GreaseSpot Cafe

A Few Big Things I Learned Taking PFAL

Doreen

Thankfully, I was spared much of that but I did see a great d eal One of the women in the first Twig I attended actually mentioned how a sexual encounter with a man of God could be a healing experience, and there was a teaching going around that a fetus in the womb was no different from a plant because it hadn't taken its first breath and become a living soul. and perverted of It takes a tremendous amount of courage to share one's experiences of rape and sexual abuse, and my hat goes off too to all of you who have found the strength to come forward.idealization of Wierwille and LCM and, funny how that works, built up a similarly idealized imagemental picture of WOW was built up as an awesome experience -- though i saw the people in one Twig fellowship I attended who had only popcorn to subsist onin their house. Hearing your pain and rage is a sobering reminder of how horrible it could get.

Sad to see those who just can't stay away from hurting someone else's positive experiences?

You mean, like hurting people who were so excited to finally meet the man of God? And he pokes his prick in your face?

Like, believing the WOW field will be the experience of a lifetime,

and it was,

but not like you thought it was going to be?

I am so sick of you fXcking pigs, who, even when the truth of a first hand witness is right in front of your eyes, you still push it aside and IGNORE IT.

You fail to see that YOU are the very reason so many rape victims suffer in silence.

Do you have any inkling about how many raped women may be reading this in tears, saying to themselves, "hell no, I'm not going through that, I'll keep my damn mouth shut and crawl into a hole somewhere."

You have no idea the raw guts it takes for a woman like Marsha or Ex to tell her story. Just to tell it. To ANYbody. My sister cannot even today tell me everything.

And you have no idea what you do to them when they tell you the truth and you brush them aside like you just did here with excathedra.

Damn you idiots, damn you. You have no fxcking idea what you are doing. You have no idea what it will take for her to get over just telling what she told you. And you just tossed her aside like so much trash. Like VP tossed her aside. Don't you GET IT?

Thank you ex, for sharing your experience. And thank you exwaycorps, for your corroborating information. My hats are off to all of you men here on this thread who have the cojones to stand up for these women who have been raped.

I have no earthly words to express my disdain for you absolute swine who just did what you did. And you don't even realize it.

Or, just maybe you DO.

And that's exactly how evil you ARE.

Made in the exact image of your idol.

You people fXcking make me want to vomit.

welcome

i can personally tell you that veepee told me he could heal me from sexual abuse by having sex with me

Wow .. it's horrible and I believe you. In 1989 I read John Juedes's article about the splintering of the Way Tree and listened to John Lynn's two-tape set "Overview of Events" and got the impression then that they were scratching the surface, actually trying to avoid being too explicit in their descriptions. It's sad how when leadership is perverted and the head is sick all are devastated.

• 2 months later...

TWI never taught me that Jesus Christ is not God. I knew that since a child. I questioned the Southern Baptist preacher about that and he told my mother she better shut me up or do something about me. We never went back to that church even though my mom believes that Jesus is God. Like my sister said when we were teenagers, "If Jesus is God then what Jesus Christ did is no big deal." Bingo!

Are the dead alive now? Yep, when the last bell rings for school to be out. I do dismiss the error in teaching that Christians will spend eternity in heaven. I know now that we will be in Paradise here on earth.

And just one teenie weenie itsy bitsy issue that I noticed, as I was skimming the gazillion posts, about being lied to. Well humpty dumpty welcome to life. I never had anybody lie to me before twi and I have not had anybody lie to me since. I don't lie. And Glory Praise be to God Almighty my children have never lied to me. Holy moly, if they ever did I would be devastated and disown them. It is fair to say that my life would be in shambles.

Let me share this quick story. For one semester I studied under a world renowned chef. You all know him. He is mean, nasty and evil. He liked the ladies and I think a few of the boys. He tormented us every day because he knew he could. He was so full of himself, as most renowned chefs are. Yet, he is the master at what he does. I learned so much from him. I have applied his teachings and techniques. I teach them to my students. They are awed that I learned under him. So what do I do? Throw the baby out with the bath water?

Although VP never told me he could heal me from sexual abuse by having sex with me my mog "husband" told me that. Lie. What was he thinking with?

Thankfully, the Lord Christ Jesus was never lied to or abused. If He had been, how would He ever gotten over it!?!???

Wow - at this length, it would be wrong not to keep it going!

Spec - your example of a "change" made is a very minor one. It really illustrates VPW's lack of ability to change.

PFAL never changed. The material wasn't edited or adjusted to reflect that particular piece of information.

