GreaseSpot Cafe

"Even our enemies are at peace with us."

JavaJane

I remember being told by someone at HQ that at lunch one day someone (possibly Rosie herself) read a post from good ol' Greasespot that said how wonderful the Fall Concert had been (I think this would have been 2003 or 2004?? Not sure.) The part that stood out to me was that whoever had posted this (if it ever happened) had said something about beinng so happy to see "Uncle Howard's smiling face" and how wonderful that concert was. The person relaying the story told me that Rosie had told everyone how great this was, because Greasespot was one of the more hateful internet sites towards twi, and that traffic had slowed down there... and that now they were posting nice things! She closed with this verse:

Proverbs 16:17 When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Did such a post even occur? I have looked.... never found it. Now, that doesn't mean it wasn't posted here by some VPW worshipper.

And the thought of Uncle Howard's smiling face while eating a nice greasy cafe breakfast makes me a little bit ill. Better get some more coffee to wash away that nasty Kool-Aid aftertaste. smilie_kool_aid.gif

I'm not at peace with them. I am here to expose them in spite of their efforts to keep things swept under the rug. If telling the truth about them makes them consider me "hateful" then so be it. Furthermore, I have not forgiven them. Oh but that's so un-Christian??....they have never asked and that is the requirement for forgiveness that the bible has placed on me. Bitter? ... nope. Actually, very happy I am free from them.

I'm glad she acknowledged that she is a GreaseSpot reader. Kind of funny though, she has no computer in her office....how can she read along? She has WAYGB print off copies of the forums so she can read along. I've seen it done. Maybe she has a computer by now and can follow along on her own.... :rolleyes:

Interesting they must of had to wade through a lot of hateful posts to find that one. Snicker

I survived the way mostly intact and even I am appalled by the stuff that happened.. not only am i appalled by it and revolted.. coming to greaspot has made me realize how lucky I was to have left so early

Finding out the truth about the ministry here has been the best thing ever and if her little announcement sent anyone here to see the truth than hip hip horray.

but to stand up there and pretend that this site has softened it's and collectively our stance on what the ministry is, and has done to people who were part of it is stupid.

edited to fix my errors spelling and structure

Edited by leafytwiglet

I remember being told by someone at HQ that at lunch one day someone (possibly Rosie herself) read a post from good ol' Greasespot that said how wonderful the Fall Concert had been (I think this would have been 2003 or 2004?? Not sure.) The part that stood out to me was that whoever had posted this (if it ever happened) had said something about beinng so happy to see "Uncle Howard's smiling face" and how wonderful that concert was. The person relaying the story told me that Rosie had told everyone how great this was, because Greasespot was one of the more hateful internet sites towards twi, and that traffic had slowed down there... and that now they were posting nice things! She closed with this verse:

Proverbs 16:17 When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Did such a post even occur? I have looked.... never found it. Now, that doesn't mean it wasn't posted here by some VPW worshipper.

And the thought of Uncle Howard's smiling face while eating a nice greasy cafe breakfast makes me a little bit ill. Better get some more coffee to wash away that nasty Kool-Aid aftertaste. smilie_kool_aid.gif

Her use of Proverbs 16:17 out of context to apply to TWI is at the very least sickening to me. That's a good example of TWI's use of the Bible to their benefit. IMO, this is Bible abuse.

Wayfers prefer to crush an enemy, stomp on the neck or something . . . peace is when wayfers believe they have the upper hand.

Yes, that's when they "Wash Their Feet in the Blood of the Wicked!" :dance:

Sooooo------they're saying their ways please the Lord?

Unequivocally yes, verily, and amen.

That is what they are saying.

Well, if they have enemies, it's because they are being attacked by the adversary for their stand on the word.... But if they aren't being attacked, it's because they are doing the word.

Kinda like all of us who left. If we are doing well it's because the adversary is giving us false prosperity to convince people to leave twi. If we aren't doing well it's because we are reaping the consequences of walking out from God's protection.

Convenient, isn't it?

It was always like some kind of verbal shell game with them, wasn't it?

Yes, and none of can win. It's circular in nature and the double talk is infinity.

No, sorry, I'm reffering to fence hoping.

I wanna go bar hopping.

Well, if they have enemies, it's because they are being attacked by the adversary for their stand on the word.... But if they aren't being attacked, it's because they are doing the word.

Kinda like all of us who left. If we are doing well it's because the adversary is giving us false prosperity to convince people to leave twi. If we aren't doing well it's because we are reaping the consequences of walking out from God's protection.

Convenient, isn't it?

Ain't that the truth. Covering their @$$ on every front. mooner.gif

Edited by dmiller

Convenient, isn't it?

Yeah, really. I mean, who knew that the Bible was really there only to uphold and reinforce the ideas and aspirations of a certain few who place themselves above others?

No, such a post never occurred.

You can count on Rosa-lie to speak any lie which she thinks benefits here.

In that case, the only people who could have called her on lying would have

had to admit they were reading the GSC, and that was forbidden....

No, such a post never occurred.

You can count on Rosa-lie to speak any lie which she thinks benefits here.

In that case, the only people who could have called her on lying would have

had to admit they were reading the GSC, and that was forbidden....

Wow... that is truly insidious... I never thought that it could just be being used as a trap.

It sorta backfired on her - I actually went to GSC the first time to see if I could find the post to read it for myself. And then that just led to more questioning... and the questioning led to more thinking... and that led to me getting the frack out.

Last night it occured to me that The Way has been known to try to ferret out the "insidious Way insiders" giving out insider info at Waydale and GSC a time or two hundred.

Man, the stuff just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I'm skipping the shovel and going directly to large earth-moving equipment. :B)

(added in editing)

And for the record,

I would not jump all over somebody just for holding feelings of nostalgia, because I was there once.

Of course that was before I had been more fully informed as to beloved "Uncle Howards" real nature.

Edited by JeffSjo

. . .

I believe she was referring to Dr. J.