• It didn't matter. All organizations have problems
    • It didn't matter, because it didn't affect me
    • What corruption?
    • I stayed because I thought I could fix it
    • I stayed because I didn't believe the rumors
    • I stayed because it didn't affect me
    • I stayed until I was kicked out

Same here.

The incidents that I witnessed were dismissed as isolated.

Even when the sheet hit the fan, I thought that we should stay and fight for the ministry. Thankfully though, Spouse saw clearer than I, that it was broken beyond fixing.

I stayed for awhile at first thinking ( :doh: ...well I thought that I was thinking) that I could be part of the solution. It was basic delusional way thinking on my part. I left a few years later when my whole state got kicked out in the late 80's.

Of course I also had no idea that the corruption and problems were so deep or sinister until many years later when I had an opportunity to step further back and weigh it all objectively from an outsiders view, or I would have left immediately

Edited by mstar1

I had suspicions about a few things as early as the mid 1970's but never really knew what happened until I happened onto GreaseSpot. (I "left" in 1990.) Like others have stated, I, too, thought what I was seeing was isolated.

how about an option for "I found out about the corruption and left when it became clear the BOT did not intend to take responsibility."

• Upvote 1

We didn't know about the corruption and didn't find out about it until LCM resigned--we got a second hand computer then and found Waydale. It was shocking to us, because we thought we were the ones in the wrong, not spritual enough, not disciplined enough. We left because there was no way we could meet the standards we were held to and life was a misery trying to attain only to fail over and over. Of course, failing required reproof, and reporting our misdeeds up the chain of commannd. That was horribly embarassing

Ugh. I SO do not miss "the ministry." I'm SO glad my kids weren't subjected to that crap.

We never deserved to be treated like that!

We left before the lawsuits. When I read there were lawsuits against TWI, I thought someone had probably beaten a child to death or something.

However, as Waysider said, there were a few isolated incidents and rumors. I definitely remember a limb coordinator who seemed a little too grabby for me to let my guard down around him and a bit of innuendo and whispering when I was on the WOW field living with an interim WC person.

WG

I began to smell something really rotten as soon as king okie took over. It took me a few years to find out about the sexual abuse, the money scams and twi's doctrines which began to unravel like a cheap suit. When I saw lcm turn on good and faithful people like a rattlesnake...I knew it was time to go...watching Geer froth from his diabolical mouth only added frosting to the cake.

I stayed far too long, because........I thought that, by God's grace. my life made a difference (in twi).

Clearly, I had no idea how deep the wierwillian idolatry ran nor the powerful effects of indoctrination tactics and manipulation techiques that fed the beast (twi) its daily meal.

In 1976.....the CF&S class raised some red flags, by I persisted onward.

In 1977.....PFAL '77 was not "good enough" to replace the '67 plaf class. Hmmm?

In 1978.....I saw wierwille go ballistic when three 8th corps had done some tangent research. Excuse me????

In 1979.....at Adv. Class 79, the Jonestown cult/suicide explanation seemed to raise questions for twi too. ???

In 1980.....wierwille was pontificating his *camp gunnison/restaurant expansion plans and senior retirement plan.

In 1981.....LEAD program was having problems / leaders quitting and cover-ups.

In 1982.....wierwille's choice for next prez was martindale. Not revelation...just boot-licker.

In 1983.....more legalism was creeping into all aspects of "the way tree."

In 1984.....wierwille wrecks *twig-hopper* and major silence of the incident...etc, etc.

In 1985.....wierwille runs to Geer and dies of "a broken heart." Yeah, right.

In 1986.....geer's power-grab ensues and, soon, other splinter groups set up own set of hoops.

And, those are only the high points. <_<

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Lots of red flags thru the years......lots. But my critical thinking skills were trumped by doubts that so many others kept following relentlessly. Was I missing something?? Oh well....I've made tracks far away from twi these past 12 years.

:anim-smile:

Edited by skyrider

In 1978.....I saw wierwille go ballistic when three 8th corps had done some tangent research. Excuse me????

