GreaseSpot Cafe

Relief is ..... on The Way

skyrider

With unemployment at 8.1%......and an economy in a tailspin, some are really in need of relief.

Of course, twi has socked away MILLIONS in investments, stocks, etc..........so they can ride out this storm for months or years (?) without devastating results. But what about their followers?

Will twi send relief to their "brethren" ???........since they claim to operate like the first century church. Or, will twi expect the local areas to pony-up the support......AND keep sending in their ABS ??

And, if so.......how can twi justify sidestepping the applications of 'godliness in action' while still claim to 'hold the truth?' Surely, twi is not going to just tell their people to "Believe God" ............are they?????

How will twi spin the following verse?

Act 11:29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:

<_<

• Upvote 1

Unemployment rates in Northwest Ohio are approaching the 20% level.

"The hardest-hit areas are rural counties in southern and northwest Ohio. Williams, Fulton and Henry counties, a cluster of counties in the state’s northwestern-most corner, posted 15 percent unemployment of higher. Huron County suffered the most job losses, with 18.3 percent of its residents filing for unemployment status."

Source: http://www.madisonpress.com/local.asp?ID=1604&Story=1

Of course, twi has socked away MILLIONS in investments, stocks, etc..........so they can ride out this storm for months or years (?) without devastating results. But what about their followers?

Will twi send relief to their "brethren" ???........since they claim to operate like the first century church. Or, will twi expect the local areas to pony-up the support......AND keep sending in their ABS ??

Stock-piling MILLIONS..........and for what ??

FOR THEM ......... and their secluded and deluded lifestyles.

:evildenk:

Seriously...

Innies, what "teachings" are there about the current economic climate? Or is it all about not looking to worldly circumstances? Not fearing?

Is any practical help being talked about? Has any been given?

Perhaps the "softer, kinder" TWI has a better attitude to people who lose their jobs because their employer's business has folded?

Or is there a change of tack from the "material prosperity" doctrine to a "spiritual prosperity" doctrine, and confidence in God in the face of adversity?]

Are there any cutbacks at HQ?

Seriously...

Innies, what "teachings" are there about the current economic climate? Or is it all about not looking to worldly circumstances? Not fearing?

Is any practical help being talked about? Has any been given?

Perhaps the "softer, kinder" TWI has a better attitude to people who lose their jobs because their employer's business has folded?

Or is there a change of tack from the "material prosperity" doctrine to a "spiritual prosperity" doctrine, and confidence in God in the face of adversity?]

Are there any cutbacks at HQ?

Twinky.......don't know if any innies will be responding to your questions anytime soon.

In fact, two "innie" couples that I know..........have recently exited twi. Another "innie" couple, who we haven't corresponded with in over 12 years, want to come see us.

From what I continue to hear..............the twi teachings are DOGGEDLY SCRIPTED AND PATHETICALLY BORING.

Seems like the field followers are getting tired of sending weekly abs stimulus money into a dark hole with no "spiritual stimulating returns" to be had.

:evildenk:

• Upvote 1

With unemployment at 8.1%......and an economy in a tailspin, some are really in need of relief.

And, if so.......how can twi justify sidestepping the applications of 'godliness in action' while still claim to 'hold the truth?' Surely, twi is not going to just tell their people to "Believe God" ............are they?????

Act 11:29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:

<_<

I have been wondering about that too.I hope I am wrong,but in my opinion the "relief" will come by way of the following.

1.The economy issue will be ignored since it is something negative.

2.Tell the people to "plan the adversary out of their lives".That one always makes me laugh,last I knew the adversary will strike without cause.

3.Condemnation

4.Brag about their debt free policy,as if it is the cure all to any financial problems.

5.Last but,not least and you said it best my friend tell em'"Just believe God."

And one more thing.I was at the Sunday service that followed the tragic events of 9-11,Rosie made an appearance at that service and basically just talked about how no twi people were harmed on 9-11,her uncompassionate,selfish and unkind words brought tears to my eyes.I thought to myself what about everyone else involved in that day.

That example reminds me of how they deal with adversity.

• Upvote 1

I have been wondering about that too.I hope I am wrong,but in my opinion the "relief" will come by way of the following.

1.The economy issue will be ignored since it is something negative.

2.Tell the people to "plan the adversary out of their lives".That one always makes me laugh,last I knew the adversary will strike without cause.

3.Condemnation

4.Brag about their debt free policy,as if it is the cure all to any financial problems.

5.Last but,not least and you said it best my friend tell em'"Just believe God."

And one more thing.I was at the Sunday service that followed the tragic events of 9-11,Rosie made an appearance at that service and basically just talked about how no twi people were harmed on 9-11,her uncompassionate,selfish and unkind words brought tears to my eyes.I thought to myself what about everyone else involved in that day.

