GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way on Talk Soup

Nato

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will probably only encourage them...

Way Math:

If someone picks on us = We must be doing something to .... off the adversary

Because we're ....ing off the adversary = We must keep on doing it

So expect more white boys with very white genes, popping and locking in a suit and tie, looking like they're pimping the Singing Tatas of The Way, who are dressing like your grandmother.

My guess is it won't be so easy to get E! to take theirs down. Ha!

Looks like a good case of "fair use" to me. A little clip, and some commentary..

Wasn't there an article on the main site about how der vey entered the twenty-first century with their new fangled super digital sound system?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/news/l...st-century.html

just proves, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, even with a $158,000 dollar digital mixer and recording console..

Edited by Ham

Yeah.. I think they've figured out how to put the cat in caterwaulling..

You'd just think, with $158,000, they oughta be able to do at least a little better..

I wonder if rosie is actually SUPRISED by the commentary. I mean.. these are from people who likely never even heard of da way, or "have an ax to grind".

Hey guys,

Here's another one directly from The Way's website. Way Productions Let me ask a question.. how many of us would have stuck around if this was what we saw as The Way International? TWI is dying folks.. and a long painful death at that. It reaps what it has sowed. Forever the name of Victor Paul Wierwille will be associated with the founding of a cult. LCM and Rosalie will be remembered as trying to carry on after he died.

Their members are few and their converts negligible. If you didn't know what evil had poured out from their vitriol then you'd almost feel sorry for them.

sudo

Jeeeeze. It really has a life of it's own on the internet. I thought I was one of the first people to see it (must be my Wayfer need to feel elite). Turns out it's already well on it's way to being the latest ridiculous internet meme.

I took the opportunity to send the link to all my innie friends asking if it was hard brining new people. To see that. Wow.

Like a fine wine, it just gets better with age! It's sorta like Michael Jackson meets Pat Boone.

I saw it last night and got a good chuckle. This morning it reduced me to tears! I repeat - STOP THAT!

:biglaugh:

(And David, I have no problem recognizing the talent of the people who were in WayProd. It's just the end result that was lame. Sorta like Lawrence Welk. Lots of talented people, but put an anal-retentive, out of touch, authoratarian, SQUARE German in charge of it all, and the ultimate result is going to suck. Sorry, that's how I always viewed it. Just not my kinda music. Remember "High Country Caravan"? I rest my case...)

Nat, you're The Man. It would have taken me awhile to hear about it, I'm sure. I've been too busy to monitor my Google Alerts for "Bizarre and Embarrassing Things Related to the Topic of Religion". :biglaugh:

I think everyone felt like you upon stumbling onto it - everyone knows someone they "have" to share it with who'll pea their pants laughing when they see it.

It's the kind of grass roots on the ground word of mouth the Way would love to see, I'm sure, if it was positive.

But I also noticed online people looking at the Way's site directly, and finding their other videos. They're all so boring because the Wayfers are just singing verbatim their normal doctrine in twisted english. I read a few blogs, tongue in cheek references to the one "rock" tune and the "shredding" in it, and I felt a twinge of pain for that guitarist as he may have had a pretty good solo cooked up but there was someone there editing him to tone it down, as it sounds like half a solo. The resigned look on his face says it all. I was reminded of all the non-musicians who lectured other musicians once they got involved with Way Productions. Don Weirwille was the ultimate buzz-kill in that category but I guess he figured if "Dad" could do it, so could he, never mind he couldn't push a tune in a cart.

But the lyrics are so insular and filled with Wayfer jargon that they're impossible to understand - they really leave the listener asking "why is this being done?" rather than any kind of understanding or GASP! entertainment value being experienced.

Notawayfer - is that Mrs. Linder? I have no idea who the people are, just that it reminds me of what "Up With People" would have looked like if Amish accidentally ate peyote in their stew and could only communicate what had happened through dance.

I have no idea who the people are, just that it reminds me of what "Up With People" would have looked like if Amish accidentally ate peyote in their stew and could only communicate what had happened through dance.

I think you're on to something there Senor Socks! The Amish ARE close by! I don't know where the peyote might of come from, but I'd suspect one of the wayward chillens.

And, just an aside, who IS it that does the wardrobe? Dear Gawd, every performance I've seen from The Promised Land of the Chosen Few Guardians of the Present Truth has had absolutely atrocious outfits! I mean, I know NOTHING about clothing or costumes, but absurdly baggy, overlarge, horrendously DARK outfits don't seem to be doing much for the overall look - (insert spitting, rolling, gut-wrenching, stifled laughter here).

HAAAAAA! Oh, gawd, it's SOOOO bad... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The kids, yeah, they could be the source. I'm sure they've got the good stuff George!

Maybe it's the corn. All those years of ROA tent camping and the ground got infiltrated by some kind of micro-biological buggies or something.

Where's Bless Patrol when you need 'em?!

Clothing - yeah. I dunno. I remember the need to look "godly" and "professional". I got to like the jacket and slacks look, kind of casual IBM. But I don't know who's behind it today.

The 3 piece business suit is appropriate for most religious endeavors, as I've yet to see or hear of any formal religious presentation that doesn't include a Money Collection. "Missionary Bankers"?

But it's weird. Suits and long dresses are the vestments of a lot of modern day church deities and their marketing staff apparently. I wonder what they'd all be wearing if the textiles industry hadn't progressed so? (men and women "of the cloth"?....?)

They need help. Badly. In the meantime, a moratorium on all forms of artistic expression, pending a complete brain-dump and rebuild would be right, if not outright kind.

You see, I have this friend...

aw come on tell more LOL :biglaugh::jump:

Really thanks for the laugh.

I also agree with dmiller though, there was some wonderful talent way back when. Someone must think this caned stuff is comercial and will "win " people oh yuck!

I Like the respnce in talk soup but I WANT THE UNICORN THEY DON'T DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it reminds me of what "Up With People" would have looked like if Amish accidentally ate peyote in their stew and could only communicate what had happened through dance.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhh!!

OK now, an aside to you "abundantly sharing" innies...this is an example of what your hard-earned money is paying for? Please, tell me you can't possibly approve of that.

Your money would be better spent on a "Brazilian wax" for Rosie. Ugh. Bad visual? So was that production.

This gives them soooo much publicity. Years ago they would have "died for it."

Now - it's all the evil demons, sorry, devil spirits, of the internet poking fun of the Word.

There were some really talented musicians and other performers at TWI. Maybe there still are.

But all the talent is squished into "one size fits all" and all joy and spontaneity removed - in the name of being "decent and in order." Over-choreographed, and with plastic smiles that look like they have come from pinning the sides of their mouths to their ears.

It's sad.