GreaseSpot Cafe

Another splinter group splintering?

Linda Z

Here's a link to an analysis of what's been going on:

http://www.areallyrudeawakening.com/

I've had no involvement with this or any other offshoots, but it would seem to be a familiar pattern in many ways.

Mr. Rood, who has moved from Oregon to Michigan, alleged on his original Web site that Mr. Louis et al absconded with his database, containing all his contact info. His now-closed Web site points to the above link and to another Web site, if you're involved in this group and want to resend him your info.

The words "bite and devour" come to mind, just as they did with the whole CES/STF/spider fiasco. I don't know who's biting whom, but I'm pretty sure someone's sporting some bite marks!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting..

I wonder why he came to Michigan.. can't be because of the economy..

plus we already have all the little tin foil hats we need, enough for a lifetime..

:biglaugh:

I think maybe the day of these organizations is long past.. they seem to be dying, like the fig tree.. from the inside out.

No real fruit..

Michael Rood always struck me as a nut job. I can't imagine that he had a ministry that even got as big as it was. That information is a swirling of garbage which I am sure goes on many places, so I guess I am not surprised.

I am surprised this guy had so many working for him while he travled the globe.

but it would seem to be a familiar pattern in many ways.

As Rocky said can anybody be surprised? I have seen this movie way way too may times already.

Rood should get out more often and look around

The eventual demise of these fringe personality cult groups is as predictable as the sun rising in the morning...

"fringe personality cult" is a good way of putting what's been going on with Rood. Plus, he has a great marketing sceme, dresing up like a rabbi for attention. Just as Wierwille took advantage of a trend (the Jesus movement), Rood is taking advantage of a trend to wild "Prophecy Club" predictions and a trend to adopting Jewish laws and ways. Sadly, it means leaving grace in Jesus Christ and going back to the Law. He also had help building an organization.

The striking thing about the report that is critical of Rood on the web site mentioned above is that it comes from people who are sympathetic to him and who support his ministry in principle. When his own friends see his deception and sin, it is particularly revealing.

If you're interested in more on Rood see several of my articles at www.abouttheway.org

Maybe when these guys swallowed the koolaid, something snapped in their brains. They got so far away from "home", they didn't have enough bread crumbs to find their way back again. As Lewis Black might say..."I think these guys are delusional".

Groucho, he probably vacuumed up the said crumbs in the forest as he went, so they wouldn't be a "distraction" to the forest creatures as he taught them "der verd".

You know.. hoisted on his own anal retentiveness..

I recall there being folks frequenting the 'Spot who had good things to say about Rood, perhaps they'll ring in with some first hand insight. One thing we all know by now is that there are always at least 8 sides to any story, sometimes more. So I have to wonder what'sup widdis.

Yeah.. makes me wonder. But there's something good to be said about anybody..

anything's possible.. Rood could be like Elvis with the Memphis mafia surrounding him.. trying to milk him for all he's worth..

Now me, I've ruined the "game". I've proved myself so "nutso" in some categories, they'll never even think of putting me on a stage..

Yeah.. makes me wonder. But there's something good to be said about anybody..

anything's possible.. Rood could be like Elvis with the Memphis mafia surrounding him.. trying to milk him for all he's worth..

Now me, I've ruined the "game". I've proved myself so "nutso" in some categories, they'll never even think of putting me on a stage..

Ruined it?Heck I have seen more personality outta you Than in years.

Give the man a cigar and a stage and let him loose

:offtopic:

MStar:

How'd you do the bug thing?

Im not a very good housekeeper,

There was a finger print with a little grape jelly on my screen and one day he just showed up, I havent gotten around to cleaning him off my screen yet

...NAH.....

he hangs out here:

http://i22.tinypic.com/xf0s9c.jpg , I pasted him into my sig line

Edited by mstar1

hey you kwazy skwewwel!........there ain't much "good" to be said about "rabbi" michael rood!......and he don't need no "memphis mafia" around him, like elvis!......he's enough of a pure sheister all on his own!!.......he never paid income taxes on any of his "expenses"!.....not only that, he's never filed since 1979!!.....when he got divorced in 1994 from the mother of his 4 daughters, he already owed the irs almost $100,000 in delinquent taxes, besides whatever penalties and interest were rapidly accruing to his delinquent account!.........his "mission in israel" was just a way to escape the irs and avoid paying child support for his four school-aged children through the 90's!.......