That example reminds me of how they deal with adversity.

mudflaps.......good points there.

And, didn't twi circumvent "the adversary's onslaughts of Y2K" and boast that their preparedness was a key factor in averting it? Well, why wasn't twi's "believing" able to divert this economic tailspin?

<_<

And, didn't twi circumvent "the adversary's onslaughts of Y2K" and boast that their preparedness was a key factor in averting it? Well, why wasn't twi's "believing" able to divert this economic tailspin?

<_<

Well, way back when, they would rationalize that by saying it was proof the "Word" was moving because the adversary was trying to stop it with negative events like this. :blink:

<_<

Not enough of them? TWI could think that the tailspin is in direct relationship to the lack of numbers rightly believing. Then there are the numerous sects that believe the downturn is god's punishment.

• 6 months later...

BUMP

Relief is...on The Way (tongue-in-cheek) --- NOT

In my opinion, twi-followers are becoming more and more skeptical of twi's rhetoric. Those on the field and far away from a bloated staff of "spiritual advisors"......WHY SEND THEM MONEY?

Especially, as the unemployment rates climb into the double-digits....and week after week "fellowships" just regurgitate the same spewth.....THIS IS INSANITY, doing the same thing over and over and over again, expecting different results !!!

Sure......numbers are plummeting, adv class attendance is pathetic, corps program is dismal.

What about family camps at gunnison????? Any reports? My guess is that very few want to spend their hard-earned money to travel to ANOTHER twi facility. Imagine, spending all kinds of money to travel there, take your vacation.....and then, twi wanting "another love-offering" as you drive away????

Even in the 80s and 90s.....when the economy was much stronger, twi struggled to keep classes going. Can you imagine how BLEAK THE ATTENDANCE MUST BE NOW ?????

:blink:

I actually heard some honcho goofball destroy this verse sometime in the 80's...It may have been Martindale who somehow twisted "relief" into "gift ministries". He said that during the famine of Acts 11 that they sent leaders to the afflicted areas to "teach them the word" ..presumably to show them where commas were supposed to go and collect more ABS money from them... then somehow donuts, house payments, steak dinners and manna magically fell from heaven on them

I'll bet they say something along those lines again

I actually heard some honcho goofball destroy this verse sometime in the 80's...It may have been Martindale who somehow twisted "relief" into "gift ministries". He said that during the famine of Acts 11 that they sent leaders to the afflicted areas to "teach them the word" ..presumably to show them where commas were supposed to go and collect more ABS money from them... then somehow donuts, house payments, steak dinners and manna magically fell from heaven on them

I'll bet they say something along those lines again

Yeah.....why is it twi leadership always think the answer to any situation is MORE twi leadership and intervention?

Like the famine in Acts 11........what if during this recession and double-digit unemployment, twi announced to their followers to STOP SENDING IN ABS FOR ONE FULL YEAR ??? Yeah, right?.....like that would ever happen in a thousand years. How could twi hq possibly survive with only 48 MILLION in the bank and investment savings or stocks???

:nono5:

Twi is geared for the working class...If you have a job, come to twig and send us your money...if you're out of work and broke, we don't know you...

It's a business...a pyramid scheme, a scam...what? You want compassion?...go to church.

The millions they have invested will keep them living just fine until it's their turn for the marble orchard...they plan to sit on their assests and put on a "Christian show"...follow the money...

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr
  • Upvote 1

Unemployment rates in Northwest Ohio are approaching the 20% level.

"The hardest-hit areas are rural counties in southern and northwest Ohio. Williams, Fulton and Henry counties, a cluster of counties in the state’s northwestern-most corner, posted 15 percent unemployment of higher. Huron County suffered the most job losses, with 18.3 percent of its residents filing for unemployment status."

Source: http://www.madisonpress.com/local.asp?ID=1604&Story=1

Those are the areas around HQ, right? Hmmm...I thought their presence was supposed to provide a blessing for the rest of the area. Oh well, guess not.

Twi is geared for the working class...If you have a job, come to twig and send us your money...if you're out of work and broke, we don't know you...

It's a business...a pyramid scheme, a scam...what? You want compassion?...go to church.

The millions they have invested will keep them living just fine until it's their turn for the marble orchard...they plan to sit on their assests and put on a "Christian show"...follow the money...

ABSOLUTELY !

The scam........a christian veneer of verses and petty platitudes

The business....siphon off the working class' hard-earned money in ABS

The pyramid.....wierwille-idolatry, an elitism march towards oblivion

Notta, thanks, now I finally get it...

All that groping and assaulting of, sorry, loving service by, young females is simply them tithing, or rendering their ABS to the MoG.