GreaseSpot Cafe

Only 16 States Accounted For At ADVC 2009

TrustAndObey

Was just perusing a friends recent Way Mag, and though the numbers were noteworthy..

According to the numbers announced for the 2009 Advanced Class 2009, it had only 69 attendees from 16 states, the two root locales (Gunnison and HQ), and one international. And then 70% of those attendees were teens, which makes about 48 teens and 21 adults!

I feel sorry for those kids growing up.. Looks like that's all that is left keeping the Way #'s up..

No fresh blood, just sacrificed kids!

And only 16 states?! Where'd they all go?

• Upvote 2

"Where'd they all go?"

Dear TrustAndObey, would you like the official TWI party-line pat answer to that or something more closely approximating reality? hehehe

• Upvote 2

Was just perusing a friends recent Way Mag, and though the numbers were noteworthy..

According to the numbers announced for the 2009 Advanced Class 2009, it had only 69 attendees from 16 states, the two root locales (Gunnison and HQ), and one international. And then 70% of those attendees were teens, which makes about 48 teens and 21 adults!

I feel sorry for those kids growing up.. Looks like that's all that is left keeping the Way #'s up..

Gunnison is not a root locale is it?

Don't they have advanced class specials twice a year?

Sacrificing kids, favorite activity of a wayfer.

By 2001 there were 10 states that were small enough that they didn't rate their own Limb Coordinator or any Way Corps. The people in these states were being encouraged to move to areas where "the Word was moving". I don't doubt that the trend only continued in the last eight years.

T&O,

Thanks for the info! A couple of questions, if you know:

How much is the AC class now?

Does it still come with the requirement for no debt?

Is it taught live or video?

My Way Rag subscription ended a LONG time ago so I'm a little out of date. :)

JT

Gunnison is not a root locale is it?

Don't they have advanced class specials twice a year?

It may not anymore... Used to be..

While they do have ACSpecials, this was their once yearly Advanced Class for non grads that was held at Gunnison this year, my guess was cause they just didn't have enough people to fill up that ol' Auditorium.

JeeSjo,

I'd be more apt to believe the reality of this all.. They are going down hill..

But hey, let's drink some cool-aid and believe we're just getting more cozy and weeding out those dead beats that gave us all that money before we shot them, I mean kicked them out for not following der MOG God.

JT,

I haven't a clue on cost these days.. I don't keep up that close.

But I was told they still require no debt to be in the Advanced Class.. Actually someone local here was saying they were trying to force them into the Intermediate class and asking them already then to be out of debt..

I know last years was live, but I missed that part of the mag. I'll have to go take a second look if my eyes can stand it. ;)

T&0...how come you have a current Way mag? You subscribe to it?

Oops... just re-read your post ... your friend has a copy. Your friend subscribes?

Edited by Twinky

If they were honest, not only would they disqualify anyone currently IN debt (most adults beyond college age due to mortgages for homes they can own, cars that work, student and business loans, etc.) but also all of the teens who don't take a 'spiritual oath' to not go into debt to go to college, etc. My guess is, for many of that 70% of class attendees who are teens, many of them will go to college and will take on some kind of debt since mom & dad (who are in TWI) are renting their homes, and not able to pay for their college too. Those who plan to go in debt, but just aren't yet in debt, should also not be able to attend. That would be honest. But then, that would be honest, and not in the character of twi.

From a doctrinal point of view (no - please don't banish me to that sub level!), for anyone who is still with TWI, a question: If Ephesians 6 says to put on all the armor (equipment, resources, etc.) of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil, how do you justify them being willing to teach 3 of the 9 UNLESS you are financially debt-free? How do they justify withholding such vital, and essential teaching by which one cannot stand against the Devil successfully unless you know and exercise?

My TWI b.s. meter just went off. Did they say if the 69 people were ALL new students? It would be like them to add repeats, etc. to pump up the numbers.

JT

If Ephesians 6 says to put on all the armor (equipment, resources, etc.) of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil, how do you justify them NOT being willing to teach 3 of the 9 UNLESS you are financially debt-free? How do they justify withholding such vital, and essential teaching by which one cannot stand against the Devil successfully unless you know and exercise?

Yeah.. kinda defy's logic doesn't it..

Once you are successful, we'll teach you how to be successful..

Once you can do it yourself, we'll re-teach you..

Why don't they be honest.. And tell them, once they're doing everything right, and successful, we need your success to help us (since our classes haven't help us.)..

Edited by TrustAndObey

My TWI b.s. meter just went off. Did they say if the 69 people were ALL new students? It would be like them to add repeats, etc. to pump up the numbers.

JT

That's an old trick.

They used to do that back in the 70's.

They used to give us lists of inactive grads and tell us to get as many as we could to sit through the current class so the facility would look filled and impress the new students.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe they add repeats.

Repeats are used as labor. (Instead of going to the "discussion" sessions)

They might not add them now, but I'm certain they did in the 70's. I think this is one of those book "fudging" techniques that limb leaders did to impress HQ. Also, I believe the limb leaders then passed these assignments onto branch leaders as a way of having the branch leaders prove themselves worthy of acceptance into the WC.(Limb leader endorsement was a requirement of WC acceptance, if I remember correctly.)

• 4 weeks later...