the one hand but clearly missing the mark on the other.

Are you talking about the video? If so, I wouldn't slam on the gay community like that. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The video is really the epitomy of "CORNY".

I don't feel comfortable revealing the daddies of the performers in the video.

My other comment in regard to the singing ladies is that they are far from any representation of being tender-hearted. When I was at HQ (for 5 years), I made a point to sit wherever at lunch time. I did this so I could get to know different people and learn about them. Any time I had to sit at Tr*dy Y*atts or D*b B*rger's table, it was hell. They were wrapped up in their own little world. Their table ususally only had room for one extra person. I dreaded sitting with them. They barely even recognized the extra person, and that person usually ended up being the host of the table. I tried to avoid sitting there at all costs. These people were definitely not friendly and warm.

Highway, when were you in Way Prod?

Notta - I remember meeting Claudette - I thought she's be warm and friendly... JUST the opposite. I was ushering for a supper-time sack-supper pickup and she breezed in, totally did the opposite of what we were all trying to direct people to do. She ignored people and "harrumphed" my "Hello! God bless!" - I was crushed. She was just a snot - I didn't want anything from her - just to say "Hi" and be friendly. She seemed so jaded and untouchable.... I guess if the highlight of my stage career was performing for a cult and being a celebrity among 3,000 people, then I'd probably be grumpy too... :unsure:

True NAW. Maybe a caption should read "No Gays were harmed in the making of this video". "Yet."

Indeed, it's odd, strange, bizarre and weird. They say that fish don't know that the reflection in an aquarium glass isn't another fish. They think it's actually another fish. Maybe they see themselves and think they're actually other people, and are amazed that so many new people always show up. I dunno. It's hard to figure.

The two women have a kind of June-Cleaver-On-Butch look. The guy - hard to say.

This is why some of us aren't meant to dance. In private, where there's little risk of anyone getting hurt, fine. But in public where innocent eyes and minds may view ... no.

Edited by socks

Bad and Sad!

Notta - I remember meeting Claudette - I thought she's be warm and friendly... JUST the opposite. I was ushering for a supper-time sack-supper pickup and she breezed in, totally did the opposite of what we were all trying to direct people to do. She ignored people and "harrumphed" my "Hello! God bless!" - I was crushed. She was just a snot - I didn't want anything from her - just to say "Hi" and be friendly. She seemed so jaded and untouchable.... I guess if the highlight of my stage career was performing for a cult and being a celebrity among 3,000 people, then I'd probably be grumpy too... :unsure:

Chas, I'm not the least bit surprised. She used to come in to our office almost daily to do her "B" job in the Way Magazine. I saw this kind of attitude frequently from her.

I wanted to be in the choir really bad. I wanted to try out. I practiced since I knew I would have to sing for someone. There was one song which had many words in one breath, and I couldn't get my breathing right with it. I asked her how to do it. She said "If you need to ask that, then you shouldn't be in the choir." No encouragement at all. I would think since singing was her "longsuit", she would have been happy to help me out. I felt dropped like a 50 pound rock. If she didn't have time or didn't want to give her time, she should have said so. I just never thought a true minister should be that way.

Boy, I thought it was a comedy show. Is that for real?

There was one Way Prod. lady who truly touched my heart when she sang. I had the privilege of meeting her, she was a gem. Her and her hubby were run off by LRoy and his boy toys. But I would love to hear her again someday. Her name-Vicky Allen.

I thought Vicki sang very well. She was someone who had REAL talent. I liked when she sang "Focus and Fire". It was high energy and uplifting. Claudettee sang it a few times after LCM ran Vicki and her hubby off, but it just wasn't the same IMHO.

I think NOBODY can sing "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" like Debra Olthouse either. It seemed that song was made for her to sing.