GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot - The Retirement Home?

GarthP2000

Every now and then, I take a gander who's celebrating a birthday on any given day and I notice that a lot of us are marching right thru our 50s. :o

Man, I remember, when a lot of us were active in TWI, we were in our 20s and thinking our whole lives were ahead of us :B) . Now its getting to the point where we're thinking of retirement and related things.

So Paw, when are you gonna set up some rockers, porches, and canasta tables w cards at Greasespot Cafe. Heck, make it look more like Cracker Barrel. ;)

cracker_barrel.jpg

old.gif

Hey, I love Cracker Barrel, but they don't offer senior discounts. :(

(Not that I'm old enough to qualify anyway :)

It's nice to think I'm still too young for something!)

--------------------------------

You know what really makes me feel old sometimes?

When I'm watching one of those "Girls Gone Wild" ads late at night during bouts with insomnia, and the first thing I think is,

"They're really going to regret having done that some day."

And the second thing I think is,

"I hope to God my kid's not doing that."

And the third thing I think is,

"I wonder what's on the History Channel."

I'm never going to retire. :P

But I love Cracker Barrel's breakfast.

And as George Jones said...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5LduVGA67o

Outside of the cheese referrence, I've never heard of a Cracker Barrel...might I assume its a diner?

You know you have gotten old when:

In the middle of the night, your wife creeps into the living room and catches you watching scrambled broadcasts of-------------------------------The Fishing Channel!

HAHA!---You thought I was going to say --------The Golf Channel-------- didn't Ya?

Cracker Barrel: Midwest restaurant chain that features home style cooking and a rustic ambiance.

Garth,

We could do a poll but my observations line up with yours... most of us Greasespotters are in our 50's. I'll be 55 in September. I've gotten to know several posters personally by way of "weenie roasts" and meeting up while traveling with Suda. As we all ease into retirement in the not so distant future, it seems inevitable that more and more of us will be get to know each other in person.

I'm looking forward to just taking off in the van and heading to see folks in Michigan's upper peninsula, New England or even sunny California. With time on our hands I know we all will be seeing more and more of each other in person. One of these days in addition to all the regional get togethers we have, there will *have* to be a nation wide Greasespot reunion. We'd set aside a block of rooms at a large hotel (with lots of amenities) that was centrally located and have a meeting room reserved where we would all meet up... and go from there! :)

sudo

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha what are ya talkin about midnight ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

And here I thought I was just starting to get some freckles... because of all the sunshine here in the Valley of the SUN! ;)

There's a Cracker Barrel or two around here too... though I've never ventured inside one.

You must wander in and wander around. It's so much more than just a place to great great iced tea and a sandwich.

It's an experience that my 12 year old and I make a point of every 6 months or so and we have to drive an hour to do it. Just to hang and goof off in the place.

We love the Cracker Barrell on road trips. You can get breakfast all day, or good "home" cooking for lunch and dinner. I almost always get a veggie plate. Something for everyone in the family. And after you order, and before the food comes, you can mill around in the store and look at all the nostalgic items. And in the ladies bathroom they use samples of their good soaps and hand lotion so you get to sample them.

Started here in Lebanon, TN and have spread far and wide. We TN hillbillies do come up with some good ideas from time to time.

Wonder if they have any in Nebraska we could go to if we have the first Greasespot International Reunion there. Only drawback for some, no bar. But good sweet iced tea!

Suda

Yeah, I've got a couple of Cracker Barrels on my route. Food's OK. The nostalgia items can be pricey, but they have lots of DVDs of old TV shows like the Rifleman, Underdog, I love Lucy plus music. I hear songs on their music track that I don't hear anywhere else. Us baby boomers are sure a generation for nostalgia.

Suda,

I've always enjoyed that aspect also, the soaps and lotions in the bathroom. And the last time we were there they had this caterpillar moving around on the floor and it was a hoot watching it sneak up on some unsuspecting customer and touch the back of their leg. :biglaugh:

But they do have excellent smoked sausage.

:wave: yes please - here I am, over here..... <--------------

Do you have something in pink? Island sunsets are pink - how about some of them!

It's Sunday night over here, so when your time for relaxing arrives...this might be fun? I haven't viewed them yet.

http://www.prestigeproperty.co.uk/search_r...mp;interval=150

I still "BELIEVE"!, there is enough investiment capital out there in the world of GS, to find that dream retirement home. Lord knows, most of you deserve it! Bonne Soiree!

Outside of the cheese referrence, I've never heard of a Cracker Barrel...might I assume its a diner?

Well then you must head my way before I move so we can go to eat at the one here in Kingman. If you like southern style food, then you will LOVE it.

My only complaint about them is they make ham gravy instead of sausage. WTF???? Sausage is from GOD!!