he claims to be a "true levite", and claims he owns nothing, has no insurance on anything he does'nt own and has no permanent place to dwell, or car to drive!......yet somehow, he is able to fly his daughters back and forth to israel for summer "working vacations" with him in his "minisrty"......his various "doomsday prophecies" have not come to pass, yet he insists he's still a frequent-flyer with yahweh in terms of the volume of revelation he has received and continues to receive!.......his "rabbinical training" consists of a brief stint with moses david and the children of god, in the early 1970's......then his fabulous twi experience while in the us marine corps, which he has hyperbolized and just outright lied about in his "official" resume!!..........he got his "theology degree" by graduating from the 7th corps, and was demoted several times from various leadership positions with twi for misappropriating various amounts of the "abundant sharing" to "meet his own needs"........there were a succession of "business failures" and liens on mortgages which were placed due to his incredible fiduciary accumen!!........when the mother of his children had to join the usaf in order to provide a home and the basic necessities of life for those children, his "plan", given to him "by revelation" from god, was to live in the texas hill country in a tent and allow god "to provide" for him and his wife and four daughters!!........he spent time supposedly driving a truck, during which time he scrawled "prophetic rants" against homosexuals on the bathroom walls of truckstops throughout the southwestern usa!!!.........his initial "calling" to the "hebrew roots" movement was inspired by his attendance at john hagee's outfit in san antoinio, tx.........and blossomed from there into full blown levitical "prophesy" in the mid 1990's......when he began to "really apply himself" to the fabulous biblical research techniques he learned from twi........finding as many spurious resources as he could to build his "rood awakening package".........amazingly, he outdid even vic when it came to his "research" findings of "original hebrew texts and manuscripts" which "proved" his revelations and prophecies...........and equally amazing, was how full of crap his research, revelations and prophecies were becoming!!!........but the money kept pouring in for this poor levite, as the lies and scams continued to pile up in his catalogue of books, cd's, dvd's, israel tours, etc., etc., etc.,

in the early fall of 1999, he managed to kidnap his 4 daughters from a us air force base in california, (with the covert "enlistment" of his oldest daughter in his plan) and attempt to fly them to israel, in order to protect them from the "thermonuclear attacks" which he prophesied would occur on both the east and west coasts of the usa during y2k!!!..............they made it as far as london's heathrow airport, where the fbi was able to catch up with them, and return the 3 younger girls to their mother, an officer in the usaf.......the oldest had just turned 18, and was allowed to make her own decision to continue on to israel with the "levite prophet".......when they were apprehended at heathrow, their luggage included military gasmasks and other "survival gear" which he had procured for their survival of the prophesied y2k attacks.........which attacks, obviously, never came to pass!!!...........nevertheless, the "rabbi" continued on with his old testament "walk" finding more and more spurious doctrines to preach and publish, and leading to the video productions of "a rood awakening ministries" which challenged us all to "leave our western gentile idolatry and theology behind" and join the rabbi in his mission to spread the real truth about yahweh and yeshua to all the nations of the world!!!!........uh huh........word over the world all over again!!!............

the seeds of self-destruction are sown into all the "ministries" that share the "spiritual DNA" of the way international, and their "father in the word", vic wierwille!.....no matter how far they try to distance themselves from their roots in vic's perverted theologies, no matter how hard they try to cover up their twi "tracks", the various "chickens" always come home to roost!!!.........the sad thing is that, there are always so many innocent "followers" or "believers" who wind up getting used and abused all over again, with time, talents and monies once again stolen from their lives, in search of the "truth of god's word"!!..........same old lies, same old psychodynamic, same old path of destruction.............seems they refuse to learn the fact that, you just can't change or re-arrange your "DNA", unless you truly change who your "parents" are!!.........bad "seed" will always yield bad fruit!!!...........as dylan sang............."when will they ever learn?".......................WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN?!!...............................peace.

Edited by Don'tWorryBeHappy

Good Lord! Just how strong was that Kool-aide anyway?

How can anyone look at the wake of destruction left behind by TWI and it's ilk and say God even sent a sticky note memo about it, much less a whole pile of revelation?

IMO the only thoughts that God put into TWI and it's splinter groups were geared toward their dismantling.

Thanks DontWorry, for laying it out there, the saddest thing about this is the people that followed him from Twi are again victims of another gospell and of following a false prophet again.  Perhaps your post will help some of them figure things out.  

You are right, there is NO splinter group that doesn't still bear the stink from the DNA cesspool of that old sheister from Ohio....

Thanks for the 411.  F'n insane...

:wacko: