GreaseSpot Cafe

The Victor Paul Wierwille Word Over The World Auditorium

waysider

Of course, now it's clear that it wasn't dedication but compulsion that brought those people.

You might be surprised..

there was more dedication than people would imagine..

did we "make a difference?"

yeah..

we just had the "mob" to deal with..

Anyway, FWIW the coffee and burgers that I put together for field folks were made with love and respect (on my part, anyway). And it was nice to see you, to see some fresh folk, even if some of you didn't for obvious reasons hang around for long.

Twinky,

:eusa_clap: Thank you! I did enjoy them. Hated the trip but did appreciate the kindness and smile afterwards.

JT

Then as a final insult, you'd be required to listen to the same thing all over again on tape the next week.

In the late 90's they started doing reviews of the previous week's SNS as part of the SNS itself. then we had to devote one teaching a week at fellowship to teaching the same subject as was on the SNS, and doing a review at fellowship of the tape. So we had to hear the same crap 4 times:

• The tape itself
  • The review on the next tape
  • The teaching at fellowship
  • and the review at fellowship

• Upvote 1

In the late 90's they started doing reviews of the previous week's SNS as part of the SNS itself. then we had to devote one teaching a week at fellowship to teaching the same subject as was on the SNS, and doing a review at fellowship of the tape. So we had to hear the same crap 4 times:

• The tape itself

Didn't we learn that technique in "Twig Leader Training" or one of those other so-called classes?

1. Tell them what you're going to tell them.

2. Tell them.

3. Tell them what you told them.

(Should I repeat that?)

:P

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

I wish I knew who came up with the idea of going, listening, reviewing, etc. God knows and he's probably still mad. :CUSSING:

• The tape itself

<Warning: Rant on the horizon>

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! Such bad memories!! Mind numbing boredom beyond belief. This was part of what finally got me to wake up. I brought a friend one night and it was a surprise event! Something fun? No. Something interesting? No. Something outside, involving food or anything else people equate with "surprise?" NO! We're going to watch the SNS video from the anniversary! Woopee!!!! And then we would review and discuss the video. We had ALL been there for the event! (How does one "review and discuss" musical productions?) :wacko: My friend got a "phone call" 15 minutes into it and never came back. We NEVER discussed TWI again. Probably thought I was a total loon. Actually, I probably was for staying in as long as I did.

<End of Rant>

JT

Edited by JustThinking

Well, who knows,, THW, maybe we met.

When I was in rez, I spent a lot of time getting ready for SNS one way or another. At differing times, this might include making up vats of coffee, or wrapping burgers in foil, or preparing other stuff to hand out to people leaving.

At the time, I was impressed (though somewhat amazed) that people should have the dedication to drive so very far to come to SNS. And I was pleased that we could freely give coffee or burgers or whatever to such dedicated people.

Of course, now it's clear that it wasn't dedication but compulsion that brought those people. And a cup of coffee after the SNS was such miserable recompense for the cost in time and actual expenditure for people to get to SNS.

Anyway, FWIW the coffee and burgers that I put together for field folks were made with love and respect (on my part, anyway). And it was nice to see you, to see some fresh folk, even if some of you didn't for obvious reasons hang around for long.

Twinky... what years were you in-rez?

I also have to agree with what others have said... making the trek to HQ started out as an act of dedication on a lot of folks' part. When we were first assigned to our location my husband and I loved that we could make the trip in one day or make it a weekend thing. In fact, we were trying to get others to come with us to see the place in non-ROA-mode long before it was mandated. But, once it became a forced thing, and once it started being so unbelievably regulated, then I started to loathe the whole trip.

However, one of the bright spots WAS the food after the service. I knew how hard all the staff worked to pull off a smooth Sunday at HQ, and I knew they would be working long after I drove off. It was always appreciated!!! -- no, my disgust was directed squarely at the powerful ones who were pulling the strings.

:offtopic:

THW have you disabled your PMs or is your inbox full?

Anyway, I was in rez 4 corps after you. Usually to be found behind some sort of beverage serving table, LOL.

• 13 years later...

Mmmph

In case you were already asleep by session 1 of PFAL and missed the part where victor paul wierwille introduces himself by reading what Jesus said about him in John 10:10, everything you need to know about this little charlatan is revealed in his letters.

Two of his letters (new to me) are on the first page of this thread. A brilliant little three page thread. I wish it went on for 30.

Thanks you, @waysider for starting it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2009 at 12:36 PM, Broken Arrow said:

And now for my 2-cents. My recollection is that it was called, "The Victor Paul Wierwille Word Over the World Auditorium. I think it was at Living Victoriously (1982) when the BOT with Wierwille as President announced that VP had asked them not to name it after him until after his death. The BOT still named it after him but agreed not to actually call it "The Victor Paul Wierwille...etc." until after his death. He died shortly after the official opening so most of us remember it carrying his name.

Well, I do recall him saying (probably in a staff meeting somewhere) that whenever a building was named after someone, they usually end up dying shortly thereafter...

Furthermore, it seems that sometime around the time the auditorium finished being built, there was something like $25 million cash sitting in the cofffers of TWi... (something which Geer brought to light a year or so after VP's death...) 

Victor also said (probably in a class somewhere) that everyone dies because they stop believing, and that unbelieving arises from fatigue, and fatigue leads to sleep, soul sleep, death.

So what was it that killed that old charlatan? The naming of a building or his own belief in unbelief?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Victor also said (probably in a class somewhere) that everyone dies because they stop believing, and that unbelieving arises from fatigue, and fatigue leads to sleep, soul sleep, death.

So what was it that killed that old charlatan? The naming of a building or his own belief in unbelief?

Cancer? 

20 hours ago, Rocky said:

Cancer? 

Well, yes. Cancer.

Victor taught cancer is devil spirit. He taught protection from devil spirit possession/infection is standing behind the hedge and shutting the trap door to your mind.

I’ll tell you what killed that old man…

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Fear. He was so consumed with fear of being found out for the fraud that he was. Devil spirits love to play in sand. Of course, fear is the sand…

31 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Well, yes. Cancer.

Victor taught cancer is devil spirit. He taught protection from devil spirit possession/infection is standing behind the hedge and shutting the trap door to your mind.

I’ll tell you what killed that old man…

Maybe so. I won't go that far, but as a critique of his PFLAP class, it seems fitting.