GreaseSpot Cafe

prophets of doom

YID

Either this is so far out there that it is indicative of people smoking grass in the cafe or it's time to break out the MAL Packs. (Mobile Abundant Living packs for those of you not around in 1979-80)

I was channel surfing last week and as always, I checked the Discovery Science channel. The broadcast was on a coincidence regarding several cultures concluding a significant occurrance on December 21, 2012. Normally, I would have continued my surfing but this had some intrigue to it.

The Mayan callendar ends on that date.

The Chinese I Ching ends on that date.

Web bot also concurs significant events culminating on that date.

Now, I have been so involved with the Bible over the years, I had no idea what I Ching was and since it wasn't in the Bible, I deemed it insignificant. On the program, it is clear it has much more to do with the adversary than the true God. But in the program, they mentioned the scientists had recognized the events regarding the Mayan calendar and so I did check that out.

I went to Google and searched Mayan Calendar. Found this site:

http://www.thespectrumnews.com/html/writin...n-Calendar.html

After reading it, I went back to watch the program again. Gore is right about global warming but he's wrong about it's cause. The poles are probably shifting.

According to the article, there is a rif in the Milky Way. A black hole divides the galaxy. Scienitist are paying attention to this because on December 21, 2012, the earth will pass over the dividing line. This trek across the galaxy 'equator' will have affects on earth. The exact affects are only speculative since no one alive has ever experienced this. One guestimate is that the poles will shift within a few days possibly even a few hours. This would rearrange the equator and cause massive earthquakes and global disasters.

Now, when the rest of the world was going nuts over the change over from 1999 to 2000, my only concern was the computers with antiquated dating systems. Other than that, I figured the rest of the world would over react to almost anything unknown.

This, however, has my attention. I don't believe the oracles of China, Rome and Mayan cultures had any genuine relationship with the true God. But I do believe the true God could make sure we know what the adversary is planning. I believe God can put us at the right place at the right time to make sure we are protected.

So either this is great stuff to know or Paw needs to tell the staff to quit putting the loco weed in the brownies.

I have to add...

Watching the response to all this will be fun.

Since, per Jesus Christ, No one knows the time of his return including Him, it's a pretty safe bet in my book no one knows when the end of the world will be either. Since we know this date and it is claimed it is the end--

THEREFORE

It can't be this date because we can't know and if it is this date we know!!!! :blink: {PRETTY GOOD LOGIC, YES????}

Either it isn't, in which case we will all go merrily on our way.

OR

It is, in which case we can't stop it so there is no point worrying about it. I mean if the earth is spun to such a degree that the poles shift--trust me that great a tumult will eradicate every living thing except, possibly, cockroaches, mold and algae!!

But there is a very real threat to our galaxy.. andromeda galaxy is coming to swallow it up whole.

In about six billion years..

:)

Six billion years? . . .

Whew!!

For a second there I thought you said six million.

:rolleyes:

I think of it in relation to WWIII. Not a whole heck of a lot we could do about it. Pass me the cig...........If all hell breaks lose we might just have to be of the number of those who survive ....or not.

Like I said, "Either this is so far out there that it is indicative of people smoking grass in the cafe or it's time to break out the MAL Packs." I can't find mine. Pass me a brownie.

Not all the predictions are doom.

There is the idea that as the sun enters the center of the universe--cosmic womb--there will be a rebirth of humanity. Some connect that to the Age of Aquarius, the waterbearer pouring spiritual enlightenment upon mankind.

The hundreth monkey folks think that is when the scales will tip...

Some think human Dna will change due to magnetism or something.

But my favorite dooms are the 1.demons from outerspace who will devour us, and 2. the Yellowstone Park volcanic area blowing up 3/4 of the US and throwing us into dust cloud winter...how does one prepare for those?!

Oh--there's the Atlantis rising again thought...

Let me just state for the record:

I ain't stringin' chairs for no stinkin' end of the world party!!!

OK--- Maybe I'll help with refreshments but that's it, fini, the end.

Compeesh?

Sorry Waysider -- but I'd rather have LittleHawk doing the refreshments.

(As long as he brings along the *pear water*.)

;)

I got to add my 2 cents to this one": That radio broadcast in 1938 or whenever it was. Orson Welles was involved in it. Something about war of the worlds and how space ships landed in New Jersey and it caused a large scale panic in that area. My mom and dad listened to that live and it didn't phase them. Of course, they were in MO, not NJ, but ever since that happened, various media people have tried to re create the hysteria if they could. Y2K is just one example of this and this 2012 thing looks like another.