PFAL was viewed as the absolute best that VPW or anyone could ever do in presenting the teaching. Keeping that class as the ultimate gold-standard was one of the biggest things that held the Way back over time, IMO. Regardless of what changed around it, time after time everyone returned to the same material, same presentation, over and over again.

Let me share this quick story. For one semester I studied under a world renowned chef. You all know him. He is mean, nasty and evil. He liked the ladies and I think a few of the boys. He tormented us every day because he knew he could. He was so full of himself, as most renowned chefs are. Yet, he is the master at what he does. I learned so much from him. I have applied his teachings and techniques. I teach them to my students. They are awed that I learned under him. So what do I do? Throw the baby out with the bath water?

Although VP never told me he could heal me from sexual abuse by having sex with me my mog "husband" told me that. Lie. What was he thinking with?

Thankfully, the Lord Christ Jesus was never lied to or abused. If He had been, how would He ever gotten over it!?!???

It looks like to me that the people who are more affected had more invested. I stayed nominally involved in TWI for years before the actual break. I figured there were things I could learn, but it was necessary to personally detach from the hurtful stuff, much as you had to do with the bad boy chef. Personally I enjoy gifted people who can be difficult, because there is much to learn from them once you get past the ego.

The funny thing is that once I got past VPW's highly inflated sense of self, there wasn't much I could glean from him in terms of having a relationship with Jesus - at least your chef taught you something.

Ok You guys, You are flipping me out with this whole thing about Christ in You. We were taught it's God in Christ in You....were we not? Those who believe in the trinity should have no problem with saying God is Spirit, it's Christ in You and it's called Holy spirit. Three in one....

Now, I don't know that I can even wrap my mind around what you guys are talking about.....it's way beyond me.

I have to keep it simple. I don't think God made it so difficult that only greek and hebrew scholars get to "know". But, not putting that type of study down at all.....just that God wouldn't exclude everyone else from knowing Him or His word.

My 2 cents, which is probably what it's worth and nothing more!!!

PFAL never changed. The material wasn't edited or adjusted to reflect that particular piece of information.

PFAL was viewed as the absolute best that VPW or anyone could ever do in presenting the teaching. Keeping that class as the ultimate gold-standard was one of the biggest things that held the Way back over time, IMO. Regardless of what changed around it, time after time everyone returned to the same material, same presentation, over and over again.

Kinda like the modern day *arc of the covenant*...........'cept the "modern-day moldy manna" didn't come down from heaven above.

Sheeeeesh, looks like twi STILL doesn't get it...........geerites don't get it...........lynn doesn't get it..........cff doesn't get it...........other splinter groups don't get it...........and more splintering is going on all the time.

:rolleyes: .............. :rolleyes: ................ :rolleyes:

Short answer is NO! Full of heresy and blasephemy. Glad to be a Lutheran.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Think this may be off topic.......But I also was told I would be healed of my sexual abuse by going out and having sex with someone....it didn't matter who........and that I should visit a sex store to get "over it". This was by my Twig Co.........guess what? It didn't work!

• 5 months later...

Give me Nicky Gumbel's Alpha; Michael Green's Reality; Rob Weber's Beginings; Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life; Thomas Holiway's Foundations; Rico Tice's Christianity Explained; Paul Blackman's Open Home, Open Bible; Neil Anderson's Beta. But no PFAL, WAP, CFFM classes, nor S&TFI, no CR&F, no Chris Geer, no Emmaus Fellowship, nor any other splinter group's revision.

Ok You guys, You are flipping me out with this whole thing about Christ in You. We were taught it's God in Christ in You....were we not? Those who believe in the trinity should have no problem with saying God is Spirit, it's Christ in You and it's called Holy spirit. Three in one....

Now, I don't know that I can even wrap my mind around what you guys are talking about.....it's way beyond me.

I have to keep it simple. I don't think God made it so difficult that only greek and hebrew scholars get to "know". But, not putting that type of study down at all.....just that God wouldn't exclude everyone else from knowing Him or His word.

My 2 cents, which is probably what it's worth and nothing more!!!

Hello,

I have to agree with your statement that you "don't think God made it so difficult that only Greek and Hebrew scholars get to 'know'. "

What I have found useful in the past is Matthew Henry's commentary. It can be a good source for ex-way.

I am providing a link which I hope will be helpful. Well worth a look and a very handy reference tool.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/henry/mhc6.xii.ii.html

ExWayCorps and ALL,

I was there too. The account is real, not made up. I lived in Lion's Gate Apartments, and a WOW family there got me into the Word.