Ah yes I was there and remember only too well. You see the cyclops was initially rather excited and let them present it to the in rez folk...stayed excited right up until they intimated (by making "corrections") that he had made a couple of mistakes in his research...

O'Brien: Winston!!!! How many fingers am I holding up!!!!

Winston Smith: I don't know!!!! I honestly don't know!!!!

O'Brien: Good! Now we're beginning to make progress.

Edited for a couple of typos

Edited by RumRunner

n 1984.....wierwille wrecks *twig-hopper* and major silence of the incident...etc, etc.

I never knew that..... did Martindale rake him over the coals for his lack of believing like he did for everyone else who ever got in an accident? :P

Just when you thought you'd heard it all.

Yeah.....like twi-classified information. :spy:

A few select individuals were assigned the "secret mission" of repairing the twig-hopper. A make-shift painting booth was assembled in one of the back aisles of twi's warehouse and five or six guys worked around the clock to conceal the matter. Although I was not allowed to see it.....I heard that the motorcycle front fender was bent, turning lights bent/broken and left side was damaged/dented/scraped. The Ambassador One guys and a couple of others provided the extremely detailed painting and decal work.....adding upgrades to this 1982 gift from Living Victoriously.

Now you know.

Who's gonna add "what corruption?"

I remember whole fellowships joking about how The Way was in the news as being a cult.

Wayfer minds also have a fast and effective delete button. Don't want them to remember something? Just tell them they're not supposed to remember it.

Yeah.....like twi-classified information. :spy:

A few select individuals were assigned the "secret mission" of repairing the twig-hopper. A make-shift painting booth was assembled in one of the back aisles of twi's warehouse and five or six guys worked around the clock to conceal the matter. Although I was not allowed to see it.....I heard that the motorcycle front fender was bent, turning lights bent/broken and left side was damaged/dented/scraped. The Ambassador One guys and a couple of others provided the extremely detailed painting and decal work.....adding upgrades to this 1982 gift from Living Victoriously.

Now you know.

Why the big secret? Even from their warped POV, what would be the problem with people hearing that he had an accident so they could pray for him? Did the "insiders" give a reason for the big cover-up?

Why the big secret? Even from their warped POV, what would be the problem with people hearing that he had an accident so they could pray for him? Did the "insiders" give a reason for the big cover-up?

Mark.......exactly. Why the big secret to conceal wierwille's wrecking his motorcylce? IMO, it goes back to all the red flags of CONTROLLING INFORMATION.....COMMON IN CULTS.

What? The MOG crashed his motorcycle? Where was his believing? Didn't God tell him to slow down? You mean, the MOG is NOT infallible? Oh, the questions that keep coming.

To me, more telling is the fact that twi CONCEALED THE MATTER......just like the facts regarding veepee's eye. And, just like withholding the medical reasons regarding wierwille's death. Wierwille died from cancer.....and yet, did twi ever recant the wierwille-teaching of cancer as a devil spirit?

You see..........way before chri$ geer read his pop paper the red flags were FLYING EVERYWHERE.

sorry.....not trying to derail topic at hand.

sorry.....not trying to derail topic at hand.

Actually, I think you are quite on point.

The topic is---"When I heard".

You said....."way before chri$ geer read his pop paper the red flags were FLYING EVERYWHERE."

Red flags were flying everywhere, but not all of us had a good vantage point from which to see them.

Hence---"When I heard."

While being on the WOW field just a couple monhts, and just a newbie in TWI, our Fam. Coord. received a huge stack of pamphlets describing many of the things mentioned here at GS.. That was '93..

Being a noob, I read it over, thought about it, looked around, didn't see any indication that any of it had any weight. Must be some Trinitarian making junk up..

Never saw any hint of it for a number of years..

Fast forward half a decade, in Corps training just a month, and all those pamphlets started making lots of sense.. Gee.. It actually could be real!!

King okie resigns. Darn it!! It is real..

VVrrrroooommmm... BYE!!

• Upvote 1