GreaseSpot Cafe

Rock of Ages

Thomas Loy Bumgarner

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXILOc89y3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXILOc89y3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXILOc89y3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object><br>

There you are

Another ROA memory... running out in a rainstorm with a bunch of other kids and being hauled back inside a tent by Bless Patrol and then given a good reproof session for not being more careful. I was enjoying the rain because where I was from NEVER got that much rain at a time.

Silly me... I had forgotten that weather is caused by the Adversary.

lol... You might just get possessed letting him rain all over you. You didn't cough or have the sneezes afterwards, did you? Yup, could of been them der debil sperts infiltrating you body already.

Course, now that I'm thinking about it.. I do remember those trips to the Rock were always an addventure. Shortfuse probably remembers my first trip to the Rock more than I seeing it was with his WOW family. I was a teenager and wouldn't let anyone drive my car, so I drove the whole way (from Texas to Ohio) and took naps while we stopped for lunch/supper. But I was so half asleep the whole time. lol.. Surprised I made it in one piece. And of course one of the cars in our caravan had a water pump go out in the usual breakdown spot of Hope, Arkansas. Birthplace of Clinton! It seemed 3 years in a row cars in the caravan I was with going to the Rock always broke down there. Maybe God was telling us something! ;)

That was an EPIC FAIL. First big shot at being "in charge". What a mess. That's hilarious though that Hope, AR was a recurring breakdown spot. I thought we'd never get out of that place.

Course, now that I'm thinking about it.. I do remember those trips to the Rock were always an addventure. Shortfuse probably remembers my first trip to the Rock more than I seeing it was with his WOW family. I was a teenager and wouldn't let anyone drive my car, so I drove the whole way (from Texas to Ohio) and took naps while we stopped for lunch/supper. But I was so half asleep the whole time. lol.. Surprised I made it in one piece. And of course one of the cars in our caravan had a water pump go out in the usual breakdown spot of Hope, Arkansas. Birthplace of Clinton! It seemed 3 years in a row cars in the caravan I was with going to the Rock always broke down there. Maybe God was telling us something! ;)

That was an EPIC FAIL. First big shot at being "in charge". What a mess. That's hilarious though that Hope, AR was a recurring breakdown spot. I thought we'd never get out of that place.

An EPIC FAIL?! hahaha.. No, we got there alive! You might have been pi$$ed at me for driving all 20+ hours and not allowing someone else but we did make it alive! lol..

Course I was starting to wonder myself if we'd make it there.. Glad you guys had someone who knew more about cars than me.. A water pump was not on my list of repair abilities.. Even today! But yeah, every year was something there. Same city or right outside it. Another year it was a broken thermostat and plugged radiator, and another year it actually happened to my vehicle and the steering column broke. Luckily for that last one, it happened right AFTER my alternator started a fire so I pulled off only to have the steering column break after coming to a stop. Yeah, but was it God that saved us from going 70 and having the steering column break and possibly causing deaths? According to "el leaders" it was not.. It was all my bad believing to have a bad alternator and steering column! At least I was able to fix both myself fairly quickly.

Edited by TrustAndObey

Well, he did have at least one thing--------our money----- and our blind obedience.

Okay, so that's two things.

I really didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition, dum dum dah :biglaugh::offtopic: Monty Python starring Victor Paul Wierwille, Howard Allen, Loy Craig Martindale, Christopher Geer, Rosie Fox Rivenbark, John Linder, John Cleese, etc. :confused::sleep1: :unsure: :drink: :wacko: :yawn1: :blink: :doh:

What God was tellin us: Over burdened poeple living on a shoe string budget on long road trips in hot weather where they can't afford to stop at a hotel and let themselves and the car cool down will have their old jalopies break down.

Edited by 100% Free

I remember the bulletin board at ROA and all the "for sale" posts. People selling their cameras and stereos and even their cars to have money to go out WOW. The enthusiasm of youth. Wonder how that worked out?

What God was tellin us: Over burdened poeple living on a shoe string budget on long road trips in hot weather where they can't afford to stop at a hotel and let themselves and the car cool down will have their old jalopies break down.

Nah, that would be using your brain, and anyways sounds too complicated and would take time and money to fix..

Much easier "and cheaper" to blame it on good ol' simple believing.