To give you more details that could NOT be contrived, "L" got me into the Word-a beautiful dark-haired girl with a tender, sensitive heart of gold. We went roller skating, where she witnessed to me. "A" was a tremendous woman of God from Georgia, who "mothered" me in the Word and taught me Christ in You! "S" was a cute little rocker from Shaker Heights in Cleveland. We used to compare songs and rock groups - she worked at the record store. Marsha was indeed their WOW coordinator, who ran the Class I took. I became a PFAL grad and a Penn State grad that fall!

Jim K. from there and I went WOW a year later. Love to find that guy. Trace A. and I were very close friends, who I knew for quite a number of years after that.

While I wasn't in the coach with a camera to satisfy you, I believe Marsha's account -there are too many small details there that I know are true for it to be ANYBODY but her. The weekend VP visited was my birthday. Being young in the Word, and not wanting to disappoint my parents, I went home to NW PA that weekend. I remember how two of the women, one of them Marsha, were before that weekend, and what they were like afterwards.

Unfortunately, the account is sad and true. Marsha, "L", if you are out there know that David loves you. I love you very much, and thank you for giving me the greatness of the Word.

And folks, as I do the Old Testament David, I accept him where he was right, and reject him where he was wrong. The mainstream denominations, especially the Catholic Church, have done more than VP or David multiplied by 1,000. Yet I do not hear the railing accousations, the discounting of them, like I hear about The Way. No. I am not in The Way -I have marked and avoided it! But the Catholic Church, despite it's molestation of nuns and children, despite it's torture, despite it's wrong doctrine, took care of God's People for over 1,000 years. So, too, The Way International gave us God's Word like it hasn't been known for centuries, and it had an effect on every Sunday-sleeping pile of stained glass and brick on the earth -if only to stir them from their sleep and put them on their toes a little.

And believer, just because the Twig Hopper isn't rolling, people need God's Word. America is facing challenges which will likely rock the whole world and have an effect on every man, woman, and child on the face of the earth. Do not put your light under a bushel basket. Do not sit and wait for Jesus (because if you do, he just might ask you why that's all you did when HE RETURNS). Don't wait for Ralph, Vince, John, Craig, or Rosalee. STAND UP AND LOVE. STAND UP AND SHARE GOD'S WORD.

Agape,

David

I have sold all my PFAL material so I can buy more bottles of RheinPFALz.

Give yourself a cookie. Might as well get a cookie now....live for the moment, right?

Don't expect rewards for your holy position when you stand before Jesus Christ. If all you can come up with is bottles of wine to brag about, before people who have jeopardized their lives for the truth, well, then, you just better drink those bottles of wine.

Welcome to GSC, hissondavid

First one is on the house.

latte-sl-701146-l.jpg

Man, that coffee looks good! Got a recipe for my wife? We'll send you back one!

Thanks for the welcome. It's wonderful to talk with people, it's like gold -no matter whether they're boozed, busted, or spotted with grease! None of that seems to have affected their holy spirit (surprise, surprise!), and it's nice to converse with people I know who have it.

God bless this site, and everyone on it, in the name of Jesus Christ!

Give me Nicky Gumbel's Alpha; Michael Green's Reality; Rob Weber's Beginings; Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life; Thomas Holiway's Foundations; Rico Tice's Christianity Explained; Paul Blackman's Open Home, Open Bible; Neil Anderson's Beta. But no PFAL, WAP, CFFM classes, nor S&TFI, no CR&F, no Chris Geer, no Emmaus Fellowship, nor any other splinter group's revision.

Good grief, man! You are straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel!

Short answer is NO! Full of heresy and blasephemy. Glad to be a Lutheran.

You're not going to heaven because you are a Lutheran. I assume you've heard of Jesus Christ. If he is your savior, HE is why you are going. Did you know that one of Martin Luther's dying requests was that people NOT name a church after him?

Heresy and blasphemy, by the way, is saying ANY man is God.

Edited by hissondavid

Hey David, welcome! Thanks for your input concerning your wow year and sisters.

What makes you think wierwille was like saul and not the pharacees and saducees who disgusted Jesus to the point of him calling them whited sepulchers?? I have to say that as noble as your sentiments sound, as far as I am concerned ... Wierwille to all appearances is the enemy scriptures warn us against...the wolf that slaughters and devours God`s sheep with ravening jaws. He wounded and betrayed without mercy, he stole what was not his using God`s name using the scriptures as his weapons and tools. He destroyed people in God`s name....THAT my friend, in my opinion is the true heresy and blasphemy....I don`t want any part of any God that he claimed to represent...nor do I feel any compunction to share that doctrine with others.

Edited by rascal