GreaseSpot Cafe

Capital Area Biblical Studies Fellowship

penworks

I'm posting this link because I've been asked about this group. It is a spinoff group of twi.

Capital Area Biblical Studies Fellowship

• Upvote 3

It seems that the thing Wierwille taught best was how to set up a tax exempt organization for the purpose of generating a tax free income...

...Bruce Mahone still believes in the law of believing? What's wrong with these people? Couldn't they find a real job? These splinter groups seem like tumors that keep popping up...Oh well, another reason to keep posting.

• Upvote 3

Believing equal receiving,majical formula,anyone can do it,no special skills,

just take a class give us some cif,fellowship,and you too can

be doing signs miracles and wonders.God is not our slave where we demand somthing and he(she) delievers.

Law of believing?To quote a movie "its more like a set of guiudelines".

Offshoots are like food chains all the same and not very good for you.

• Upvote 2

Offshoots are like food chains all the same and not very good for you.

I mean, why didn't Bruce simply join Finnagins group?...Oh, I get it...Vince didn't offer him a paycheck that was as good as starting his own thing...and besides, now Bruce can be the mog...what a deal. They learned their lessons well.

• Upvote 2

I listened to a couple of minutes of one of the teachings. One Word "BORING". If I had to listen to that day in and day out I would kill myself. Reminds me of when my mother-in-law came to a ROA and went to the tent for older people (whatever that was called)and heard Don Wierwille teach. She said if anyone wants to be put to sleep, they should go hear him teach. It was kind of funny, especially coming from my mother-in-law because she was an insomniac.

• Upvote 1

So...do you think these guys get together and get all teary-eyed as they reminisce about their "father in the Word"?

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see splinter guys get teary-eyed in front of their "congregants"...... emotional-tugs are one of the fastest ways to one's pocketbook. I mean, really......aren't ALL OF THOSE SPLINTER GROUPS TRYING TO "DUPLICATE THE WIERWILLE-MOG PUBLIC PERSONA AND TEACHING STYLE?"

Of course they are.......and that's why those splinter groups are filled with EX-twi people and make every effort to keep their children/grand-children involved. Parroting the wierwille-framework is the splinters' retirement insurance.

I mean, really......aren't ALL OF THOSE SPLINTER GROUPS TRYING TO "DUPLICATE THE WIERWILLE-MOG PUBLIC PERSONA AND TEACHING STYLE?"

Of course. But, they're missing the key ingredient-----charisma.

Have you ever done this?-----An old song comes on the radio and you find yourself reminiscing with your kid (or grandkid) about how great the music was "way back when"? They look at you with a blank stare. Why? Because it's not really the music that was captured in your fond memories, it's all the circumstances surrounding the situation in which you heard it. I think it's the same for some of these guys. They yammer on and on about the greatness of "the law of believing", not realizing it's really all the hype surrounding "the class" that has taken up permanent residence in their minds. If you click on the website in the initial post and listen to the teaching on "the law of believing", it becomes quite apparent.

• Upvote 1

So with all these splinter groups rising up, are there really any new people being added to the "flock" so to speak? It seems to me that all of this splintering is just a re-shuffling of ex-twi grads. These people are getting older by the day which means eventually TWI and all its splinters are soon to die off, probably in the next 20 years.

• Upvote 1

So with all these splinter groups rising up, are there really any new people being added to the "flock" so to speak? It seems to me that all of this splintering is just a re-shuffling of ex-twi grads. These people are getting older by the day which means eventually TWI and all its splinters are soon to die off, probably in the next 20 years.

That couldn't happen too soon for me! There's been so many lies, and so much hurt. I know that if the plug was pulled on that organization and all of it's facsimiles all the hurt and lies won't leave the planet.....but at least they won't be the source of any more.

• Upvote 1

Are they adding? Probably not. What they mostly might be doing, is building up a small stockpile from ex-wayfers who can't find any other meaningful (?) place to tithe and "abundantly share".

*We* all know that we *owe* provision of physical comforts and such to *those who labor(?) in the word and doctrine, do we not?

Now the kids involved.. they will be left with 501c organizations which they can only leach out a little sustenance at a time..

the smart ones (hopefully) got an education, a profession, a life..

• Upvote 1