GreaseSpot Cafe

Pssst.....

OldSkool

Things seem to keep coming back to me. I have known several obese followers of the way international who wanted to get into the Way Corpse. They were not allowed. I've heard low whispers from those in the know that Rosie doesn't like obese people to be in the way corps and would do whatever she could to discourage overweight folks from joining the ranks.

There was a rather large guy in my Corps.

When he went home for "ho ho relo" they asked where the other half of him was.

There were some very fat people on staff when I was in rez.

No surprise there. The Way has always been inordinately concerned with superficial, physical appearances.

That's one facet of the "trophy mentality" to which they subscribe.

"be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds" . . . from Romans I think . . . pull out the Strong's and a Leprechaun err . . . Lexicon

renewing one's mind causes a physical change in appearance

really, it's true

don't believe me? . . . you really should study the Werd more.

"be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds" . . . from Romans I think . . . pull out the Strong's and a Leprechaun err . . . Lexicon

renewing one's mind causes a physical change in appearance

really, it's true

don't believe me? . . . you really should study the Werd more.

Quiet Bolshevik, I'm eating a box of mustard seeds...... I'm trying to increase my bust and it says they can move mountains......

Quiet Bolshevik, I'm eating a box of mustard seeds...... I'm trying to increase my bust and it says they can move mountains......

Oh, np, let me help. I'll focus on believing images of victory. :thinking:

ah, the parable of herbal supplements . . . whatever gets one to the top . . .

Oh never mind, I was just informed that Mustard seeds just grow into a big bush.......

Yanno,... you really need to read the instructions on this stuff....

Oh never mind, I was just informed that Mustard seeds just grow into a big bush.......

no no, that will work just fine in today's twi . . .

:P

Well they do get quite larg some of them 6 feet tall depending on the type of Mustard plant.

You too can live the abundant mustard life in California!

tongue.gif

Well they do get quite larg some of them 6 feet tall depending on the type of Mustard plant.

You too can live the abundant mustard life in California!

Six feet ta,.......

Yer killin me leafy!eusa_clap.gifconfused.gifdance.giftongue.gif

No surprise there. The Way has always been inordinately concerned with superficial, physical appearances.

That's one facet of the "trophy mentality" to which they subscribe.

BTW I blame Waysider's post ^^^ for getting me started on this.....

yeah, that's it.......

Things seem to keep coming back to me. I have known several obese followers of the way international who wanted to get into the Way Corpse. They were not allowed. I've heard low whispers from those in the know that Rosie doesn't like obese people to be in the way corps and would do whatever she could to discourage overweight folks from joining the ranks.

Just when I thought I'd heard it all....

JT

Edited by JustThinking

Dear Dear Rozilla,

Perhaps you have thrown all your full length mirrors out. Or do these rules only apply to those who haven't been in charge way too long. I guess that is why someone with a sticky note has to reserve a treadmill/bike for you, so that others on staff aren't "in your way". Equal in God's eyes, maybe-equal at duh way, not so much.

Just thinking about possible motivation for not allowing obese people in the WC... Let's boil it down to money: liability for injuries sustained during ridiculous WC training... Stress on the heart, increased risk of stroke... Possible healthcare costs...

Which makes me think - does twi take care of inresidence wc health insurance? Do they maintain some sort of accidental injury policy for training the wc? Might be why they are doing LEAD duo behind Founders Hall nowadays.

LEAD duos behind Founders Hall now? How lame is that!

When I was in the Way Corps, there was no health insurance for the average Joe ... they DID pick up the medical bills for all those hurt in the LEAD accident, I believe, at least the bills at the time ... not residual injuries that lasted for years afterward.

When I was on Staff at HQ my interim year (1983-84), they did pay for optometrist appointments ... that's when I got my first contact lenses. They also let us have the day off and a Staff car (several of us) to go to the Indiana Campus for free dental work. I rather doubt that's the case now, though. Those were the days of lots of abundant sharing flowing in ...

rotfalol :biglaugh::rolleyes:

Just thinking about possible motivation for not allowing obese people in the WC... Let's boil it down to money: liability for injuries sustained during ridiculous WC training... Stress on the heart, increased risk of stroke... Possible healthcare costs...

Which makes me think - does twi take care of inresidence wc health insurance? Do they maintain some sort of accidental injury policy for training the wc? Might be why they are doing LEAD duo behind Founders Hall nowadays.

The thinking went that if one is obese, then they lack self-discipline and no, TWI didn't pay health covereage for in-residence Corps.

They also let us have the day off and a Staff car (several of us) to go to the Indiana Campus for free dental work.

Yeah... except in my corps they all got yelled at before they left for not having the believing to be well before they came in residence.

Hahahaha! So Erkjohn, if it cost money, the problem was your believing, and if you believed for Money, it costed you, and if you thought the Way was going to lose money on you, to help you out (THOUGH it IS amusing, when you remember where they got all their money) you were deceived.

Any money the Way spent on it's "people" was generally calculated to be worth the investment, i.e. paying for "all mailings" was considered worthwhile to encourage ABS. See what we did for you? we keep in touch and care about you,.... Howzabout you care for us too,.... Cha-CHING!!!

You know, if you get the letter on the good stationary, yer in the 500 Club,.... lolololol !!!!!!

I haven't heard that people haven"t been accepted based on physical appearance. I think that that is bull. If anything it is due to health issues related to a weight problem. Big difference. I went through the training more recently than Old-school and there was people I would call heavy. Oh and the duo is not done behind Founders Hall. Fact